Xbox game recording option is greyed out, Xbox game bar not working

Discus and support Xbox game recording option is greyed out, Xbox game bar not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox game bar isn't working most of the options are greyed out, even in the settings the preferences options are missing. It doesn't show the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ePicGaMeR_sotp, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Xbox game recording option is greyed out, Xbox game bar not working

My Xbox game bar isn't working most of the options are greyed out, even in the settings the preferences options are missing. It doesn't show the location of the recordings and whenever I click the open folder option settings app just crashes.

Xbox game recording option is greyed out, Xbox game bar not working [​IMG]

Xbox game recording option is greyed out, Xbox game bar not working [​IMG]

Please help I'm trying to record because no other software works for me.

My windows specifications

Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎10/‎7/‎2021

OS build 22000.466

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.466.0

My device specifications

Device name Hp-x360-2021

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

Installed RAM 4.00 GB

Device ID A581CBF3-2F1A-4625-8F65-2F3B94F36A7C

Product ID 00327-30365-86183-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touchPen and touch support with 10 touch points

:)

ePicGaMeR_sotp, Mar 18, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi ePicGaMeR_sotp,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation. Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Kind regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi ePicGaMeR_sotp,

Greetings! Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand that you were having issues with the Gaming recordings for your Windows 11. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To be honest this is an odd issue as the recordings always show options even the Game Mode is off. So, to better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. We'd like to ask if you were still having same issue until now?
    2. May we know if issue persist even if you have updated the Windows OS and build?
    3. Is Xbox app, Gaming Services updated?
    4. Is the Xbox Game Bar and Game Mode is turn on on PC Settings?
    5. Are you part of Windows Insider or Xbox Insider?
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox Game Bar Greyed Out

most likely then yes. try the following

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have 2 GPU's, i use 2 gpu's in my system but works the same for igpu too. this way you can select which gpu to use for the program

Make sure to select your proper gpu from the list.
  5. Avishek_2000 Win User

Xbox Game Bar Greyed Out

Mine shows AMD Radeon(R) GPU, is this iGPU the same as his?
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox Game Bar Greyed Out

give the following a try

Open Radeon Settings and then go to the system tab on the bottom then go to switchable graphics and in 'Current Applications' find XboxIdp.exe and set that to power saving or if the performance setting will work use that.
Thema:

1. Xbox game recording option is greyed out, Xbox game bar not working - Similar Threads - game recording option

2. I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar: I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating the xbox game bar, what can I do? d9667d4d-593e-4fc1-9969-bf20e8d78b76
  3. "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?: Every time I take 30 second clips with the "record what happened" option in the Xbox Game Bar, the microphone doesn't work and doesn't take it, causing the clip to not have my voice. When I record...
  4. I can't enable the option "Record game clips, screenshots and stream with Game bar" to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't enable the option "Record game clips, screenshots and stream with Game bar" to...: Hi, I am currently unable to record my screen with the Xbox Game Bar, I have watched videos and read forums and they all say that you have to go to settings -> Gaming and enable the option to...
  5. Xbox Game Bar "Record the last 30 seconds" option makes all audio but voice extremely quiet

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar "Record the last 30 seconds" option makes all audio but voice extremely quiet: I find myself using the "record the last 30 seconds" option more often, but when I watch the recordings, I find one thing that bugs me. All the game audio has gone almost inaudible. Sounds that...
  6. The option stating 'Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar' will not...

in XBoX on Windows
    The option stating 'Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar' will not...: That's all. I know the reason, but I can't fix it b/c windows seems to be pretty unreasonable. b328d159-302d-41ba-b35f-b1158746765a
  7. XBOX Game Bar, problem with "record last x time" option

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Game Bar, problem with "record last x time" option: So, I've been recording many, many Rainbow Six Siege clips thanks to the "Record Last 30 Seconds" option. Thing is, as I always play R6 with my friends, our conversations or reactions are really...
  8. There should be an option to record game chat audio in games

in XboX Insiders
    There should be an option to record game chat audio in games: Sometimes when i play games such as call of duty, it records the voice chat as well and there are some really funny momets and i think there should be a way of doing this as a proper feature....
  9. There is no record microphone option in my game DVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There is no record microphone option in my game DVR: Before my computer crashed I could record my all games and also record my game commentary along with it.but after fixing my computer, I am unable to record most of the fullscreen games and i can't...
  10. 1080p 60FPS Game DVR record option for Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    1080p 60FPS Game DVR record option for Xbox One X: At this time of posting you can only get 60FPS @ 4K but not @1080p on Xbox One X. I use my Xbox One X on my 1080p display. An option for 60FPS @1080p would be great and maybe even option to...