Xbox Game Recorder on PC won't (or very hard to) stop/start

Discus and support Xbox Game Recorder on PC won't (or very hard to) stop/start in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows' Xbox Game recorder to record Fortnite gameplay on a Dell Inspiron 5000 Gaming laptop. Whenever I try to start recording by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ExxDee, Nov 19, 2018.

1. ExxDee
    ExxDee Guest

Hi,

I am using Windows' Xbox Game recorder to record Fortnite gameplay on a Dell Inspiron 5000 Gaming laptop. Whenever I try to start recording by pressing Win+G then the black dot (Record button), it takes around 10 seconds to bring up the menu and another
    10-20 seconds to actually start recording. Also, when it does start recording, if I record for a long time (30 mins+), when I try to stop on the small overlay, it either takes a very long time to close the small popup, or it doesn't close at all and I have
    to force stop on my task manager. One last thing: Occasionally in-game it seems like my mouse isn't responding but after some searching, I found that my cursor was locked onto the Xbox Game Recorder overlay. I found this very annoying, and it was hard for
    me to play with ease. I'm new to the forums, so sorry if there are any problems. Thanks!

:)

ExxDee, Nov 19, 2018
  2. ComradeCanum
    ComradeCanum Guest
    5 Minutes of DVR gameplay

I'm not sure of a 5 min replay option, but you can manually start and stop a Game DVR recording. "Xbox record this" only does the 30sec record, but by snapping out and starting a recording and snapping back in you can record as long as you want (I believe)
    and then do the same to stop recording.

ComradeCanum, Nov 19, 2018
  3. spidey24
    spidey24 Guest
    Xbox Disconnects using Media Center if paused or at the menu screen for 90-120 seconds

The xbox is connected via 100mb ethernet cable. Streaming recorded TV works great, but, as the subject says, if the recording is puased or if I hit stop and go back to the main menu for 90-120 seconds, the xbox disconnects, and then eventually reconnects
    and loads media center again. Very frustrating. PC is a windows 7 pro-64

spidey24, Nov 19, 2018
  4. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, it sounds like you'd like to record your Fortnite gameplay. To further assist you with this question, what are the specifications of your laptop? As well when performing the gameplay and recording how much of
    your CPU, GPU, RAM is being used? Please let us know.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Nov 19, 2018
  5. ExxDee
    ExxDee Guest
    Hi!

Really sorry for the late reply. Here are the technical details for my laptop:

Screen Size 15.6 inches

Max Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080

Processor 3.5 GHz 8032

RAM 8 GB DDR4

Hard Drive 1000 GB Mechanical Hard Drive

Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Chipset Brand NVIDIA

Card Description Dedicated

Graphics Card Ram Size 4 GB

Wireless Type 802.11.ac

Number of USB 3.0 Ports 3

Without recording, Fortnite uses 38% CPU, 50% of my Nvidia GPU, 50% of my Intel GPU, and 75% of my memory (including task manager). When recording, it uses 67% of my CPU, around 80% of my Nvidia GPU and 75% of Intel HD Graphics GPU. Also, it uses 69% of
    my memory (including task manager).

Just to note: even when I'm recording or not recording, my computer uses 100% of my CPU when I use Fortnite. Is that bad?

Thanks again!

ExxDee, Nov 20, 2018
  6. Hey there
    ExxDee,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the game bar on Windows 10. I recommend to
    troubleshoot
    Game Bar on Windows 10

Try this article out and let us know the results.

XBF Crystal P, Nov 6, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: