Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought XBOX game pass. Several EA games are on game pass. To play an EA game through game pass, we are required to download EA play and then launch... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by karmakaos, Nov 14, 2023.

1. karmakaos
    karmakaos Guest

I bought XBOX game pass. Several EA games are on game pass. To play an EA game through game pass, we are required to download EA play and then launch the game through EA play. However, EA Play will not allow me to sign in through my xbox account due to having an existing EA play account years ago, and that account seemingly disabled. Which means once I open EA play through the Xbox app, it doesn't allow me access to any of the games in EA Play that are part of game pass, since it will not connect to my xbox gamepass account.

The real issue is that EA has ZERO support. Their website directs you to support, but you get an infinite loop of links that provide no help or way to contact someone. EA forums suggest creating a ticket, but the option to create a ticket does not exist in any of the steps the EA site provides for seeking help. Furthermore, every time I attempt to circle the infinite loop of links searching for help, my account is logged out and I'm forced through a time consuming 2fa EA login. It seems designed to get my to quit. I did.

EA is a **** company. If you are going to have their games on gamepass, please provide a DIRECT way to access those games through the xbox app instead of requiring the use of EA Play, especially considering EA Play doesn't work and doesn't have legitimate support.

What can I do? I'm currently cancelling my gamepass, as several of the games I had hoped to play I don't seem to be able to access now due to this issue and there has been no way of getting support.

:)

karmakaos, Nov 14, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Karmakaos, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with EA Play on Xbox Game Pass for PC.

Link your EA and Xbox accounts: If you are an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Game Pass for PC member, you will need to link your EA and Xbox accounts

Install the EA app: Make sure you have the EA app, now in beta, installed on your PC. If you don't have it, the Xbox app for Windows will guide you through the setup process

Update user account control settings: User account control settings must be activated again. Take for example the second one. Restart and then it will let you install the EA Play app without problems

Sign in with your Microsoft account in EA Desktop: Have you tried signing in with your Microsoft account in EA Desktop? Below, you have the Xbox symbol... Once you log in you will have EA Pass

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.

If after following these steps the problem persists, I would recommend that you contact Xbox support for additional help
  3. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

EA Play upgraded to Game Pass by mistake

Hi Oz_Europe,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you want just EA Play without the Game Pass subscription, correct? Are you trying to keep your EA Play subscription for PC or in the Xbox?

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is for both Xbox and PC, and it includes EA Play for both PC and Xbox.

Xbox Game Pass for PC is for PC games, and it includes EA Play for PC

EA Play for Xbox members who join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will have their EA Play membership on Xbox automatically canceled, and any remaining time will be rounded up and converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate time at a ratio of 3:1

Here is a link to the EA help page with more info on Game Pass and EA Play EA Play and Xbox Game Pass.

If you just want EA Play, you can purchase it separately for £3.99 / month or pay annually £19.99 / year EA Play - EA Video Game Membership - EA Official Site

You can also purchase EA play separately on the Xbox console by:

1. Pressing the Nexus Button

2. Navigate to and click on "My games & apps"

3. Select "See all"

4. Navigate to and click on "Full library"
    5. Under "Available offers" you should see "EA Play"

From there it will ask you if you want to purchase an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription which includes EA Play along with 100s of other titles, or just EA Play.

If this answers your question, let us know by clicking "Yes" or "No" down below.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

why cant i get fc24 i tried over a dozen times and i have game pass ultimate

because the game is not part of Game Pass, there's a 10 hour trial available with EA play

Are you on PC or Xbox? If you're on PC you need to download the EA app and connect your accounts to access the trial
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

I can't see EA Play gmaes in my Xbox app

If you’re an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC member, you’ll need to link your EA and Xbox accounts, and then make sure you have EA Desktop (Beta) installed on your PC. If you don’t, the Xbox app on Windows 10 will walk you through the setup process.

Find more info in EA Play with Xbox Game Pass FAQ | Xbox Support
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Can't play any EA games on my account

I had the same issue when EA play came to Game Pass for PC. I forgot the account it was linked to and EA was unable to help me, I reached out to Xbox support and they said "Unlinking accounts from your Xbox account is only designated to those platforms support and Microsoft cannot assist with this."

Hopefully you find a way around this.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support. - Similar Threads - Game Pass Unabled

2. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  3. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  4. Unable to access Xbox Live Gold games even though I have game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to access Xbox Live Gold games even though I have game pass: So back when I had Xbox Live Gold I got The Division as a Gold game, and I recently decided to play it again. However whenever I go to open the game it says I need to renew my Xbox Subscription...
  5. Game pass pc games unable to sign in with error 0x80070520

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass pc games unable to sign in with error 0x80070520: Unable able to start any games from pc game pass because it wont let me sign in on the games 80780f7f-4a9d-49da-a88e-8864d1b83121
  6. unable to launch any game pass game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to launch any game pass game.: any game boot receives an error: /game/ cant open because it is offline. the storage device might be missing or disconnected. no issues with drive, working fine for files, other programs and...
  7. I am unable to cancel my pc game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to cancel my pc game pass: I am unable to cancel my pc game pass. When I go to the xbox app and press manage by the game pass, it takes me to my order history. Then from there i click manage again, then i get took to the...
  8. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?: I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass...
  9. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store: Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my...
  10. Game Pass - unable install or play The Walking Dead - A new Frontier

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass - unable install or play The Walking Dead - A new Frontier: I've been playing The Walking Dead - A new Frontier, but right now, it isnt possible to start the game via cloud play (whether from console nor from Pc or android). Installing isnt an option,...