Xbox Game Pass PC installer - Error code 0x80072EFD)

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC installer - Error code 0x80072EFD) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been trying to install the Xbox PC Pass and it is running into an error. It states Looks like something went wrong We weren't able to install... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Advocator, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Advocator
    Advocator Guest

I've been trying to install the Xbox PC Pass and it is running into an error. It states

Looks like something went wrong

We weren't able to install the app ()x80072EFD)

I've looked around the internet, but cannot find a solution to this issue. I've made sure Windows 10 is fully up-to-date, I can access the internet just fine with it, I tried removing the older Xbox apps that I had installed. Nothing seems to work.

Is there something wrong on MS's end of things? If not, what should I do to get around this problem?

Thanks

:)

Advocator, Oct 28, 2019
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

I can't sign into the xbox live 0x80072EFD

3. XBF Meryem R Win User

i cant sign into my xbox account/profile,

4. XBF Aicha T Win User

Hello! on the Xbox app on my pc I keep getting the message, "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live".

5. Advocator Win User

While I appreciate the response, this is absurd. I cannot begin to fathom how a Microsoft app cannot connect to whatever it connects to when it installs itself.

Despite the absurdity of this situation, I went through these steps. I stopped trying after I got to removing directories in the powershell as it was unable to do so because the directories were not empty. I tried to manually delete what was in those directories
    and the files were in use.

I later thought maybe it was something I had running in the background causing an issue, so I booted into safe mode with networking. That didn't work (the installation app started to run, but would simply close itself after I told it to install things).
    I thought perhaps there was an issue with needing to allow the Host Service to make modifications to my PC, so I turned that security setting off. Same issue.

I then went into the things I had in the store and tried to reload everything related to Xbox or gaming. While the 360 application (gaming glass?) would install, the other gaming service would not.

My best guess at this point is that there is simply something wrong on Microsoft's end of things that is somehow preventing me from accessing whatever server the data I need is on.

Maybe my guess is completely wrong, I don't know. What I do know is that this simply is not worth the effort.
  6. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

1] Windows Firewall is disabled
    It seems like, if the Windows Firewall is disabled, you will not be able to install the application from Windows Store. So the first thing you have to check is whether the Windows Firewall is turned off or not. To access type in Firewall in Start Search,
    and click on the result to open it. You could also navigate it as follows – Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall. Here you have to make sure that it is turned on.

If some strange reason you’re unable to turn on Windows Firewall, open Services Manager and check if the Windows Firewall service is stopped. Type services.msc and click on Services, and look for Windows Firewall. Now make sure that the service is set
    to Automatic and Started.

2] Incorrect Date & Time
    If you have incorrect Date and Time set on your computer, you’ll have issues installing applications from Windows Store. You may even receive a message:

The time setting on your PC might be incorrect. Go to PC settings, make sure the date, time, and time zone are set correctly, and then try again.

So make sure you have the correct date, time. You can change it from Regional Settings from the Control Panel.

3] Licensing on Windows Store is not synced
    If the licensing on the Windows Store is not synced properly, you will not be able to install apps on your Windows computer. To manually sync it:

Go to Windows Store
    Press Windows Key + C
    Open Settings
    Select App Updates
    Sync Licenses
    Now reboot the system and try to download again.

4] Change your Internet connection and see
    Change your Internet connection and see. For some strange reason, this has been known to help. So if you are using a cabled broadband connection, use a WiFi and see – or vice versa.

5] Reset Windows Store cache
    You may reset your Windows Store cache and then try to download or install the app.

5] Run the Troubleshooters
    The Windows 10 Store Apps Troubleshooter is a great built-in tool from Microsoft which can help you with apps installation problems. You may want to run that and see if that helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC installer - Error code 0x80072EFD) - Similar Threads - Game Pass installer

2. Why wont R6 install through Pc Game Pass?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont R6 install through Pc Game Pass?: Every time i try and install it it says content failed to load and i already made a Ubisoft account for this. So does anyone know whats going on? b1cb416a-1efa-475a-84e5-9ae18b545528
  3. i bought the xbox game pass for pc online from xbox official site but after installing the...

in XBoX on Windows
    i bought the xbox game pass for pc online from xbox official site but after installing the...: it displays launching the xbox app screen for a long time but then it says something went wrong try the update again and error code is 0x80070057 please assist quickly my game pass subscription...
  4. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  5. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  6. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  7. Xbox Game Pass game install button shows sad face. HELP!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass game install button shows sad face. HELP!!: Cant install Assassins Creed Valhalla which is available as part of XBox Game Pass. Install button just shows a sad face. I have tried resetting the Xbox app and Store app. I have tried myriad of...
  8. Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...: Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on a Xbox one x it does not show install option. it's show buy ubisoft+ subscription....
  9. Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass: Hi today they add Assassins Creed Valhalla on game pass so i want to play it on my Pc, but when i try to install it i got a sad face, and i dont know what to do, any idea of what is happening?...
  10. How do i install a game I own instead of the Game Pass version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i install a game I own instead of the Game Pass version?: I bought the Conan Complete Edition and when I try to install it Game Pass installs the Game Pass version of the base game along with my DLCs that are included with the complete edition. I've...