Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive while trying to install a game. No option to choose which hard drive to be used. [img] Thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ben125, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Ben125
    Ben125 Guest

Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive while trying to install a game. No option to choose which hard drive to be used.

Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

Ben125, Jul 21, 2021
  2. UserDG Win User

Hi, test this procedure, it worked for me.

Doofustoe

Respondido em julho 20, 2021

Hi, apparently this is the fix from another thread here - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/unknown-available-drive-with-xbox-app-on-pc/cd962c22-99be-4619-8f14-b6d18c74e261?page=2

MewSynk

Replied on June 30, 2021

i had this same problem and i just fixed it heres how.........

i got this from DAN Z over on the Feedback hub ............

Can now occur if you have deleted the "Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps" and "WindowsApps" folders on other drives even when they're empty and unused. Uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services will not help this issue. To fix the problem I was having you need to go into SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -. STORAGE and select "CHANGE WHERE NEW CONTENT IS SAVED" and change where new apps are saved to the drives you removed those folders from. Then you can change it back to your default. This is an Xbox app problem for some dumb reason.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Ben! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I understand your frustration as a fellow SSD user...

I've got a 2TB external drive I've been installing some larger games on through game pass - so rest assured it is possible. Try this if you haven't already;

Open the Xbox app (the new one, not companion), and open settings under your profile picture.

Then, from there you should see where the default location of games is installed to. Change this if it is on drive (C:). I also like to make XGP ask me every time where to install it, as I'll still install smaller games onto my HDD sometimes. Like you said in your post if Windows tries to override your default drive in settings, asking every time could work as it will ask right before it installs.

Hope this helps! If not, please let me know and I'll try help further.

Cheers
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Glitched hard drives

5. HassanB Win User

Issues with transferring data from Xbox 360 20GB HD to Xbox 360 Slim HD via computer.

Nope, you cannot transfer data from the 20GB drive to the Slim drive on the PC. This process can only be done on the Xbox 360. Please also remember not to format the storage devices on the PC as it will make your hard drives essentially paper weights by
    doing so. The Xbox 360 has a very specific formatted file system structure, if the console detects anything is changed it will either not read the hard drive or detect it as a USB which you won't be able to solve using any sort of tools provided by Microsoft.

The use of 3rd party tools on Microsoft Xbox 360 hard drives is a violation of the terms of use.
  6. AngelObullets Win User

internet external drive

This sounds like it's detecting the games from games pass is that from game pass that are installed on your external hard drive?.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive - Similar Threads - Game Pass App

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. Game pass app not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass app not working: For some reason the layout of my Xbox gamepass app is different than the other ones I see. My one profile icon is on the bottom right and others is on the bottom middle. I don’t know why this is...
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  5. xbox game pass app not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game pass app not working: I have xbox game pas for PC subscription and app is not launching since yesterday (11.02.2024), before that it worked fine. I reinstalled it, relaunched multiple times and all I get is a static...
  6. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  7. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  8. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  9. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  10. Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?: Is there any way cloud gaming is integrated into the game pass app for iOs for all the listed games?, tried playing certain games on the app using a backbone controller but it asks to install the...