Xbox Game Pass. Is it worth it?

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass. Is it worth it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been thinking of paying the £7.99 per month for the Xbox Game Pass, but is it worth it? From what I can see, most of the games on there were... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BootcampEddie, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Xbox Game Pass. Is it worth it?

I have been thinking of paying the £7.99 per month for the Xbox Game Pass, but is it worth it?

From what I can see, most of the games on there were Gold giveaways at some point. Ea Access seems to be a better buy, it's cheaper and has more recent games in the list. If Microsoft were to add more recent games, instead of rubbish that they have already
    included in the gold giveaway I would definately buy without a second thought, but I already own most of the titles they have so whats the point in paying for games I already own???

Is there any decent games to be added to the Game Pass ..... when I say decent, I mean games that are less than 12 months old??

:)

BootcampEddie, Jan 3, 2018
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Is Game Pass worth it?

If any of the games are Play Anywhere titles, they'll work on the PC. So it just depends on if there are enough of those games to make it worth it to you.

Smwutches, Jan 3, 2018
  3. Is Game Pass worth it?

I'm on PC and I'm looking into maybe getting the Game Pass; however, it looks to only be for console use.

Does it work for PC games, or just the Microsoft console gaming?

DreadPizza38995, Jan 3, 2018
  4. Xbox Game Pass. Is it worth it?

I think a lot of factors go into what is or can be included in the Game Pass. I'm sure the individual game developers can say whether or not their games are included, to a point. And I'm sure that profitability has some part in it, as well. As far as whether
    or not games newer than 12 months will be included, I'm uncertain. I honestly kind of doubt it, though. Most games, within their first year, can still maintain some level of profitability on their own. And the Games Pass may not be a good fit for everyone.
    If you already own the majority of games available via Games Pass, it simply wouldn't make sense to pay a recurring fee to access those.

I think the Game Pass is aimed at providing a good cross-section of Xbox One and Xbox 360 game titles to people who might have missed them initially and who might want to try something new without committing $40-$60 on some of the individual games on offer.
    That being said, the lineup will change over time. Games will be added and games will be removed. Just because at this point in time it doesn't contain the games that will make it appealing to you doesn't mean that, given a few months, it won't. Keep your
    eyes on it and see if something you like pops up. If not, you've lost no money or opportunities.

As far as what games, decent or otherwise, will be added to the Game Pass, only Microsoft and its partners can answer that. We just don't know yet.

Hope that helps. Have a great day!

The Old Dozer, Jan 3, 2018
  5. XxUNCOUTHxX
    XxUNCOUTHxX Guest
    Now would be a great time to try out Xbox Game Pass as it's only going for $1 on the Xbox store, and if you don't like it, you can always cancel it.

XxUNCOUTHxX, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox live free trial

You can get Ultimate Game Pass for $1 right now in some regions. It includes Xbox live, Game Pass for console, and Game Pass for PC. Even if you don't use the Game Pass for PC it is worth getting for a $1 to get Xbox Live and Game Pass for 3 months.
  7. Tostiee Win User

Redeem a pre-paid 12 months Live Gold code with Game Pass Ultimate signed

Hey Andre,

You can find more info on it here. But basically if you have Game Pass Ultimate active there is a conversion rate for Xbox live and regular Game pass codes.
    So for an example 12 months worth of Xbox Live gold is worth 4 Months of Game Pass Ultimate.
  8. XxUNCOUTHxX Win User

Now would be a great time to try out Xbox Game Pass as it's only going for $1 on the Xbox store, and if you don't like it, you can always cancel it.
  9. The Old Dozer Win User

I think a lot of factors go into what is or can be included in the Game Pass. I'm sure the individual game developers can say whether or not their games are included, to a point. And I'm sure that profitability has some part in it, as well. As far as whether
    or not games newer than 12 months will be included, I'm uncertain. I honestly kind of doubt it, though. Most games, within their first year, can still maintain some level of profitability on their own. And the Games Pass may not be a good fit for everyone.
    If you already own the majority of games available via Games Pass, it simply wouldn't make sense to pay a recurring fee to access those.

I think the Game Pass is aimed at providing a good cross-section of Xbox One and Xbox 360 game titles to people who might have missed them initially and who might want to try something new without committing $40-$60 on some of the individual games on offer.
    That being said, the lineup will change over time. Games will be added and games will be removed. Just because at this point in time it doesn't contain the games that will make it appealing to you doesn't mean that, given a few months, it won't. Keep your
    eyes on it and see if something you like pops up. If not, you've lost no money or opportunities.

As far as what games, decent or otherwise, will be added to the Game Pass, only Microsoft and its partners can answer that. We just don't know yet.

Hope that helps. Have a great day!
  10. PishaJ Win User

My Xbox live 12 month membership was bought in June but has already run out - how can this happen.

I have basically the same question I bought 12 months worth of Xbox live in May of 2022 I used my Xbox game pass points to buy another month of game pass and it expired the end of November and when it expired it took the rest of the Xbox live I had to buy another 3 months worth
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass. Is it worth it? - Similar Threads - Game Pass worth

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  7. Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate worth it?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate worth it?: I have a monthly subscription to Xbox game pass ultimate however I only use it for Xcloud...So is it worth me paying for just one use? I am only keeping it at the moment so I can game while on...
  8. I lost 3-4 months worth of game pass ultimate.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I lost 3-4 months worth of game pass ultimate.: I lost 3-4 months worth of game pass ultimate for no reason it was sudden. Now I recently bought a month just so I could play games which I shouldn’t be paying in the first place....
  9. Is Game Pass worth it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Game Pass worth it?: I'm on PC and I'm looking into maybe getting the Game Pass; however, it looks to only be for console use. Does it work for PC games, or just the Microsoft console gaming?...
  10. Xbox Game Pass. Is it worth the money?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass. Is it worth the money?: I have been thinking of paying the £7.99 per month for the Xbox Game Pass, but is it worth it? From what I can see, most of the games on there were Gold giveaways at some point. Ea Access seems...