Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview FAQ

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview FAQ in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; What regions is this available in? Only in Colombia and Ireland. I have time accumulated in my membership, what happens to it if I join? Your time... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GuruKronos, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview FAQ

What regions is this available in?

Only in Colombia and Ireland.

I have time accumulated in my membership, what happens to it if I join?

Your time will migrate with you to the new plan on a fixed ratio; for example, a month of Game Pass Ultimate will be worth 18 days of this preview plan. Once your converted time runs out, it will renew at the listed price.

However, the people you invite to share your membership with cannot convert their existing time. Before joining a group, a group member will need to cancel their existing subscriptions or wait for their existing subscriptions to expire.

Once I join, what happens to my current membership? Can I go back to another plan, and how?

You can go back to any Game Pass plan upon your next renewal by cancelling this preview SKU and repurchasing that plan. Your time will not be converted back. The people you invite can leave the group at any time for the duration of this preview.

What’s the difference between this preview and console home sharing?

Xbox home console is an existing feature that allows you to share games and content with other people who sign in to your home console with their profile. However, it’s limited to that device, so friends and family must sign in to the console you identify as your home Xbox to access those benefits.

While Xbox home console applies to only one console (the one you choose to be your home console), this preview allows you to share your membership across multiple devices, and it’s not limited to just one console.

When you share an Xbox Game Pass membership with this Xbox Game Pass - Insider Preview, the primary account holder and up to four additional members each get their own unique access to all Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games, content, and benefits regardless of what device they play on. All the people you invite can play at the same time, even the same game.

The people you invite can play games on any supported devices they sign in to and their individual play history attached to their gamertags carries across all supported devices.

Okay, you’ve convinced me, how much time do I have to enroll in this preview?

Enrollment is limited and will remain open while the offer is available. However, once enrolled, you may share benefits until the program is made publicly available or is officially canceled.

Who can I share my membership with?

You can share your membership with up to four of your friends and family. The people you share your membership with don’t need to be Insiders, but they must reside in the same country as you.

How does the invitation work?

As the primary account holder, on https://account.microsoft.com/services, you’ll be able to manage your membership and:

• Add and remove people you want to share benefits with
    • See who you’re sharing your membership with

Note: If you don’t see the option to share after joining the preview, please sign out and sign back in.

To add people, just expand the Share subscription section and select Start sharing. You’ll have options to Invite someone via email or Create a link to share that you can copy and share with your friend in a different way if you don’t want to use email.

The people you’ve invited can see on https://account.microsoft.com/services that they are getting Ultimate benefits that you shared with them. They can manage and remove themselves at any time through the page as well.

What information can group members see about other group members?

The only information a group member can see is who the primary account holder is. The primary account holder manages who is in the group but cannot see any other account information such as games played.

Are there limits to how many groups I can join? How many people can I invite?

You can only be a member of one group at a time. As the primary account holder, you can invite up to four people at a time with a max of eight people who accept to join your account per year. Your group members can only join a group up to two times per year. This includes leaving and rejoining the same group.

What do the people I invite have to do to join?

The first thing they need is a Microsoft account, so, if they do not have one already, they must create one. With an account, they just need to follow the “Yes, join” button in the email or link that they will receive. From there it’s a straightforward process. They will land on the invite acceptance page, where they must sign in and follow the instructions. Note that they cannot convert any existing subscription time to the group. They can choose to cancel their subscription(s) or wait for the existing subscription to expire.

Is this preview going to become a new Game Pass plan?

See our announcement for details on this plan moving forward.

Can I participate in this flight if I have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription that was purchased with Xbox All Access?

No, due to licensing restrictions, members with Ultimate subscriptions acquired via Xbox All Access should not participate in this preview as primary or secondary members.

Once I join, can I still redeem codes for Game Pass (Ultimate, Console, and PC), Gold, or EA Play?

No. You cannot redeem codes for other Game Pass, Gold, or EA Play subscriptions if you have the Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview plan. You’ll need to redeem the code before joining the preview as a primary account holder or wait for your Xbox Game Pass - Insider Preview subscription to end to redeem the code.

Are there any known issues with this preview?

Known issues will be included in the Xbox Insider Wire announcement and latest Insider Release Notes at https://news.xbox.com/xboxinsider/.

How should I report a problem during this preview?

Option 1: Report a Problem app on console

1. Hold the Xbox button down on your controller.
    2. Select “Report a problem.”
    3. Select “Report new problem.”
    4. Select top-level category: “Dashboard.”
    5. Select subcategory: “Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview” or “Xbox Game Pass.”
    6. Please include “Xbox Game Pass - Insider Preview” in your feedback summary (title).

Option 2: Feedback Hub on PC

1. Launch the Xbox app on PC, which can be found in the Microsoft Store if it’s not already installed.
    2. Sign in to the Xbox app with the same Microsoft account that you used to join the Preview program.
    3. Click on the user icon in the top of the Xbox app and select “Feedback” from the dropdown.
    4. Select “Report a problem” to launch Feedback Hub.
    5. Select “+ Give new feedback.”
    6. Please include “Xbox Game Pass - Insider Preview” in your feedback summary (title) in step 1 and use the default categories (Gaming and Xbox > Xbox App) in step 2.
    submitted by /u/GuruKronos
    [link] [comments]

/u/GuruKronos, Aug 4, 2022
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Deal After Conversion

The benefit extended to the general public is the same that was offered during the Insider preview, in that existing Gold and Game Pass subscriptions were converted 1:1 when upgrading to Game Pass Ultimate. Redemptions of prepaid Gold and Game Pass standard
    codes after the account already has ultimate is also the same, with a reduced ration shown in the FAQ.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox One X OS Version 18363.9133.amd64fre.19h1

Are you in the Insiders preview program? If so, OSU's cant be used.

XBOX Insider FAQ
  4. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Xbox Live Ultimate thoughts?

It's currently limited to those in the Insider program. It started with the Alpha / Skip Ahead rings, and recently expanded to the Beta ring.

https://news.xbox.com/2019/04/16/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-insiders-preview/

https://news.xbox.com/2019/05/09/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-preview-beta/

Edit - It's also only available in certain regions at the moment.
  5. Mahmoud Labib Win User

My library is gone and The games that i own isn't there anymore and gamepass section is broken

6. XBF Brad A Win User

Cannot run, delete or install games on xbox(beta).

Hi Yifan,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend to first report the issue within the insider hub. As this is a Beta there are known issues. One is the storage and saves of games. Here is the

game pass for PC FAQ

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview FAQ

1. Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview FAQ - Similar Threads - Game Pass –

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  7. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  8. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  9. Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee: Hi Does someone have any trial or starter code or just wanna give out a xbox game pass code, i am really strugguling to get money to buy it for the kids i would really appritate if someone could...
  10. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...