Xbox Game Pass Games Stuck on PREPARING

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass Games Stuck on PREPARING in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hello i bought xbox game pass and i have some probloms for some reason when i download a game its stuck on PREPARING here is a screen shot of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MegaHD, Aug 31, 2020.

1. MegaHD
    MegaHD Guest

hello i bought xbox game pass and i have some probloms for some reason when i download a game its stuck on PREPARING

here is a screen shot of the problom
    Xbox Game Pass Games Stuck on PREPARING [​IMG]

:)

MegaHD, Aug 31, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Yiğit Taha Sağlam Win User

Xbox App on Windows 11 doesn't install anything.

In solution 2, i couldnt reinstall Gaming Services. It was stuck on Pending. And when i tried to install a game on Xbox Game Pass, it either shows me the Gaming Services popup or the button never appears because its stuck on "Preparing..."

Update: got some progress. Download started but its at 0bytes/second. It doesnt progress
  3. Colton Cavanaugh Win User

Game Pass Games stuck on "Preparing" *Fixed*

Just an update - I messed around with it for another hour or so and finally got others to install as well. Not sure what the exact solution was in the end, possibly even a combination of the things above.

Thanks anyways!
  4. Jesse E' Win User

PC Game Pass - stuck on preparing / not launching games

Go to Apps & features > Game Services > Additional Options > Repair
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Open task manager and end task on any EA Play things, then try to open ea play desktop again, should take a few minutes to start up, then a downloading screen should appear, after it's done updating you should be able to download and play

Credit - Emanuel-Tyrone
  6. philt6 Win User

This started happening yesterday.

Attempted to download Outriders sat on preparing for over 4 hours. Followed all "fixes" available

• closed all apps
    • repaired gaming services
    • reset gaming services
    • repaired xbox app
    • reset xbox app
    • uninstalled xbox app
    • uninstalled gaming services using powershell command
    • used wsreset on microsoft store
    • refreshed all windows apps
    • reinstalled xbox app which in turn installed gaming services
    At this point the game installed - won't launch

[I followed another guide to reset permissions in storage as this had happened to another user but this did not work]

• reset PC
    Downloaded - won't launch

• Completed full format & reinstall of windows
    • ran all updates
    The game eventually installed - won't launch

Tried to install hitman doesn't move from "preparing 0%"

Tried to install Doom Eternal Doesn't even appear in the library

I feel like I've exhausted all avenues - everything was working absolutely fine not 2 days ago what has caused the issue??
    Try disabling ipv6 in your network settings. It's worked for me. I think that's the same reason why others report VPNs working.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass Games Stuck on PREPARING - Similar Threads - Game Pass Games

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  7. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  8. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  9. Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee: Hi Does someone have any trial or starter code or just wanna give out a xbox game pass code, i am really strugguling to get money to buy it for the kids i would really appritate if someone could...
  10. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamepass app stuck on preparing

2. xbox download preparing

3. xbox game app preparinf to download

4. game pass stuck on preparing