Xbox Game Pass games not available offline?

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass games not available offline? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have seen this question asked many times, but this just affected me today. My system is set to be my Home System. When my Internet goes down,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by David Fofanoff, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Xbox Game Pass games not available offline?

Hello,

I have seen this question asked many times, but this just affected me today. My system is set to be my Home System. When my Internet goes down, any GamePass games - like StarField do not work. Even though I paid for the early release extra premium content. Why is that and how can I keep playing my single player StarField Gamepass +paid content game without Internet?

:)

David Fofanoff, Nov 10, 2023
  2. Robby Sayles Win User

Playing Xbox Game Pass games offline?

Hello There......according to the
    Frequently asked questions section
    on Xbox Games pass, please see below:

(Most games available in the Xbox Game Pass PC Games plan on your Windows 10 device support offline play but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported. Games from the Xbox Game Pass library can be played while the PC is offline,but
    for no more than 30 days before the PC must reconnect to the internet to verify an active subscription.
    Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while
    you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items, will not be available.)

Source : https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-game-pass/games

Happy Gaming,

Robby
  3. bowski477 Win User

Offline play doesn't work with Outer Worlds.

Do you have this game via Game Pass? The game itself does support offline play. On PC I assume you've followed these instructions https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/gaming-on-windows/play-games-offline-windows-10

Most games available in the Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) plan on your Windows 10 device support offline play but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported. Games from the Xbox Game Pass catalog can be played while the PC is offline,
    but for no more than 30 days before the PC must reconnect to the internet to verify an active subscription. Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While
    playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items, will not be available.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/bill...-pass-pc-faq#fbe2e64939f842f2b6b42ce02378c527
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I appreciate the response and I totally understand where you are coming from.

I highly recommend you report it directly to the Microsoft Xbox team in order for them to properly review your suggestions. Kindly check out the detailed instructions using this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

Rest assured that Microsoft greatly appreciates any feedback from their customers on how to improve their overall services.

If you feel the need to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support, you can contact them using the link below:

Chat Support:

> Visit the Xbox Support website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
    > Click on the "Contact Us" button in the right of the screen.
    > Select the issue you need help with and click on the "Next" option.
    > Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    > Follow the prompts to connect to a live chat agent.

For Callback Support:

> Select Xbox One
    > Select See more options then subscription changes
    > Select Show Contact options
    > Select Request a call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives a request for a call from support as a contact option.

If you're unable to contact them, try again at a later time. You may also check these links for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/988332e4-631f-457c-8bc8-210e7a19be37

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ive-chat/b75d470e-8c19-4399-bcc9-e6e0bc2ec2fd

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. David Fofanoff Win User

Thanks for the reply. So I can see this as a huge problem. I can understand if the GamePass service and games on that platform that rely solely on a GamePass subscription verification to work via the Internet do not work, but having a game where there is the GamePass version, but where you have paid for additional content, and it still does not work when offline, means that I have paid for content that I can no longer use if the Internet connection goes down for any reason. In other words, Microsoft is not allowing me access to my paid for content without recourse.

As a customer, why would I want to purchase additional content and licensing for a GamePass game in the future? It seems that I would be better served by purchasing the physical game disk with the additional content from a vendor like GameStop instead of the digital GamePass version.

StarField as a premium day-one title from Microsoft should be a much better experience. I would love to know how Microsoft is going to resolve this issue.
  6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi David! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your StarField game. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the information I've gathered, any games played via the game pass subscription require you to be online.

According to a user who tried the game pass offline method that worked before for setting the account as home Xbox and making sure to go online at least every 30 days to verify the game pass, this no longer works. You may try this step at least connecting your console to the internet for a few minutes then disable the internet and try launching the game to see if it works.

You may also check these links for reference:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePa...n_i_play_gamepass_games_without_any_internet/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/jketso/gamepass_without_internet_access/

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePa...ll_i_be_able_to_play_game_pass_games_offline/

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass games not available offline? - Similar Threads - Game Pass games

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  7. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  8. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  9. Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee: Hi Does someone have any trial or starter code or just wanna give out a xbox game pass code, i am really strugguling to get money to buy it for the kids i would really appritate if someone could...
  10. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...