Xbox Game Pass game wont install on my hard drive

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass game wont install on my hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I am having an issue at the moment where game pass will install content onto my "C" drive which is my SSD (has limited space available), when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sean Clarke1, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Sean Clarke1
    Sean Clarke1 Guest

Hi all,

I am having an issue at the moment where game pass will install content onto my "C" drive which is my SSD (has limited space available), when I go into the install settings to change the install location to my HDD "D" I select "D" drive and then after approximately 5 seconds it reverts back to "C" being the default.

I have tried to install games onto my "D" drive when the prompt comes up after clicking install and it begins to install but before downloading anything comes up with error code 0x80070002.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Xbox app twice, reset my PC, used the gaming services repair tool and repaired the app through settings and nothing is fixing the issue.

It will allow me to install content onto my "C" drive however it is not where I want the games installed.

I have tested on steam and epic games launchers and both can install to "D" drive successfully.

If anyone has a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Sean Clarke1, Oct 16, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: