Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD

Discus and support Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The problem started around 1/2 months. I was not able to download games on my external SSD. When I click on my external SSD when choosing drive to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Satheia, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Satheia
    Satheia Guest

The problem started around 1/2 months. I was not able to download games on my external SSD. When I click on my external SSD when choosing drive to install, the window just disappear, and there will be a notification saying "Installation Error (game name) had an issue installing, click here to go to the game details view." and when I click on the notification, nothing happens. No codes or any reason on what the problem could be. I can still play games that I have previously installed in the external SSD, but I cannot install anything new. Besides, when I go to Settings > Install Options to change the installation location, the option immediately jump back to my internal SSD when I click on the other option. I have done everything the troubleshoot page asked me to try (Reinstalling Xbox and Xbox service / Repair tool for pc / drivers updated). Nothing works.

Also fix this site. I cannot upload any screenshot. "Something went wrong" whenever I try to upload screenshot

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gjh5jj5CSC24PiAL1caRCUKv8XHJD9Jc?usp=sharing

:)

Satheia, Sep 6, 2023
  2. Satheia Win User

My external SSD is already formatted as NTFS. Resetting the app or changing the USB port didn't help as well.
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with installing games on your external SSD using Xbox Game Pass. Based on the information you've provided, it seems like you've already tried some troubleshooting steps. However, I have a few more suggestions that you can try:

1. Check if your external SSD is formatted correctly. It should be formatted as NTFS or exFAT. If it's not, you may need to reformat it.

2. Try using a different USB port on your computer to connect your external SSD.

3. Make sure that your external SSD has enough space to install the game you're trying to download.

4. Try resetting the Xbox app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox > Advanced options > Reset.

Regarding the issue with uploading screenshots. It's possible that there may be a temporary issue with the site. You can try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that helps.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  4. Leonard_Y Win User

Hello

We haven't heard back from you for 72 hours, so we assume your issue has been resolved. We will not monitor this thread in the future, so if you need more help, double-click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

respectfully

Leonardo_Y
  5. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

I appreciate the time and effort you spent on replying to my message/

I regret knowing that the issue persist. Have you tried connecting the SSD to a different device to see if it's recognized? If it is, then the issue may be with your Xbox. If it's not recognized on other devices, then the issue may be with the SSD itself.

You may also want to try updating the firmware on your SSD or contacting the manufacturer for further assistance.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  6. MateusFontana Win User

Microsoft flight simulator cant play it

I see, remember new generation games can only be installed on the console's internal SSD, it cannot run on an external hard drive.
Thema:

1. Xbox game pass cannot install game on external SSD - Similar Threads - game pass cannot

2. I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child: Hello everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with a Game Pass Ultimate issue on our family Xbox One console. Here's the situation: I have an Xbox One with my main...
  3. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Hi, I'm from Turkey. Have got games pass for pc but can't see Starfield on the list hence not able to download it. Could you help me please? 074664e4-709e-4bf6-b14a-da92459740b6
  4. XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME.: [img] I have been trying to get into a game for about 1 hour but the start game button stays gray, switched browsers multiple times, signed in and out of the account multiple times, Disabled all...
  5. I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install any games on pc game pass and when I try to install it just says error...: I have already tried antivirus uninstalling, reinstalling game services, and updating my device but nothing works. 10a3f9bd-51f8-411b-9332-8b1e635cac9a
  6. cannot use game pass ultimate cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot use game pass ultimate cloud gaming: hi, my son wants to play a cloud based game, but his account won't allow it, it pops up and says he has to pay for gamepass ultimate. however, my account has gamepass ultimate, and up until this...
  7. i cannot get rewards points for game pass quests

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cannot get rewards points for game pass quests: when i complete a game pass quest and try to turn it in for the points, i get 'try again later' since i joined in september, i have submitted 2 support tickets but they demand a screenshot and...
  8. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Why is the game missing from the store. 436cdc95-ddd4-427f-a0dc-3a542f037032
  9. XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME PASS NOT WORKING. PLAY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT, CANNOT CLOUD GAME: Hello, My xbox game pass is not able to cloud stream to my apple device. I have game pass ultimate and live in the Belgium and I have a iphone 12. It worked like a six hours before and now my play...
  10. Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass: I'm trying to sign up for XBOX game pass, but I can't change the country/region when doing so. I'm not in the US, and Game pass is available in Norway. The drop-down menu to change the...