Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] As I described on this question title, the app seems to be stuck on "checking updates". I have already tried everything in this list: 1) Login... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Otavio_360, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Otavio_360
    Otavio_360 Guest

Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...

Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the... [​IMG]
    As I described on this question title, the app seems to be stuck on "checking updates".

I have already tried everything in this list:
    1) Login with same account on Store and Xbox App, make sure date, time, time zone and region are correct

2) If installing from Xbox App try installing the it from Microsoft Store library, if using store then try installing game from Xbox App

3) Run this powershell command Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

4) Delete Microsoft Store Local Cache Files C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

5) Repair/reset Xbox App/Store

6) Update Xbox App/Store from store library

7) Install Xbox identity provider and Gaming services https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqa0hTU3JqTk91TFRjSVB2c2tNUVl3OVBJZjFFUXxBQ3Jtc0tsbEMzMFlhZ21pV01nUlhjOFp3VkdacWZuejZ3SFlGblBwbzQ3Q0FOd2pUcC1WNEw2clIyaENWSUJydlQ4akZYbkRZaTlUYkc3QVNCMG5welhZZW9UVU1DVjFmSWZfWEZlTVpZUWRCRmtyM3BLWGllUQ&q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fp%2Fxbox-identity-provider%2F9wzdncrd1hkw%3Frtc%3D1%26activetab%3Dpivot%3Aoverviewtab&v=cYnvFyA_YJA Uninstall remains of gaming service get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers Install Gaming service: start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

8) Start all these services IP Helper Xbox Live Auth Manager Xbox Live Game Save Xbox Live Networking Service Gaming services Windows Update Microsoft install service

9) Update Windows

10) Run WSRESET command

11) Uninstall and reinstall Xbox App/Store Get-AppxPackage -allusers WindowsStore | Remove-AppxPackage Reboot your computer Get-AppxPackage -allusers WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

12) Run inetcpl.cpl command

13) Downloaded and used a "Beta" version of the app using the Xbox Insider Hub

14) Tried to download Minecraft dungeons from the Minecraft Launcher

15) Tried to download or Update apps from the store (failed)
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

And a lot more.

I have been trying to solve this problem for Days. And am thinking about making a clean Install.

Is there any way for this to stop?

Observation: Neither the Gaming Services, or The Xbox App are using any CPU while they "check for Updates"

:)

Otavio_360, Apr 25, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the download of games

Hello Otavio_360,

You're welcome. Thanks for the update!

We are pleased to know that everything is up and running now.

We are tracking few threads with similar issue that you encounter, and one has mentioned that restoring corrupted files has resolved their issue. In that case, there could be an update or restoring of corrupt files that happened that help you and others fix the issue.

We also have specific steps for issues on Xbox App for Windows for your future reference - Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support.

Have a great day and do not hesitate to reach out for support in the future.

Regards,

Kathy A,
  3. Otavio_360 Win User

Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the download of games

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Otavio_360,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

We appreciate you have listed all the troubleshooting you have performed and raising your concern to us. Before you consider performing clean install, may we ask for you to gather the details below and send a bug report to Team Xbox for further investigation. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

To properly isolate your concern, we will be asking some questions. Please provide details/information for us to give more accurate resolution for you.

1. May we know the versions of the following apps? All the versions can be found on Xbox app > Settings > About
      • Xbox app
      • Xbox Game Bar
      • Gaming Services
    2. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
    3. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
    4. Do you have these apps on your computer, game mods, game add-ons, antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer? Were these apps installed before the issue of installation on games for Xbox app happen? Or even you have not yet experienced an issue installing games on Xbox app, are these apps already installed?

To report a bug to the Team Xbox, please follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon
    2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu
    3. Select “Report a problem”
    4. Click Give new feedback
    5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary
      • Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.
    6. Category should automatically be selected.
    7. In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.
    8. Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Lavenia A. Win User

Unable to cancel a download and install

6. filip stein Win User

Xbox PC App stuck on checking for updates, can't download, cancel or pause installations.

After Windows installation after 2 hours i have no downloads in progress or pending and the problem is still there.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the... - Similar Threads - Game Pass App

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. Game pass app not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass app not working: For some reason the layout of my Xbox gamepass app is different than the other ones I see. My one profile icon is on the bottom right and others is on the bottom middle. I don’t know why this is...
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  5. xbox game pass app not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game pass app not working: I have xbox game pas for PC subscription and app is not launching since yesterday (11.02.2024), before that it worked fine. I reinstalled it, relaunched multiple times and all I get is a static...
  6. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  7. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  8. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  9. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  10. Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?: Is there any way cloud gaming is integrated into the game pass app for iOs for all the listed games?, tried playing certain games on the app using a backbone controller but it asks to install the...