Xbox Game Pass - App is detecting that my second HDD exists but will not let me install to it

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass - App is detecting that my second HDD exists but will not let me install to it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning, I've been trying to install Age of Empires 4 using Game Pass but it will not let me install to my second (much larger) HDD. I've seen... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WRAITH104, Jan 9, 2022.

1. WRAITH104
    WRAITH104 Guest

Xbox Game Pass - App is detecting that my second HDD exists but will not let me install to it

Good morning,

I've been trying to install Age of Empires 4 using Game Pass but it will not let me install to my second (much larger) HDD. I've seen other threads where the Xbox App fails to recognise that a second HDD exists but that is not the issue in my case. As the images below indicate, I can go into the App settings and set it so that my default install location is my second HDD. However, even if I change the default install location, whenever I go to try and install a game it will revert back to trying to install to my SSD and will not give me the option of trying to install to my HDD. The same thing occurs trying to install any game. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the App but it has not worked. If anyone has any solutions I would be very grateful

Thank you very much.

Xbox Game Pass - App is detecting that my second HDD exists but will not let me install to it [​IMG]

Xbox Game Pass - App is detecting that my second HDD exists but will not let me install to it [​IMG]

:)

WRAITH104, Jan 9, 2022
  2. WRAITH104 Win User

Good afternoon Jesse,

Neither of those fixes worked unfortunately. Anything else I can do?
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Let's create a new profile on your PC and see if the issue is the same on there.

- Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.)

- Select Add someone else to this PC.

- Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.

- Enter a user name, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select Next. Create another account Change a local user account to an administrator account

* Select Start >Settings > Accounts , and then, under Family & other users, select the account owner name, then select Change account type.

* Under Account type, select Administrator, and then select OK.

* Sign in with the new administrator account.
  4. ngocphi Win User

That's because you can only have one encrypted folder not two

You have to reinstall or go thru the power she'll proccess to move the folder to a new one and you have to move the older folder into the new one

And no I donno the walkthru I'm sure someone will be along to tell ya
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Please try the following:

Step 1

- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter

- If you can't see troubleshooters, click the Additional troubleshooters option on the right

- Here, find Windows update section

- Click Run the troubleshooter and wait till the process is finished.

Step 2

- Type Services in Windows search and hit Enter

- In the new Windows, scroll down till you find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

- If the service is running, right-click and select Restart

- If not, right-click and select Start

- Do the same with Windows Update service.

Step 3

Press Win + REnter the following and hit Enter:

regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s

Open the Run dialog again and run the following command:

regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s

Step 4

For this fix to work, you would have to find another Windows 10 machine of the same version (Home/Pro/Enterprise). If you have access to such a machine, do the following:

- Access another computerType regedit in Windows search and press Enter

- If User Account Control shows up, click YesNavigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TrustedInstaller

- Right-click on the branch and select Export

- Choose the location, name the file trustedinstaller and click Save

- Transfer the file to your computer

- Once the file is on your desktop, double-click the trustedinstaller.reg to merge it with your own registry

- Restart the PC and try updating Windows again.

Step 5

If none of the above helps, you can repair your Windows installation without losing files or installed apps. Here's how to do it:

- Go to the official Microsoft website and download installation files

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...(press Download tool now)

- Once downloaded, double-click the setup.exe

- Accept License and Terms, select Upgrade this PC now, and click Next

- After the necessary files are downloaded, choose Keep personal files and apps

- Click Install (make sure that all apps are closed and not running before doing this)

- Your PC will restart and installation finished
  6. WRAITH104 Win User

Hi Jesse,

Sorry, I appreciate the assistance but this is not a suitable solution for me. First, to be clear, it is not a portable HDD; it is a second HDD in my PC tower. Second, I use that HDD for Steam, Origin and assorted other files. I do not have to hand a portable HDD on which to back up more than 1TB of files. Formatting my HDD will wipe it - surely there is an easier way to get the Xbox App to work properly.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass - App is detecting that my second HDD exists but will not let me install to it - Similar Threads - Game Pass App

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. Game pass app not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass app not working: For some reason the layout of my Xbox gamepass app is different than the other ones I see. My one profile icon is on the bottom right and others is on the bottom middle. I don’t know why this is...
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  5. xbox game pass app not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game pass app not working: I have xbox game pas for PC subscription and app is not launching since yesterday (11.02.2024), before that it worked fine. I reinstalled it, relaunched multiple times and all I get is a static...
  6. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  7. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  8. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  9. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  10. Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?: Is there any way cloud gaming is integrated into the game pass app for iOs for all the listed games?, tried playing certain games on the app using a backbone controller but it asks to install the...