xbox game pass (0xc0000096) game locked in

Discus and support xbox game pass (0xc0000096) game locked in in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am getting error (0xc0000096) when opening the ck3 game on Xbox game pass. Can you help me pls. [img] c3791e25-d416-46b3-83b5-6feeb9b7ed35 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Beratmumcu, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Beratmumcu
    Beratmumcu Guest

Hello, I am getting error (0xc0000096) when opening the ck3 game on Xbox game pass. Can you help me pls.
    xbox game pass (0xc0000096) game locked in [​IMG]

:)

Beratmumcu, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi again Beratmumcu, I'm sorry to read that the issue persist.

After doing some research, it seems that some players who had the same issue resolved it by uninstalling certain Windows updates, as these updates appear to be causing the problem.

Go to Settings > Windows Update > Update History > Uninstall updates.

The updates that seem to be causing this issue are:

- KB5031354
    - KB5030310
    - KB5031356

I recommend uninstalling them, restarting your PC, and checking if the issue is resolved that way.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Beratmumcu Win User

It only happens in Crusader King 3
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

It seems strange that the issue persists.

Just to confirm, does this only happen with that specific game, or does it occur with other games as well? This would help us isolate the problem.
  5. Beratmumcu Win User

It didn't work again :(
  6. Beratmumcu Win User

Hi, These updates do not appear in my history and cannot be deleted. I also tried using cmd but it cannot be deleted.
Thema:

1. xbox game pass (0xc0000096) game locked in - Similar Threads - game pass 0xc0000096

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I get call of duty black ops 6 on its own with game pass without getting call of duty hq: I have got Xbox game pass ultimate and I want to download call of duty black ops 6 when it releases can I get it on game pass on its own without getting call of duty hq is there anyway when black...
  7. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  8. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  9. Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass consoleeeeeeeeeee: Hi Does someone have any trial or starter code or just wanna give out a xbox game pass code, i am really strugguling to get money to buy it for the kids i would really appritate if someone could...
  10. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...