Xbox Game DVR Recording (Windows 10)

Discus and support Xbox Game DVR Recording (Windows 10) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Well not sure if this will get any attention, or any feedback/responses, my issue here relies in when I try to use Xbox Game DVR for games I'm playing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Crimson Eclipze, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Xbox Game DVR Recording (Windows 10)

Well not sure if this will get any attention, or any feedback/responses, my issue here relies in when I try to use Xbox Game DVR for games I'm playing on PC, and with this it's about a 50/50 shot on it actually working, when it works, it works great, otherwise,
    you'll either get a black screen for a minute, or be left with a recording stuck on one frame of video, with all the audio in the background, this is disheartening, seeing as I've had a ton of great moments, that I wish I could've recorded and saved, but rather
    than that, it just presents me with the before listed results, is there any workaround to this, or any fixes I might need to try? Also, I don't back out of the game while recording, that isn't the issue here, thanks for reading, and thanks for your time and
    support

:)

Crimson Eclipze, Sep 23, 2018
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Does anyone know how to edit video and put it back on your xbox one?

From the Game DVR screen within the Xbox app, you can access and edit all game clips recorded on Windows 10, as well as clips shared from your Xbox One. Editing in the Xbox app is restricted to Trim at this time. For more info:

support.xbox.com/.../edit-recording-game-dvr-windows-10

M3tal Daz3, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    DVR isn't picking up audio input from my microphone

Hey LEIGHTON LEGEND,

Windows 10 Xbox DVR will record the game audio, but it does not record input voices or external audio. There is a setting to enable audio with Game DVR, but that setting is for enabling game audio. This page outlines all information on how to

Record game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10

If you'd like to give some feedback for future updates definitely head over to Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice.

Mister Maka, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Julian_
    Julian_ Guest

Hi! I know that some Steam games disable this feature in order to prevent any performance hiccups from happening. So if you experience this issue only with certain titles, try searching online for information in order to find out if Windows 10 Game DVR
    was disabled for these titles.

Julian_, Sep 24, 2018
  5. Thank you for your response, unfortunately, the issue relies in games I know can run Game DVR just fine, and like I stated it works 50/50, let say example, Rainbow Six Siege, I record only for it to record a black screen with nothing and just audio, or
    it works and records the whole prior minute and works just fine, is in not guaranteed to record? Or is it just a chance it may or may not? To this, I'm not sure, but thanks for your consideration either way, still open to responses

Crimson Eclipze, Sep 24, 2018
  6. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest
    Hiya, Crimson Eclipze!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like the Game DVR function isn't working 100% of the time. I recommend that we try to troubleshoot the application/DVR Feature. Here is a link on

Troubleshooting Xbox Game DVR
    . I hope you find this information helpful in resolving the issue.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team

XBF Paul M, Sep 24, 2018
  7. Alright, it took me a while to respond, sorry for that, but I've went on to see if the issue persisted and it did, thank you for taking the time to respond but all the troubleshooting options aren't really what I'm seeing any issue/aren't offering much of any
    solution to what is happening, I know the games I'm trying to record work with recording, because half the time it records it in full, audio in all, everything works fine, but other times, it just a black screen with audio in the background, is it just as
    simple as taking a 50/50 shot on it working? Or is it something on my end I'm missing, in this, I still don't get it, but anyway thanks in advance for any further responses, just want to see this issue be resolved

Crimson Eclipze, Oct 1, 2018
  8. Vannec
    Vannec Guest

Hey Crimson,

I've experienced issues like this in the past and it usually has something to do with a background program. See if there's anything in particular that you have running when it's working compared to when it's not working. Also, alt-tabbing can cause some
    inconsistencies with some games. Think back to when it didn't work, did you alt-tab that session prior to recording?

Hope this helps!

Vannec, Oct 2, 2018
  9. Yeah actually, I think that's the issue there, I do alt tab but not during the recording, let's say I play for 2 hours I would alt + tab out to reply to a message on discord or look up something and an hour later I would record a clip, guess that's what
    it is then, thanks, but is there any work around other than having to reset my game completely when I alt + tab because usually I have to do that during a game session, if not, that's fine, just looking for any answer with that

Crimson Eclipze, Oct 3, 2018
  10. Vannec
    Vannec Guest
    If you're running the game in fullscreen mode, switching to windowed/borderless windowed mode may help. If it's a steam game, I would also recommend turning off their overlay.

Hopefully it's as simple as that, but of course, there are so many variables it may take some trial and error.

Vannec, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: