xbox game download taking really long and keeps stopping

Discus and support xbox game download taking really long and keeps stopping in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i got an xbox 2 days ago to play only rdr2. this is the first console i've ever had (an xbox one s) so im kinda clueless about this. i followed the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by paraluca, Nov 23, 2023.

1. paraluca
    paraluca Guest

i got an xbox 2 days ago to play only rdr2. this is the first console i've ever had (an xbox one s) so im kinda clueless about this. i followed the instructions, set up the xbox, and inserted disc 1. it downloads VERY slowly and pauses every 2 minutes or so. i put in disc 2 before it prompted me to do so, and disc 2 installed fairly quickly. it downloded all of disc 2 and then told me to put in disc 1 to continue the installation and i did, but disc 1 is still slow and still keeps pausing. i've tried hard resetting it, i've tried downloading it on offline mode, i've tried cleaning the disc and re-inserting it, and nothing works. it's now just stuck at 65% downloaded and won't move. the xbox and game were both pre-owned (if this is important) and the game was suspiciously cheap, so maybe the disc is the problem? im thinking about just returning the disc and buying rdr2 from the microsoft store, but im not sure if that will fix it or if it'll just be a waste of money. any ideas on how to get the game to download faster?

:)

paraluca, Nov 23, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Paraluca, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems downloading the game on your Xbox One S.

Make sure your Xbox One S is connected to the Internet stably and quickly. You can try restarting your router and making sure there are no other devices consuming too much bandwidth on your network. If possible, try connecting your Xbox directly to the router using an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi for a more reliable connection.

Sometimes download speed issues can be caused by issues on the Xbox Live servers. Visit the Xbox Status website
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status
    to check if there are any known issues with Xbox Live services that could affect download speeds.

Clear your Xbox cache Try clearing your Xbox One S cache to remove any temporary data that may be affecting the download. You can do it by following these steps:

Completely turn off your Xbox One S.
    Disconnect the power cable from the back of the console.
    Wait at least 10 seconds and then reconnect the power cord.
    Turn on your Xbox One S and see if the download improves.

If the game is used and the disc looks suspicious, there may be a problem with the disc itself. Check for significant lightning strikes or damage to the nightclub. You can also try gently wiping the disc with a microfiber cloth to remove any dirt or fingerprints that may affect reading.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. BiOHAZARD 901 Win User

Thinking of buying Xbox 360

Are those download times for you using a Xbox 360? If so that's really long.. Mine dont ever take that long.
  4. thrasher585 Win User

Xbox 360 Stuck on Dashboard Loading Screen

I deleted the profile as you suggested. Now I'm attempting to download the profile. How long should the download process take? The loading bar stopped on "Downloading your game info" for at least two hours. I tried cancelling the download and restarting
    it, but the loading bar is still stopping on the same spot. Is something wrong or is it supposed to be this slow?
  5. OutrunRaccoon Win User

Downloading games taking a long time

I've been having the same problem trying to download fifa 14 :-( thinking of taking xbox back and getting ps4 !
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Downloading games taking a long time

Call of Duty Ghosts is a very large download on Xbox One. The game weighs in at 39GB, which is about 5X the size of the average Xbox 360 game. How long it will take is almost entirely dependant on your broadband connection speed. My connection is 120Mb/s
    and the game took 2 hours to complete.

I will be happy to help anyone determine the time it will take to download this game and any other Xbox One game. All I need you to do is a speed test (from a PC) at
    www.speedtest.net and post your results.

Thank you.
Thema:

1. xbox game download taking really long and keeps stopping - Similar Threads - game download taking

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. Games take hours to START downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games take hours to START downloading: Hi, I have an Xbox Series One and a brand new Series X and both exhibit the same issue. When you click to download a game, they can take an hour or so to show up in the Download Queue. They can...
  5. Games take hours to START downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games take hours to START downloading: Hi, I have an Xbox Series One and a brand new Series X and both exhibit the same issue. When you click to download a game, they can take an hour or so to show up in the Download Queue. They can...
  6. why are my games on the xbox PC app taking so long to download. Its not my internet either

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why are my games on the xbox PC app taking so long to download. Its not my internet either: My game is downloading at like 7.7mb/s how do i increase it a593b27e-d09e-49a2-9464-66ab57a6b0c9
  7. Owned games, ie Rocket League, Sea Of Thieves, FIFA.. all taking 11hrs + to download. Is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Owned games, ie Rocket League, Sea Of Thieves, FIFA.. all taking 11hrs + to download. Is...: Hi, I have an XBOX one series S digital… a few years old, following factory reset (all) I am trying to download owned games and each are minimum of 11 hrs. Is this normal? This is following...
  8. Can 'It Takes Two' game's friend pass be shared if it is downloaded using xbox game pass?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can 'It Takes Two' game's friend pass be shared if it is downloaded using xbox game pass?: I play on Xbox and have an Xbox game pass ultimate subscription. I downloaded the game 'It Takes Two', which is available on Xbox game pass and I want to share the game using 'friend pass' with...
  9. Files still take up hard drive space when I cancel a download with Xbox Game Pass on my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Files still take up hard drive space when I cancel a download with Xbox Game Pass on my PC: So I was going to download Forza game on my PC on Xbox Game Pass, but then decided I didn't want to play it after all, so I cancelled the download, and I noticed that I didn't get my harddrive...
  10. Why does it take so long to Download a single game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it take so long to Download a single game?: I have a 24mbps down connection and I had my Xbox one set up at 11am. I am still downloading the Assassin Creed games and I have not even began to download Halo The Master Chief Collection. At...