Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!

Discus and support Xbox game disks not being read, help!!! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; (Xbox one) o I recently have purchased gta 5 and ea fc 24, yet when I insert the disk, the Xbox doesn’t even read them, it won’t even load the game or... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Photonbeeofficial, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!

(Xbox one) o I recently have purchased gta 5 and ea fc 24, yet when I insert the disk, the Xbox doesn’t even read them, it won’t even load the game or give the option to install, and when I load other disks nothing really happens either, please help me

submitted by /u/Photonbeeofficial
    [link] [comments]

/u/Photonbeeofficial, Jan 10, 2024
  2. Toxic Raven Win User

Disc spins when playing installed game from memory

The disk is spinning because its being read. Your Xbox is verifying the disk. The game is not playing from the disk itself. Once the game starts up it will play from wherever you have installed it (hard drive/USB).
  3. HUD1EHUDS0N Win User

Unrecognised disc?

This happened with 2 CoD4 disks. My xbox now reads both disks as DVDs instead of xbox game disks. One after being matchmade into a modded lobby (one of hundreds rampant in MP), one after a game crash in single player
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox disc reading problem

Hi Bandit,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues with your disks being read. Here is a guide to go over for

disk read issues
    . Let us know how it turns out!

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Is the disk install progress accurate?

Where are you reading this information? How are the games being installed (disk/digital)?

Games installations should be the same size by the end, assuming both Xboxes are doing fresh installs.
  6. ClausReich Win User

After moving my videos folder to my (D:) drive, the Xbox Game Bar is lagging heavily

Hello Username34! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

If you are capturing games constantly on the Xbox Game Bar, and then you changed the folder to where the Game Bar records to, and that disk on which your captures are being saved to is a slow drive (mechanical hard drive), or your game is also installed on that disk, then there's a chance that the game and the captures being read and saved, respectively, might be overloading your drive and then making everything slow.

Possibly changing it back to the C: drive will improve performance.
Thema:

Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!

1. Xbox game disks not being read, help!!! - Similar Threads - game disks being

2. Xbox One wont install disk games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wont install disk games.: When I try to install a game to my xbox one using a disk it always says installation failed when it reaches around 5 percent, I have tried with multiple disks and none work, some download more...
  3. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  4. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...: My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works properly any help is appreciated thanks I’m...
  5. Can I play guitar hero live on Xbox series x with the Xbox one game disk and guitars?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play guitar hero live on Xbox series x with the Xbox one game disk and guitars?: I got guitar hero live with 2 guitars and game disk for my Xbox series x but I am concerned the game will not run. Will it work with the Xbox one disk on Xbox series x?...
  6. I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying...: I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying installation stopped iv tried everything nothing is working can anyone help? 50124780-c8bd-44b4-8f61-13797324325c
  7. Missing Disk (FALLOUT 4: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Disk (FALLOUT 4: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION): Missing disk What can I Do to get a digital copy of Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition Who do I contact for help? b64725c9-31d8-48e9-97b0-115936b0bba9
  8. Flight Simulator 2020 keeps requesting game disk to be inserted, but I have digital ownership.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator 2020 keeps requesting game disk to be inserted, but I have digital ownership.: I bought Flight Simulator 2020 at the end of April and although it took 6 days to download, I did install the digital ownership once it finally completed. However, almost 100% of the time it tells...
  9. Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?: So thats one of the three errors I get. Dark Souls is the game I'm having the issue with. Another one is The Game Couldn't start, Try Downloading the game again. But the game isn't showing up on...
  10. Can DR3 or any disk game be played offline?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can DR3 or any disk game be played offline?: Howdy all, Not sure if this is a issue or not, but it's in regard to offline. A friend of mine asked if this game could be played offline, as they was considering buying a X1 + DR3. I decided to...