Xbox game chat (Halo Infinite) not coming through on OBS

Discus and support Xbox game chat (Halo Infinite) not coming through on OBS in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I stream on twitch and am having an issue with xbox game chat not coming through on OBS. I am trying to separate my audio tracks so I don't get... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Carson Lutz, May 7, 2023.

1. Carson Lutz
    Carson Lutz Guest

Hello,

I stream on twitch and am having an issue with xbox game chat not coming through on OBS. I am trying to separate my audio tracks so I don't get muted parts of my VOD on twitch when I play music. For some reason, EVERYTHING else on my PC comes through the separate audio channel EXCEPT game chat in Halo Infinite. The same issue occurs with Xbox party chat. It's as if OBS does not recognize it as audio. Game audio is fine, discord is fine, alerts are fine, but anything involving gamebar is completely muted. It's as if it doesn't exist.

Things I've tried:

Manually capturing audio for GameBar.exe

Ensuring all of my devices are going to the correct input and output on both GameBar and also in my system sound settings

:)

Carson Lutz, May 7, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Carson Lutz,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that the issue you are describing here are related to in-game and application specific issue and is best address to the game and app developer support team. We will help you how to get there.

You can reach the game developer support team by submitting a ticket through the link below. You may also reach out to OBS studio support team to get more relevant information. Prior to contacting the respective support, you can try updating the app from the Microsoft Store. Search the app from Microsoft store and install updates.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Zenosos Win User

Audio capture

the only way this would be possible is one of two solutions you connect your party through the Xbox app on your pc and talk through the pc on either Xbox party or discord voice chat. There is no way of doing it any other way, however. due to the party
    chat being on a different channel on the Xbox to the audio of the game on the Xbox. Or you can stream through the Xbox to pick up the party chat this way but you won't be able to use Obs.
  5. JosephAnand Win User

Halo Infinite issue - Can't connect to online servers (Game pass)

Hello Georges,

Most of us are playing through Xbox Cloud Gaming. It worked just fine until this past fall. Halo 5 and the Master Chief Collection, as well as all other games I play through the cloud, are unaffected. It is just Halo Infinite.
  6. СергейМоло Win User

Help halo infinite

But I played other games through game pass, the problem is only with the entrance to halo infinite
Thema:

1. Xbox game chat (Halo Infinite) not coming through on OBS - Similar Threads - game chat Halo

2. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  5. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  6. Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get game chat audio into obs?: Im a new streamer. I got a generic capture card from amazon and a chat link splitter. I get, video capture, and game audio capture but not game chat audio. I have tried everything to get even just...
  7. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  9. How to get game chat to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get game chat to work: When I plug in my headset to my controller and try to talk on game chat it DOSENT work but when I unplug the head set I can here game chat thru the tv I’ve tried on 2 different controllers and 2...
  10. Who will be using In-Game Chat in Halo: The Master Chief Collection?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Who will be using In-Game Chat in Halo: The Master Chief Collection?: I miss the good old days of Halo 2 In-Game Chat so I'm just wondering who will be using it? I had a lot of fun In-Game Chats with random people online. 7ced87a4-7c1c-42f3-9d76-1939135b3d1b