Xbox Game Bar won't allow me using microphone for confidentiality reasons

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar won't allow me using microphone for confidentiality reasons in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I press Win + G, the Xbox Game Bar shows itself and I can record my game, but when I click on the mic icon to turn it on, it says that my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Wabex Howdy, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Wabex Howdy
    Wabex Howdy Guest

When I press Win + G, the Xbox Game Bar shows itself and I can record my game, but when I click on the mic icon to turn it on, it says that my confidentiality settings blocks my mic. However, I allowed all apps to use my mic and
    even reset the Xbox game Bar.

Xbox Game Bar won't allow me using microphone for confidentiality reasons [​IMG]

-- allow access to mic on this device --) activated

-- allow apps to access your microphone --) activated

Xbox Game Bar won't allow me using microphone for confidentiality reasons [​IMG]

-- All apps here have access to mic

I tried pretty much everything I knew to fix that problem, with no success. If someone knows how to solve it or can tell me something I didn't tried, please answer.

:)

Wabex Howdy, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Vivian Dsena Win User

Party Chat Trouble Exclamation Point Triangle

1. Open the Xbox Game Bar and navigate to its settings: Check the microphone settings within the Game Bar to ensure it's using the correct microphone and that the microphone access is allowed both in-game and while the Game Bar is running in the background.
    2. Background App Permissions: Your computer might have certain settings that prevent apps from running in the background or accessing the microphone when they're not in focus. Check your system's privacy settings to ensure that background apps have the necessary permissions.
    Best Regards by:

Funny Names
  3. JcTrickY Win User

beta app issue : microphone not working

I find the issie with my microphone it was a configuration in confidentiality setting was blocking my microphone
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox Game Bar Won't Let Me Use My Microphone.

Hi there Lawyer welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest uninstalling the app completely! Everytime that it tried to give me a hard time I do this and it works wonders! Here are the steps!

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/remo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  5. Prakhar_Khare Win User

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator
  6. TNYT Astra Win User

Trying to record something, but Xbox Game Bar refuses to work. (PC)

I already know that's not the reason. I said that the reason was that in Settings>Gaming>Game bar, the option stating
    'Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar' will
    NOT SAVE and therefore will NOT allow me to use the game bar for any reason.
    Not to be rude, but could you actually read it this time?
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar won't allow me using microphone for confidentiality reasons - Similar Threads - Game Bar won't

2. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  3. xbox game bar won't work unless always open

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game bar won't work unless always open: So I jsut got windows 11 and my xbox game bar won't work unless it's open, any ideas? submitted by /u/Just_A_Guy_In_Here [link] [comments]
  4. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  5. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  6. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  7. Game Bar won't let me record any program but games

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar won't let me record any program but games: It won't let me post a screenshot, but I get that error message "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or file explorer", I'm not trying to record my desktop or anything, I'm...
  8. My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...: It only started happening a week or two ago, but I used to be able to join parties on my game bar just fine. Now every time I try to join a party with my console friends I join to an entirely...
  9. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  10. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: Split from this thread. i have the same issue trying an update f3db7fc0-a921-47a5-8357-b9bc27260bcc