Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer

Discus and support Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The subject says it all, I read the may update for windows was trash and deleted peoples files so i stopped all updates until mid june then i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DannyT95, Jul 7, 2020.

1. DannyT95
    DannyT95 Guest

Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer

The subject says it all, I read the may update for windows was trash and deleted peoples files so i stopped all updates until mid june then i accidentally updated , 3 days later I notice whenever I try to take clips of games using the game bar they would
    show up as black, as i was trying to sort this issue i noticed that all of my clips were gone ( the ones saved to MY PC too) searched everywhere on C and D drive and they are literally non existant completely gone not even in a bin or anything. now once a
    week my clips get deleted, while trying to sort this out and trying to find the files i noticed that not only was it deleting game clips but I was also missing all the videos and pictures i transfered over from an old cellphone WHICH I REQUIRE FOR A COURT
    CASE RIGHT NOW

so basically im wondering why windows is acting as if it was malware and deleting my files, this all seems to be tied to game bar hence why im here just got back into PC gaming after a few years so its not like im completely computer illiterate I know what
    im doing here and this is messed right up.. any help would be appreciated.. no restore point or id try to restore my computer back to an earlier date..

if I go into my xbox companion app ( which allows you to edit your clips ect) to view my clips it literally shows 10 second clips of netflix shows I pass out watching every night ? so literally once im asleep my computer takes clips of netflix? makes no
    sense at all....

also the new microsoft edge is broken and has 5 copies open and running on my computer that dont even show up in my processes and now theres two icons for it on my computer? seems to me anytime theres an update more and more of my files get deleted.

:)

DannyT95, Jul 7, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: