Xbox Game Bar stops recieving my voice when I click away from Overlay

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar stops recieving my voice when I click away from Overlay in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the past few days I've been having this problem with my game bar. I will hit Win+G to open game bar and join my friends party. As soon as I join... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tylerish Floyd, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Xbox Game Bar stops recieving my voice when I click away from Overlay

For the past few days I've been having this problem with my game bar. I will hit Win+G to open game bar and join my friends party. As soon as I join (while the Gamebar Overlay is still on screen) my friends can hear me. As soon as I click on any game the overlay automatically goes away and my friends cant hear me, keep in mind that I still hear them but its like as soon as I click away to do anything else my friends cant hear me.

Ive tried:

• Terminating Game Bar
    • Restarting Game Bar
    • Repairing Game Bar
    • I've checked Audio output and Input
    • Uninstalled and Reinstalled audio and Mic drivers
    • Watched multiple Youtube videos

Every other game and app that involves a mic doesnt give me this problem, Its only the xbox game bar. I would keep the overlay open but I cant leave the Game bar overlay on my second moniter and click on anything else because the overlay closes and my friends wont hear me anymore.

I've completely given up. Please comment with solutions!

:)

Tylerish Floyd, Dec 4, 2023
  2. wildkidscraz Win User

Im having the same problem as well did you ever find a way to fix it
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello wildkidscraz & Simon156,

Thank you for responding and I’m sorry to hear that the previous steps didn’t work. Here are some additional steps you can try:

- Make sure that your microphone is set as the default input device in Windows Settings > System > Sound > Input.

You can also test your microphone there and adjust the volume level if needed.

- Check if there are any updates available for the Xbox Game Bar app in Microsoft Store.

Sometimes, updating the app can resolve some issues or improve compatibility.

- If the issue persists, you can try resetting the Xbox Game Bar app in Windows Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox Game Bar > Advanced options > Reset. This will delete the app's data and restore it to its default settings, so you may need to sign in again and adjust your preferences afterwards.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11. If you need further assistance, please let us know and we will do our best to help.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. wildkidscraz Win User

These still hasnt helped me
  5. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Tylerish,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with Xbox Game Bar not receiving your voice. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that your microphone settings may be causing the problem. Sometimes, the microphone can be set to only work when the Game Bar overlay is active, which means that it will stop working when you switch to another window or application.

To fix this, please follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your PC and click on Privacy.

2. On the left side, click on Microphone.

3. On the right side, make sure that the toggle for "Allow apps to access your microphone" is turned on.

4. Under "Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your microphone", make sure that Xbox Game Bar is checked.

5. Under "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone", make sure that the toggle is turned on.

6. Restart your PC and try using the Xbox Game Bar again.

If this doesn't work, you can try the following steps:
    Check Overlay Settings:

• Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing Win + G.
    • Click the Settings (gear) icon.
    • Under General, make sure Enable Xbox Game Bar for this app is turned on for the game you’re playing.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue. Let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,

6. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Tylerish,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar stops recieving my voice when I click away from Overlay - Similar Threads - Game Bar stops

2. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  3. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  4. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...
  5. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.: Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). Windows fully updated, all apps updated....
  6. How to stop games attempting to load the deleted xbox game bar every time

in XBoX on Windows
    How to stop games attempting to load the deleted xbox game bar every time: i have deleted Xbox game bar, and i don't want it back, but when i load a game i get an error message that it is attempting to load the bar but cannot how do i stop this message? registry edit of...
  7. Game bar stops recording when I resize app that's being recorded

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar stops recording when I resize app that's being recorded: I'm using Windows 11. submitted by /u/TaiIvUosis [link] [comments]
  8. How do I stop my xbox game bar to stop auto recording a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I stop my xbox game bar to stop auto recording a game?: I accidentally enabled auto capture for Mortal Kombat 11 and it causes FPS drop and I want to disable it but Idk how ee40098c-4a8c-4fcb-8ee9-d034aff191ac
  9. PC Xbox Game bar party chat makes keyboard and mouse stop working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC Xbox Game bar party chat makes keyboard and mouse stop working: Hi, I'm having a weird problem with party chat on PC. Whenever I try to start a party in the Xbox game bar or join a party, my keyboard and mouse just stop working. It looks like the keyboard...
  10. How do I stop message notifications from popping up via Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop message notifications from popping up via Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10?: Since the most recent update to the Xbox Game Bar app on Windows 10, I now get a notification any time an Xbox Live friend sends me a message, however, I can't see any way to turn this off. Xbox...