xbox game bar screen recording black screen

Discus and support xbox game bar screen recording black screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i discovered the xbox game bar screen recording option recently. at first, it’s working just fine. however, i decided to use it again just a few days... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by enlopz, Dec 18, 2023.

1. enlopz
    enlopz Guest

i discovered the xbox game bar screen recording option recently. at first, it’s working just fine. however, i decided to use it again just a few days ago to record my entire work flow for almost 2 hours. i didn’t check if it will work as i haven’t encountered any issues before and i didn’t think i would encounter any problem at all. after screen recording for almost 2 hours i finally checked my record and it didn’t record my screen at all, not even the mouse cursor was captured. i started the screen recording like how i usually would on my previous recordings, i didn’t change anything as i was only using the shortcut buttons which is the “windows alt r”, because that’s how i usually start my previous screen recording and didn’t encounter any problem aside from this one. i find any difference in it’s properties and i noticed that the usual resolution of my previous screen recording is 1920 x 1080 but the one that i just recorded is 1776 x 360 so it’s not the usual resolution, i would also like to add that the screen record was named “control panel”— if that’s a relevant information. i was wondering how it changed even though im sure that i didn’t change anything, i would also like to fix this specific screen recording as it is important for me.

:)

enlopz, Dec 18, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Control panel is essentially the predecessor to the Windows Settings app. It's been included with Windows since 1985, when the first version of Windows was released. While most options can be configured in the Settings app, some are still only accessible from the control panel. It may have opened if you were trying to change a specific setting or if another app caused it to open.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Control panel must have been the focused window at the time when you started the recording, that's how Game Bar works. It could've been a transparent or blank window hence why the recording was just a black screen.

Again I'd recommend using different software for your specific usage, such as OBS. Game Bar is not designed for this use as it can only capture one window at once. It may have worked previously, but it's limitations can cause issues such as this when it's used to record apps other than games.

Check out OBS here: https://obsproject.com/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. enlopz Win User

how did this happen when i don't recall opening the controls panel and i don't have an idea about control panel. i also did what i usually do when i start a screen recording on my previous videos but it all works just fine aside from this one. literally everything that i did in starting my previous saved screen record is also what i've done in this recent one, so what's the problem. and it's just a pitch black recording, not even my mouse cursor was captured in the screen recording
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Enlopz. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

> i would also like to add that the screen record was named “control panel”

Game Bar names recordings after the app it was recording, so in this case it was recording the Control Panel.

Game Bar can only record one app window, it will record the app which was focused when you started the recording. It cannot switch to recording another app after you begin recording.

> i would also like to fix this specific screen recording as it is important for me.

I'm afraid it won't be possible to fix this recording. Game Bar only recorded that specific window; you can't go back and change that as any other data was not captured during the recording.

If you wish to record your whole screen, I recommend using a different recording app such as OBS. Game Bar is designed for recording games, hence why it can only capture one window at a time.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Enlopz, just checking in. If you could let me know if I have answered your question or if there is something else I can assist you with?

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. xbox game bar screen recording black screen - Similar Threads - game bar screen

2. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  3. Why is my xbox social on xbox game bar stuck on "signing in" screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox social on xbox game bar stuck on "signing in" screen?: On Xbox game bar whenever I try to get on Xbox social it always says "signing in" and no matter how long I wait it doesn't sign me in. I was wondering if there is a fix for this....
  4. How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?: Ever since the new game bar update I haven't been able to go onto gamebar because it says "signing in". No matter how long I wait for it, it continues to be stuck there. I have tried everything...
  5. I can't record my PC screen via Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't record my PC screen via Xbox Game Bar: I don't know why but PC recording via Xbox Game Bar is always unavailable for me and I can't record anything. How can I solve this issue? 2ca12331-62d4-4fff-8401-a104f4dee690
  6. Hi all! I want to record my screen via xbox game bar, but it doesn't work.

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi all! I want to record my screen via xbox game bar, but it doesn't work.: Hi all! I want to record my screen via xbox game bar, but it doesn't work. I pressed the Windows + Alt + R combination, to no avail. Through the xbox game bar itself I press the record button, but...
  7. Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay: I was trying to record my gameplay on a steam game with my Blue Yeti, but found after I recorded there was an audio delay. I tried just about everything, from updating my canary insider to the...
  8. why does Xbox Game Bar does not screen record any more ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does Xbox Game Bar does not screen record any more ?: Hi, recently i figured that Xbox Game Bar is a neat way to quickly start a screen record to a file ... using it for remote desktop support cases etc., where i wanted to capture the session for...
  9. i cannot capture screen or screen capture not working in xbox game bar.

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot capture screen or screen capture not working in xbox game bar.: i cannot capture screen or screen capture not working in xbox game bar I already tried repair and reset and reinstall xbox game bar and scam sfc /scannow in CMD 4b7472e0-70e1-46dc-8083-39e942c57833
  10. The screen cuts out when i record with xbox game bar.

in XBoX on Windows
    The screen cuts out when i record with xbox game bar.: Good afternoon, I have a problem when I record the screen with the xbox game bar that I can't solve. Information that may be relevant, I have a laptop, connected to a monitor, I have this problem...