XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

Discus and support XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Aloha Hoshi, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Aloha Hoshi
    Aloha Hoshi Guest

Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i can get is maybe one to actually record.

:)

Aloha Hoshi, Jun 14, 2024
  2. GamerCon7 Win User

Clips aren't showing up/sometimes corrupted.

Hello ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Windows 10 computer is not saving clips, and the files that are being saved do not show your gameplay. Are you able to

record game clips
    by pressing the windows logo key+Alt+R? The article we provided contains instructions on how to record game clips. It also explains that for some PC games, Game Bar won't appear full screen. If this article does not resolve the issue,
    we have another article for
    troubleshooting Game Bar
    on Windows 10. Be sure to let us know the results!
    Thanks for the tip. This command does work, and it is saved every time. However, this starts and stops recording, which I will use. But I would also like if I was able to clip the last 30 seconds (my command is ctrl+alt+g), this is the one that isn't working
    properly.
  3. ​Jamie​ Win User

Sign in On Xbox Companion and Xbox Game Bar Doesn't Work

Open the Start menu, and select Settings > Gaming and make sure Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Xbox Game Bar is On. If Xbox Game Bar doesn't appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start recording a clip, then press it again to stop. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Halo Reach Steam Version Game bar not working to record clips

Hi,

I've only played Reach as the Windows Store version which does not have this issue. I would have thought that this game, with it's reliance on Xbox Live for multiplayer, would not have this issue. How odd...

Does Game show when you press Win+G or the Xbox button if you use a controller?

Regardless of the above, it's possible to record almost anything with Game Bar. Even games that don't support it can still be recorded. The work around is to just press the shortcut keys:

Win+Alt+R - Start/stop recording

Win+Alt+Print Screen - Take screenshot

With the shortcut keys you can record almost anything on your screen, they don't even have to be games.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox Game Bar Recording

Okay! Open the Start menu, and select Settings > Gaming and make sure Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Xbox Game Bar is On. If Xbox Game Bar doesn't appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start recording a clip, then press it again to stop.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Clips aren't showing up/sometimes corrupted.

Hello GamerCon7,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Windows 10 computer is not saving clips, and the files that are being saved do not show your gameplay. Are you able to

record game clips
    by pressing the windows logo key+Alt+R? The article we provided contains instructions on how to record game clips. It also explains that for some PC games, Game Bar won't appear full screen. If this article does not resolve the issue,
    we have another article for
    troubleshooting Game Bar
    on Windows 10. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times - Similar Threads - game bar record

2. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  3. game Bar does not record my microphone properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    game Bar does not record my microphone properly: When recording a game via Game Bar, my voice sounds somewhat broken on the clip. my mic works perfectly fine, and it only sounds broken on the recording. It is also only my mic audio, not the...
  4. Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...: Just wondering how to capture in a different resolution than the Desktop/Default/Game is set at? For example, if your Desktop is set to 1920x1080, and the Game itself starts and runs at...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  7. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...
  8. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  9. Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution: Sometimes, when playing a game in full screen, I will use the Capture button on my Xbox controller or use Windows Key + G to open game bar and record a clip, but when I look at the clip...
  10. I can't record on my pc with the game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't record on my pc with the game bar: im on my pc and i'm trying to record a video but it says "recording isn't working "error:0x82323619" i dont realy know much about this xbox on my pc stuff 728fd6a4-39db-4808-9a17-1bdcefa44de0