XBOX Game Bar, problem with "record last x time" option

Discus and support XBOX Game Bar, problem with "record last x time" option in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So, I've been recording many, many Rainbow Six Siege clips thanks to the "Record Last 30 Seconds" option. Thing is, as I always play R6 with my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LuismiPro465, Apr 8, 2020.

1. XBOX Game Bar, problem with "record last x time" option

So, I've been recording many, many Rainbow Six Siege clips thanks to the "Record Last 30 Seconds" option. Thing is, as I always play R6 with my friends, our conversations or reactions are really funny (at least for us), but the Game Bar never records my own mic. I have the option "Record mic" activated, so when I am in a game and activate that option, when I press "Record Last 30 Seconds", my mic's audio is there as well. Thing is, when I go to other apps, for example Google, as I do sometimes when I'm killed in a round, and go back to the game, the "Record Mic" option automatically disables. Is there a way to make it always enabled, so when I use the option "Record Last 30 Seconds", my mic's audio is recorded as well?

submitted by /u/LuismiPro465
    [link] [comments]

/u/LuismiPro465, Apr 8, 2020
  2. XBF John Win User

Xbox Game Bar Recordings

3. XxXDragonLordXxX Win User

XBOX Game Bar for PC Not Working right

Non of that helped the first time you suggested it. i have no problem bring the game bar up, the problem i have is getting it to record.

I hit windows+G game bar pops up, i hit record it lags my screen and does not record.
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

How to record Game Bar overlay while recording with Game Bar itself?

Hello AdidasPK,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are having trouble recording Game Bar overlay while recording with Game Bar itself. I'll be happy to assist you with this.

To record Game Bar overlay while recording with Game Bar itself, you need to enable the "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" option in the Game Bar settings. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Press the Windows key + G to open the Game Bar.

2. Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) on the Game Bar.

3. In the Game Bar settings, make sure that the "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" option is turned on.

4. Also, make sure that the "Record audio when I record a game" option is turned on if you want to record audio along with your gameplay.

5. Once you have enabled these settings, you can start recording your gameplay by pressing the Windows key + Alt + R.

Please note that not all games support Game Bar overlay recording. If you are having trouble recording Game Bar overlay while recording with Game Bar itself, it could be due to the game not supporting this feature. You can check the game's display settings to see if there are any options related to Game Bar overlay recording.

Source: Use Xbox game bar to capture game clips and screenshots on windows

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Sorrow1230 Win User

Game Recording Bar position adjusting problem.

I have the same problem. The position of the recording bar is terrible. For me, it blocks the minimap on most games I'm trying to record, which is usually in the upper right corner. There should be an option to drag it elsewhere or select a preferred screen
    position.

I've since started using the Nvidia Overlay to record. The default recording bar position is bottom right but it can be changed in options. I only use the Windows Gamebar for games the Nvidia won't support and just deal with having my minimaps blocked.
  6. XBF - Evie Win User

my login page is loading

Hi sadiemlikj,

Thank you for your reply, this helps a lot.

To answer your question about what the Xbox Game Bar records, the application only records the last thing you clicked on. What I recommend is that you open up whatever application you want to record (Roblox, etc.) and then start recording, which will capture the game.

I just tried it and experienced the Game Bar only recording my browser, but when I stopped my recording, minimized my browser, opened Minecraft, and then started the recording again - it recorded my Minecraft gameplay. Only have open what you would like to record. The application does not record your desktop. If you would like your entire desktop to be recorded, I recommend using OBS (Open Broadcast System) and setting up your recordings that way.

Regarding the error you are experiencing, it is something that I am unable to reproduce. If you are trying to make a new Microsoft account, we recommend that you do so by using this link. Please download the Xbox App onto your PC and sign into your new Microsoft account there and see if you have any additional errors or long loading times.

You can record without opening the Xbox Game Bar by pressing "Win + Alt + R", which will start the recording automatically. You can change this to whatever you like by going to Settings > Gaming and setting up the shortcut there. Also, on this Setting Screen make sure that "Enable Xbox Game Bar for things like recording game clips, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites" is toggled ON.

Another step you can try is to repair/reset the Xbox Game Bar application. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps and then type in "Xbox Game Bar" or search for Xbox Game Bar in the list. When you find it, select "Advanced Options" and then select "Repair" and "Reset".

If the problem persists, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
Thema:

XBOX Game Bar, problem with "record last x time" option

1. XBOX Game Bar, problem with "record last x time" option - Similar Threads - Game Bar problem

2. I have a problem with Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a problem with Xbox Game Bar: When someone invites me to a voice chat I would join the voice chat but it keeps saying connecting forever without doing anything but if I host a voice chat it would connect just fine I have even...
  3. Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures": I have been using the Xbox game bar to screen record usually but I was running out of storage. I moved the captures to a hard drive and when I started to record something else on my game bar it...
  4. LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows: Xbox game bar LFG Function dont Work with Minecraft For Windows Every time I click on "Im Interested" on a post it says the post is not available even if it got posted 1 minute ago and if I try...
  5. [Minecraft - Windows 10/11 Edition] Sound distorted and cracks. Xbox Game Bar problem with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Minecraft - Windows 10/11 Edition] Sound distorted and cracks. Xbox Game Bar problem with...: Razer 7.1 Synapse has a problem with it's Synapse THX in playback device settings. I switched to the, separate, Razer audio controller - Game in both the systems playback settings and Xbox Game...
  6. There was a problem posting your Looking For Group on Xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There was a problem posting your Looking For Group on Xbox game bar: its been like for 1 year i tried everything i could find and still couldnt fix this problem pls tell me the solution i cant play sea of thieves with anyone c6e39e2d-ac3b-4934-8695-4f638fe9c321
  7. LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows

in XBoX on Windows
    LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows: Xbox game bar LFG Function dont Work with Minecraft For Windows Every time I click on "Im Interested" on a post it says the post is not available even if it got posted 1 minute ago and if I try...
  8. XBox Game Bar FPS problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Game Bar FPS problem: Hello, I use a Windows 10 Home PC and log in to an admin account only. I have not signed in into Xbox Socials in my Game Bar. I have pinned my performance widget as an overlay onto my screen and...
  9. problem with joing groups Xbox Game bar PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem with joing groups Xbox Game bar PC: there a problem with looking for a group error says There was a problem posting your looking for group its in Xbox application PC c4949d2b-7a14-4a2f-8f8d-cebe88fc4bfb
  10. hello i have a problem when i open xbox game bar to record a video he lagging at delete the...

in XBoX on Windows
    hello i have a problem when i open xbox game bar to record a video he lagging at delete the...: hello i have a problem when i open xbox game bar to record a video he lagging at delete the video 5dbedfa2-5a84-497e-8c35-0090efc86ae1