Xbox Game Bar playback audio issues

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar playback audio issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When gaming with my friends I use Xbox Game Bar to capture gameplay and Discord to communicate with teammates. During gameplay I can hear everyone... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by keithjames5, Nov 22, 2023.

1. keithjames5
    keithjames5 Guest

When gaming with my friends I use Xbox Game Bar to capture gameplay and Discord to communicate with teammates. During gameplay I can hear everyone fine. However, during playback my teammates audio either isn't there or is extremely low volume. How do I fix this?

:)

keithjames5, Nov 22, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Keithjames5, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

If you're experiencing audio issues with Xbox Game Bar during playback, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

To start, open Xbox Game Bar, click on the Settings icon (gear icon), and navigate to the "Audio" section. Ensure that the audio settings are configured correctly. Make sure the correct audio device is selected for both "Speaker" and "Microphone" options. You can also try adjusting the volume levels for different audio sources within the Game Bar settings.

2. Open the Discord application and go to the User Settings (gear icon). Under the "Voice & Video" settings, check that the correct input and output devices are selected. Ensure that the output volume is set appropriately. You can also try disabling any additional audio processing or enhancements within the Discord settings to see if it improves the playback audio.

3.On your computer, right-click on the volume icon in the system tray and select "Open Volume Mixer." Check the volume levels for both Xbox Game Bar and Discord. Ensure that they are not muted or set to very low levels. Adjust the volume sliders accordingly to make sure the audio is balanced and audible during playback.

4. Outdated or incompatible audio drivers can sometimes cause audio issues. Make sure your computer's audio drivers are up to date. Visit the manufacturer's website for your computer or sound card to download and install the latest drivers.

5. Close both Xbox Game Bar and Discord, then restart them. Additionally, you can try restarting your computer and any audio devices you're using, such as headsets or speakers. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches or conflicts.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Windows media center and xbox360 and movies

4. Paruchda Win User

Xbox One S - DVD & Blu-ray audio out of sync - DVD audio/video sync worse

UPDATE: Xbox One S returned. No solution for audio sync issue on DVD/Blu-ray playback.

After scouring the internet I cannot find a solution. The Xbox Support seems to be correct. There was an issue with the Xbox One S where the audio was not in sync with the video on DVD and Blu-ray playback. I returned the Xbox One S.

Hopefully few other experience the issue.

Good Luck!
  5. WPAK Win User

Xbox Game Bar instantly crashes when trying to open settings tab

Hi there,

if you have multiple options for audio devices, you can check this by clicking the speaker icon in task bar in bottom right corner and see if you can set a different device, try to see what happens when a different device is selected.

I myself experienced issues with audio/video playback when a certain headset related device was selected.

Let us know the results
  6. iTsFx Win User

video but no sound through xbox app

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Expert, and I'll do my best to help you.

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues with the audio when streaming from your Xbox Series X to your laptop through the Xbox app. Here are a few things you can try:

Check the audio settings on your Xbox. Make sure that the audio output is set to the correct format and that the volume is turned up.

Check the audio settings on your laptop. Make sure that the volume is turned up and that the correct audio device is selected.

Try updating the audio drivers on your laptop. Outdated or corrupt audio drivers can cause issues with sound playback. You can usually find and download the latest audio drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Try using a different HDMI cable. A faulty or damaged HDMI cable can cause issues with audio playback.

Try disabling any audio enhancements on your laptop. Some audio enhancements can cause issues with sound playback, so it's worth disabling them to see if that helps.

If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting Xbox support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to a higher level of support.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar playback audio issues - Similar Threads - Game Bar playback

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  4. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  5. Xbox game bar party widget issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party widget issue: When I am using Xbox game bar, the party widget often breaks and I can't hear anybody and they can't hear me. This always happens if I get kicked from a party but can also happen at other times...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  8. Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party: Over the last week or so i’ve noticed my game bar having issues while i’m in party chat. I’ll be able to hear my friends and talk no problem, then suddenly all sound from the party is gone, can’t...
  9. Can I extend the playback feature of the Xbox Game Bar from 10 minutes to 1 hour?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I extend the playback feature of the Xbox Game Bar from 10 minutes to 1 hour?: Can I extend the playback feature of the Xbox Game Bar from 10 minutes to 1 hour? I hope the playback feature to maximize the playback time by using both virtual memory and physical memory and...
  10. windows game bar video playback has no sound

in XBoX on Windows
    windows game bar video playback has no sound: I am using the Windows game bar to capture a presentation that I am going through. I am using a Logitech headset,and all settings recognize the Logitech headset on my computer and within the game...