Xbox Game Bar (PC) not showing many Epic Games Store game status

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar (PC) not showing many Epic Games Store game status in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Xbox Game Bar not showing my game-playing status for many Epic Games Store games like Alan Wake 2 (even though it shows Rocket League and Fortnite).... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by JB_98769876, Nov 15, 2023.

1. JB_98769876
    JB_98769876 Guest

Xbox Game Bar not showing my game-playing status for many Epic Games Store games like Alan Wake 2 (even though it shows Rocket League and Fortnite).

Also doesn't show Steam game status even though all my accounts are linked to Xbox/Microsoft

:)

JB_98769876, Nov 15, 2023
  2. JB_98769876 Win User

Thanks I tried all that but no luck. There's no way that I know of to check game compatibility. I'm kind of wondering as a developer myself. Could this be due to certain games not implementing the Xbox GDK or something?
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello JB_98769876, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand your frustration.

Here are some points that could help you solve your problem:

Update Windows and Xbox Game Bar: Go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates to see if updates are available for your device.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of Xbox Game Bar

Check your Xbox Game Bar settings: Make sure “Record game clips, screenshots, and stream with Xbox Game Bar” is turned on

To do this, press the Home button and select Settings > Games > Game Bar

Check game compatibility: Some games may not be compatible with Xbox Game Bar

If a game is not supported, you may not be able to record gameplay clips, take screenshots, or stream

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us again.
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Game Bar to record

If you're referring to the Xbox Game Bar on PC, it saves to your hard drive as default. If you go to the Settings app on your PC, click on 'Gaming', and then on the side bar, click on 'Captures'. That will show you where the Xbox Game Bar recordings and
    screenshots are stored.
  5. IIIlIlIIllIl Win User

Xbox on PC only shows me as "Online" to my friends on certain games, How do I fix this?

Thanks John! I just saw your reply.

This is basically what I was looking for. Thank you for the information. Hopefully most games will show in future updates of Game Bar then. It's not really a huge deal just a pet peeve of mine. And the fact I couldn't find concrete information on the topic was bothering. I really like how on Discord you can add games that don't show up, even set custom statuses.

I am familiar with the "Remember this is a game" setting but it only enables "Record last X sec" on the Game Bar DVR. It doesn't affect the name of the game showing on your Xbox status.

The only thing I really don't get then is why specific games will show up on my friend's Xbox status but not mine. I own Resident Evil Village on Steam. When I play, it says "Online". But a guy on my friend's list.. it shows the title of the game. Same goes for Chivalry 2 on Epic Games Store. Weird..
  6. Stephen Fulton Win User

Does the Xbox Game Bar have an issue?

I have the same issue with Diablo IV on the xbox game bar. The game was install using battle.net. It appears the xbox game bar recognizes it is a game however, my status only shows online. I believe this is the only game so far that I have encounter this issue. The resources top task in the game bar shows battle.net as high and not Diablo IV, but the task manager shows Diablo IV. Call of Duty was installed using battle.net as well; however, xbox game bar shows the status as playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar (PC) not showing many Epic Games Store game status - Similar Threads - Game Bar showing

2. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  3. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list [img] This has never...
  4. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list. This has never happened to...
  5. Xbox game bar gallery not showing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar gallery not showing: I have a recent issue that just started today, I already reset/repaired the app. When I click the folder icon, it brings me to the captures folder, and everything is still there. I can still...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything): For context, when I was playing a game I was using the game bar to talk with my friends in a party. I saw that there was an update available so I started to update it. When it was done the game...
  7. Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit."

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit.": I've reset, terminated and repaired the gamebar many times. I've done the remove and reinstall through powershell. This started happening a couple of days ago and clicking refresh 4 or 5 times...
  8. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  9. Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

in XboX Insiders
    Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings: i was trying to fix my party chat because it wasnt letting me talk even though it showed it was picking it up, so after going to tons of trouble shooting i went and did the simple thing, delete...
  10. Xbox Game Bar/App Social activity status is showing "Online" instead of Playing: "Call of...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar/App Social activity status is showing "Online" instead of Playing: "Call of...: As the title states, the Xbox app/Game Bar is not recognizing "Call of Duty MW3" as a game. The social status/game activity displays as Online only. Although all privacy settings are set to Allow....