Xbox game bar party widget issue

Discus and support Xbox game bar party widget issue in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I am using Xbox game bar, the party widget often breaks and I can't hear anybody and they can't hear me. This always happens if I get kicked from... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LemonOwl_, Jun 20, 2024.

1. /u/LemonOwl_
    /u/LemonOwl_ Guest

When I am using Xbox game bar, the party widget often breaks and I can't hear anybody and they can't hear me. This always happens if I get kicked from a party but can also happen at other times but I am not sure what causes it then. The only way to fix it is by shutting off game bar from task manager and reopening and going back into the party.

submitted by /u/LemonOwl_
    [link] [comments]

/u/LemonOwl_, Jun 20, 2024
  2. MarkOfYore Win User

PC xbox app: game bar audio bug

I have the same issue. The workaround I'm using is to "pin" the Party Chat Game Bar widget. This way, the party chat stays visible when the rest of the Game Bar overlay disappears, and it keeps your mic active.
  3. MarkOfYore Win User

I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me when I have the overlay up on my screen, but when I click out of the overlay my mic cuts off.

I have the same issue. There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
  4. kieranimo Win User

Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

Hi YanYannnn,

Yes, closing the Xbox Social widget in the Game Bar temporarily resolves the issue.

I say 'temporarily' because I'd still consider this a workaround to a continuing bug in Game Bar. Once I've left my party, it should stop using my microphone immediately. I should not need to also close the Xbox Social widget.

I don't suppose there's any way to flag this as a technical issue so it gets to a dev team, is there?

Thanks,

Kieran
  5. Rewards828 Win User

I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

That's not really my issue. My friends can hear me while I have Game Bar up on screen. As soon as I exit and play my game, my friends can't hear me. I just figured out that if I pin the party chat widget on game bar so it stays there when I exit game bar, my friends will still be able to hear me. For now that's what I'll stick with, but I'd like to be able to remove the party chat widget from my screen.
  6. MarkOfYore Win User

Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps.

There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar party widget issue - Similar Threads - game bar party

2. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  3. Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party: Over the last week or so i’ve noticed my game bar having issues while i’m in party chat. I’ll be able to hear my friends and talk no problem, then suddenly all sound from the party is gone, can’t...
  4. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  5. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  6. xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party: [img] I cant open group chats for fh5 in xbox game bar PC d7d5175a-8df0-4f3a-adde-1aea4ac5af2e
  7. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  8. Xbox game bar party not working due to internet

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party not working due to internet: I’ve recently had an issue with Xbox parties on PC and me not being able to connect I’ve narrowed the cause of the problem to be something with my wifi/router because I would join a party and then...
  9. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  10. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...