Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work

Discus and support Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; xbox game bar party chat isnt working for me. i join a party I can hear them but they can only hear me when I have the game bar open, which is a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Quartz_scar, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Quartz_scar
    Quartz_scar Guest

xbox game bar party chat isnt working for me. i join a party I can hear them but they can only hear me when I have the game bar open,

which is a problem because i cannot play a game with it open, There is also a warning orange triangle symbol in the party audio tab, but i found no results on anyone having this problem. It was working like 2 weeks ago and it suddenly stopped working.

the problem put simply is people in xbox gamebar party voice chat can only hear me when I have the game bar open.

:)

Quartz_scar, Dec 14, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Quartz_scar,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix your issue with Xbox Game Bar. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    -Are you getting any error message?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

Enable Xbox Game Bar via Settings

1. Press Win + I key and launch Windows Settings
    2. Click the Gaming tab in the left pane and select Xbox Game Bar
    3. Toggle the button next to Open Xbox Game Bar to “On
    4. Reboot the system to apply changes and then launch Xbox Game Bar

Repair or Reset Xbox Game Bar

1. Press Win + I key to launch Windows Settings
    2. Click Apps > Apps & features
    3. Search for “Xbox Game Bar” in the search box and hit Enter
    4. Next, click the three-dot > Advanced options
    5. Select Repair. If this does not do anything, select Reset

Use Registry Editor

1. Press Win + R to open the Run window
    2. Type regedit and then press Enter
    3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
    4. Look for the AppCatureEnabled key. If you cannot find it, right-click on the space > New > DROWD (32 bit) Value. Name it as AppCaptureEnabled > double-click and set value data to 1.
    5. Try to use Xbox Game Bar and see if issue is resolved

Repair the ieframe.dll file

1. In the search bar, type Command Prompt > right-click > Run as administrator
    2. Type in the following commands. Ensure that you press Enter after entering each command:
      • sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
      • sfc /verifyfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
      • assoc
      • sfc /scannow
    3. Restart your PC and see if Xbox Game Bar is working

Use Local Group Policy Editor to Enable Xbox Game Bar

1. Press Win + R to open the Run window
    2. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter
    3. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
    4. You will see Enables or Disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting in the right pane. Double click on it and select Enabled
    5. Click Apply > Ok to save changes

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
      Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Johnny Sokko Win User

I have been having this issue as well. I have tried all fixes including adding the registry key to make "allow apps to run in background" visible so i could enable that on Gamebar and Xbox app.

Nothing has worked.
    This issue began after the Gamebar and Xbox app updated in the late November early December timeframe.

The issue is with the apps them selves and not our settings. With 20+ years as a Windows system administrator I know it's not on my end.
  4. Saintbillz Win User

No I’m still have this problem along with everyone else .. please release an update to fix this problem
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Quartz_scar,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

6. Patrick Kluszczynski Win User

I found a solution!

Go into Xbox game Bar

Go to the Xbox party tab

and pin it

Downside

a small box will be visible

Upsides

You get to play games while talking

You can move the box around only in game bar
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work - Similar Threads - game bar party

2. Xbox game bar party widget issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party widget issue: When I am using Xbox game bar, the party widget often breaks and I can't hear anybody and they can't hear me. This always happens if I get kicked from a party but can also happen at other times...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party: Over the last week or so i’ve noticed my game bar having issues while i’m in party chat. I’ll be able to hear my friends and talk no problem, then suddenly all sound from the party is gone, can’t...
  5. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  6. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  7. xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party: [img] I cant open group chats for fh5 in xbox game bar PC d7d5175a-8df0-4f3a-adde-1aea4ac5af2e
  8. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  9. Xbox game bar party not working due to internet

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party not working due to internet: I’ve recently had an issue with Xbox parties on PC and me not being able to connect I’ve narrowed the cause of the problem to be something with my wifi/router because I would join a party and then...
  10. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...