Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything)

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For context, when I was playing a game I was using the game bar to talk with my friends in a party. I saw that there was an update available so I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Lukemc3708, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything)

For context, when I was playing a game I was using the game bar to talk with my friends in a party. I saw that there was an update available so I started to update it. When it was done the game bar would open up in task manager, but it wouldn't show up at all on my screen. I've literally tried everything I could find on the internet including 1. Uninstalling it and reinstalling it through PowerShell 2. Repairing and resetting it in settings 3. Modifying it through the registry 4. Creating a new user and trying it from there 5. Installing windows again through media creation tool but keeping all my apps. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Lukemc3708
    [link] [comments]

/u/Lukemc3708, Mar 3, 2024
  2. markmuellner Win User

Xbox Game Bar - How to enable FPS counter on Windows

I see the game bar just fine, the only overlays I'm using are spotify, xbox social, capture and performance. All of the overlays work perfectly fine, however performance does not have any option to show FPS, or enable it. I've tried the advanced options
    in Windows through the settings in the Apps category to "repair" and "reset" but it does not change anything. I don't know whats wrong.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Игровой режим [Mod Translation-Game Mode]

Hi ProSlick3489,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

It usually depends on the game as pulling up a game overlay in certain games could change the display settings in-game from Full-screen mode to Windowed mode. Have you checked your in-game settings if the game is set to Full-screen mode? What game is collapsing
    when you open the Xbox Game Bar overlay?

I'd recommend checking the Microsoft Store in case the Xbox Game Bar needs an update.
  4. jakeketo Win User

xbox game bar captured video doesn't show application's icon

the logo might be an overlay from the program, the xbox gamebar will only capture the window or fullscreen application. it does not capture overlays all the time.
    Hi Farscape247,

thanks for your reply,

I tried to restore down and maximize the CAD window, to see if its worked but

When it goes restore down (the window is not fully maximized) the xbox game bar can capture (the CAD logo remains blank).

When it goes maximized, the xbox game bar capture nothing, error 0x82323007 always occurs :/
  5. Grenyes Win User

Xbox Game Bar - How to enable FPS counter on Windows 10 HOME

I can't even see the FPS option in the overlay. Both windows and game Bar updated to last version. Anyone can help me?

Why it's everything so complicated with Microsoft?
  6. TornadoRoad46 Win User

GeForce Experience FPS Not Showing In Games

I updated and reset the apps and it still didn't work. Forgot to mention that I was talking about Nvidia In-Game Overlay. Xbox Game Bar works perfectly fine, it's just the Nvidia In-Game Overlay that doesn't work properly.
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything)

1. Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything) - Similar Threads - Game Bar Overlay

2. Whenever I close the Game bar overlay nobody can hear me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I close the Game bar overlay nobody can hear me: I recently updated xbox game bar on my pc and laptop. Right after doing this a problem occurred. Whenever I closed the xbox game overlay using Win + G nobody can hear me. I can't figure it out. I...
  3. Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open: need a fix asap, tryna play games and party wont work, ive tried everything i can find and nothing has worked. i just need a simple fix for windows 11 home version, i cannot access background apps...
  4. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  5. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  6. Xbox Game Bar stops recieving my voice when I click away from Overlay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar stops recieving my voice when I click away from Overlay: For the past few days I've been having this problem with my game bar. I will hit Win+G to open game bar and join my friends party. As soon as I join (while the Gamebar Overlay is still on screen)...
  7. Anyone have a clue how to make game bar pick up my audio even when not overlayed so i can...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone have a clue how to make game bar pick up my audio even when not overlayed so i can...: It woluld let me talk to them before but now it wont let me speak without overlaying game bar submitted by /u/TigzCalamity [link] [comments]
  8. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...
  9. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.: Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). Windows fully updated, all apps updated....
  10. Xbox Game Bar overlay theme and Xbox logo

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar overlay theme and Xbox logo: I might be the minority here but I wish the Xbox game bar had better theme/colors/icons to match windows 11 style and Microsoft fluent design system. The most basic example is the Xbox Logo that...