Xbox Game Bar Not Working

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Not Working in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been having this problem with the game bar lately. It used to work just fine, but now it won't take clips or open up anymore. Sometimes I have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Loaphs, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Loaphs
    Loaphs Guest

I've been having this problem with the game bar lately. It used to work just fine, but now it won't take clips or open up anymore. Sometimes I have to shrink my game and put it back up for it to recognized the game, and it also records the last few seconds
    before I die in Fortnite. When I try to open the game bar, my mouse does the loading animation like it would come up, but nothing happens. It works sometimes once, but never again. I've been trying to fix it for the past week, looking at everything I could
    find, but it still does not work. Help!

:)

Loaphs, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Game Bar doesn't work

Thanks for letting us know, Bussy Bolice!

We have a guide that can help you
    troubleshoot Game DVT on Windows 10
    - the steps on that page can help you troubleshoot further.

If you're still seeing any issue after trying the steps there, you'll want to reach our
    Chat or Phone support teams for further direct assistance.

Mister Quasar, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Bussy Bolice
    Bussy Bolice Guest
    Game Bar doesn't work

Whenever I try to use game bar in sea of thieves it gives me an error that the game doesn't allow recording. Any fix for this?

Bussy Bolice, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Lov10sBeauty
    Lov10sBeauty Guest

hello, have you tried it with other controller? check if you have the latest updates on your Windows 10 PC

Lov10sBeauty, Oct 6, 2018
  5. Loaphs
    Loaphs Guest
    That doesn't make sense. I use a keyboard and mouse. And yes, my PC is up to date.

Loaphs, Oct 7, 2018
  6. Hi
    Loaphs,

I’m sorry to hear about any inconveniences this may have caused. If nothing happens when you press the
    Windows logo key +
    G, check your
    Game bar
    settings. Open the
    Xboxapp, and select
    Settings >
    Gamingand make sureRecord
    game clips,screenshots,
    and broadcast using Game baris
    On.

If Game bar doesn’t appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the
    Windows logo key +
    Alt+
    Rto start recording a clip, then press it again to stop. You’ll see the
    screen flash when the recording starts and ends.

If this does not help, please check out the following link:
    Troubleshoot
    Game Bar on Windows 10

I hope this helps ^‿^

XBF Jasmine Z, Oct 7, 2018
  7. Loaphs
    Loaphs Guest
    I've tried all of these and have checked that website already. I've also found out in the details tab of the Task Manager that when I press Windows Logo Key
    + G that the game bar (GameBar.exe) pops up for a few seconds, then closes again. My cursor shows the loading icon, but nothing happens. Like I've said, I've checked everything I can find for the past week, yet nothing
    is happening. Xbox app works just fine, as I've reinstalled it twice, and I've tried turning off and on the
    Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar multiple times, as well as restarting my PC. It used to work,
    but not anymore, just like my new graphics card is losing it's speed. I could try to reset my PC and see if that helps, but that's a last resort kind of thing.

Loaphs, Oct 7, 2018
  8. Ackis
    Ackis Guest

The only thing I've personally found that works is to perform a system reset. Which is REALLY annoying.

Ackis, Oct 7, 2018
  9. Hi Loaphs,

Thank you for keeping us updated in regards to the Game Bar not working properly. Try to perform a clean boot, this helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when
    you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. Here is the
    link on
    how to perform a clean boot.

I hope this helps!

XBF Jasmine Z, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: