Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, thank you for taking the taking to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Eziah, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Eziah
    Eziah Guest

Hello, thank you for taking the taking to read this post.

I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though you can set it to record both).

I have tried multiple times to record important conversations on my PC with updated Windows 10 but this issue keeps showing up and ruining great moments that I can never get back.

If there is any way to recover lost audio or mic input, I love that.

If not, I would also love if there is a way to verify if the Xbox Game Bar is going to function properly as it advertises itself BEFORE I record and lose precious moments as I have already.

If there is absolutely nothing that can be done, I'd highly discourage anyone else from using Xbox Game Bar to record video AND audio and to look somewhere else to use its services.

:)

Eziah, Jan 13, 2021
  2. BrittneyKyle22 Win User

Xbox Game Bar

Currently having the same issue after going through hours of trying to figure out how to open the NAT type on both PC and xbox, it finally lets me fully connect to the party but will not let me hear anything and my friends cannot hear me. my mic shows
    that is working, I have tried both xbox (beta) app, console companion app and game bar. my mic says it is talking, all input and output device setting are correct. Im at a loss
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox Game Bar on PC Mic quality robotic-like.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this DURPBULLET

May I know if you tried to "Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device?

Go to your Settings > Bluetooth & devices

Select Devices > Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound

Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app to verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

If that doesn't work double check and do the next:

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice

Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat

Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page

Select Settings > Audio

Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...

PS: Please fully close discord app before trying the above
  4. Dylan Keas Win User

Whenever I play an online game through the Xbox App on my PC it distorts my microphone audio in all voice chat apps. (Discord, Xbox Game Bar, etc)

-audio drivers are updated

- input and output are correct on both xbox app and computer settings

- microphone audio works fine when playing the same game through a different launcher or platform

- all other apps using my mic are disabled

- headset (astro a10s) are a plug in and have worked fine for months.

issue only happens when I go into an online game

example: I'm in a Valhiem online server with no one in it and my mic audio will be perfect. Then someone joins the game and it instantly distorts it.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My Xbox Game Bar mic has choppy audio

Hope you're doing great today despite this Dat

Please try and double check:

"Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device

Go to your Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth & devices
    Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app to verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

-------
    If the issue persist try this:

Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Select Settings > Audio
    Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My mic is being weird

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jayden

Just to confirm, your sound card drivers are up to date?

Please double check this using your PC manufacturer website.

If everything looks good, try this:

"Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device

Go to Windows Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth & devices

Select your audio input/output device under Input/output

Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app to verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

------------

If that doesn't work try and double check this:

Select Settings > Audio

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input - Similar Threads - Game Bar Recording

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  4. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  5. game Bar does not record my microphone properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    game Bar does not record my microphone properly: When recording a game via Game Bar, my voice sounds somewhat broken on the clip. my mic works perfectly fine, and it only sounds broken on the recording. It is also only my mic audio, not the...
  6. Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way with Game Bar, to Record at a different resolution than the Desktop or Game...: Just wondering how to capture in a different resolution than the Desktop/Default/Game is set at? For example, if your Desktop is set to 1920x1080, and the Game itself starts and runs at...
  7. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  8. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  9. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...
  10. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Gaming bar recording input no output