Xbox game bar no longer works

Discus and support Xbox game bar no longer works in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Within the last few days Xbox game bar no longer works properly. I can open it with Win "G"; however, it doesn't display my friends list or even have a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Matt Hunter1, Mar 15, 2024.

1. Matt Hunter1
    Matt Hunter1 Guest

Within the last few days Xbox game bar no longer works properly. I can open it with Win "G"; however, it doesn't display my friends list or even have a sign in option anymore. it lets me use widget's related to system status, recording, and audio.

I have tried numerous diagnostic checks and i've noticed that in system apps gaming services and Xbox game bar are not listed.

Additionally, I've used PowerShell to uninstall game bar and then reinstall it, reset and repaired it, uninstalled gaming services and used PowerShell to launch gaming services through the Microsoft store but anytime i download in the store it gives me an error of "something happened on our end". I reset and cleared the cache for Microsoft store as well but im now clueless with what fix would solve this!

:)

Matt Hunter1, Mar 15, 2024
  2. grooner Win User

Xbox App / Gamebar doesn't send notifications when unlocking an achievement.

3. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox game bar not opening.

Hello Neutral,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that the Windows Game bar is no longer functioning for you, even after enabling it in the settings. We recommend going through the troubleshooting on this support article: Troubleshoot
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know if this helps! We recommend starting off with solution 3 "What should i do if my Game bar and my shortcuts are not working."
  4. B.C.CA Win User

Summer update broke Media Remote control

I'm having the same problem. Tried 2 different sound bars. No longer works with Sony Soundbar or Samsung Soundbar.
  5. JWingZ1 Win User

cannot connect through game bar to sea of thieves via windows 11

Xbox and windows support both were unable to help.

I have now info that this doesn't work on two separate windows 11 fresh devices.

I can invite people. They can't join on me. I can't join on them. I can't accept their invites.

This appears to be a bug in game bar or something with the file type no longer supported but trying to be called by the link. Please communicate to the game bar dev team.
  6. juicyguyzer Win User

LFG Crashing when I try to post

Hi Team,

When I try to post on LFG using the XBox Game Bar, the game bar crashes.

But if I join other people's LFG, it works fine without crashing.

Help would be appreciated.
    Update: I reinstalled the Xbox Game Bar (using
    this article
    ) and now it works! Thanks for all the help!
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar no longer works - Similar Threads - game bar longer

2. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  3. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  4. I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why: I've been using Game Bar for quite some time but, recently, it has stopped working for me. I press the Windows key + G and it opens but when I press the button to Capture it says "We can't record...
  5. No longer getting Game Bar notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer getting Game Bar notifications: Since recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps I'm no longer getting notifications for rewards - such as Play on PC - or achievements - its really useful to know when these things have...
  6. game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing

in XboX Insiders
    game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing: https://imgur.com/BshxJJt this started about 2 months ago i think, I was really enjoying the app as it's easy to use and I can upload and share gaming clips with my friends without having issues...
  7. in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were...: Today i realized in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were uploaded to the network so that I could access the clips from my phone Xbox app. I’ve seen...
  8. Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes.: Hi ! Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes. And windows 11 since few weeks. Thanks for your help. 00539ecf-3911-4228-86cd-356dcf19a325
  9. XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10): For the past few months, I've been making copious use of the XBox Game Bar to record gaming as part of my job (in game development). However, last week (around October 23 2022) the game bar...
  10. "Copy Link" Feature on Xbox Game Bar no Longer Available??

in XBoX on Windows
    "Copy Link" Feature on Xbox Game Bar no Longer Available??: I have recently become more confused and frustrated as to why this has happened, and wondering if this is either a bug, or if this is something Xbox decided to remove, to which I'm questioning why...