Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by StrawMusic, Jan 13, 2024.

1. StrawMusic
    StrawMusic Guest

Hi,

For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I have just updated the Xbox Game Bar, my Xbox App on my phone is up to date, I have uninstalled the Xbox App because it wasn't working on PC and have tried to reinstall it but the Microsoft store doesn't work. Is there a way to get the "Copy Link" button back? I am also on the most recent windows update if that matters.

:)

StrawMusic, Jan 13, 2024
  2. حمد العازم Win User

xbox game bar copy link button disappear

i tried it , the problem in the other account too
  3. Fatima_J Win User

Xbox Game Bar Missing Copy Link Button

Hi BudC21 ,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

Based on the description, you are having an issue on Xbox game bar where you can no longer copy link to share your clips. I'm glad you took the time to consider this for us so we can help you figure it out for you.

Before anything else, let me ask you the following questions below so that I fully understand the problem.

1. May I know what is the Xbox app version, gaming services version, and your Xbox Game Bar version ? ( Kindly take a photo on both devices)
    Launch Xbox App

• Go to Settings
    • Select About
    • screenshot the version of Xbox app, gaming services, Xbox Game Bar version
    We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Verified ✔️ Win User

Its crazy how we have to perform a factory reset for such stupid problem, exactly why i never rely on microsoft
  5. حمد العازم Win User

nope it didn't work , i still have the same problem
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I suggest that you perform a factory reset on your Windows device while keeping files.

Here is the guide: Give your PC a Fresh Start - Microsoft Support

Please be reminded that apps and settings will be removed after performing the method, you need to re-install apps and re log in.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that? - Similar Threads - Game Bar longer

2. Xbox game bar no longer works

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar no longer works: Within the last few days Xbox game bar no longer works properly. I can open it with Win "G"; however, it doesn't display my friends list or even have a sign in option anymore. it lets me use...
  3. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  4. I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why: I've been using Game Bar for quite some time but, recently, it has stopped working for me. I press the Windows key + G and it opens but when I press the button to Capture it says "We can't record...
  5. No longer getting Game Bar notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer getting Game Bar notifications: Since recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps I'm no longer getting notifications for rewards - such as Play on PC - or achievements - its really useful to know when these things have...
  6. game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing

in XboX Insiders
    game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing: https://imgur.com/BshxJJt this started about 2 months ago i think, I was really enjoying the app as it's easy to use and I can upload and share gaming clips with my friends without having issues...
  7. in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were...: Today i realized in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were uploaded to the network so that I could access the clips from my phone Xbox app. I’ve seen...
  8. Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes.: Hi ! Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes. And windows 11 since few weeks. Thanks for your help. 00539ecf-3911-4228-86cd-356dcf19a325
  9. XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10): For the past few months, I've been making copious use of the XBox Game Bar to record gaming as part of my job (in game development). However, last week (around October 23 2022) the game bar...
  10. "Copy Link" Feature on Xbox Game Bar no Longer Available??

in XBoX on Windows
    "Copy Link" Feature on Xbox Game Bar no Longer Available??: I have recently become more confused and frustrated as to why this has happened, and wondering if this is either a bug, or if this is something Xbox decided to remove, to which I'm questioning why...