XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10)

Discus and support XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For the past few months, I've been making copious use of the XBox Game Bar to record gaming as part of my job (in game development). However, last week... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by YYako, Nov 3, 2022.

1. YYako
    YYako Guest

For the past few months, I've been making copious use of the XBox Game Bar to record gaming as part of my job (in game development). However, last week (around October 23 2022) the game bar suddenly stopped working. I can no longer bring it up on any apps, including ones I've previously used the recording feature on; shortcuts (Win + G, Win + Alt + R) appear to have no reaction, and new hotkey assignments for the game bar features have a similar lack of response. I can use other Windows key shortcuts (e.g. Win + Shift + S); it's specifically the game bar features that aren't working.

I have already attempted the following fixes:

• Double-checked that the game bar is enabled in settings (it is)
    • Repaired/Reset (multiple times) through App management
    • Ensured the windows registry was correct (GameDVR -> AppCaptureEnabled)
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox Game Bar
    • Repaired ieframe.dll
    These are my OS specifications:

• EDITION: Windows 10 Home
    • VERSION: 22H2
    • OS BUILD: 19045.2130
    I can use other recording software, but it adds quite a bit of extra overhead I'd really like to avoid. Please let me know if there is any other information that could help.

:)

YYako, Nov 3, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Yyako

I see that you already tried modifying the registry keys for the game bar.

But may I know if you tried deleting instead the registry keys associated with the game bar?

If not, give it a try:

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.
    Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again

-------

If the issue persist, may I know if you are using a Windows insider build ?
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox game bar not opening.

Hello Neutral,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that the Windows Game bar is no longer functioning for you, even after enabling it in the settings. We recommend going through the troubleshooting on this support article: Troubleshoot
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know if this helps! We recommend starting off with solution 3 "What should i do if my Game bar and my shortcuts are not working."
  4. ConchetoZika Win User

Problem to login Games for Windows Live

My system Win7 Starter 32Bits,DETAIL a while ago I had the Win 7 Ultimate and GTA functioned normally, but then gave a problem and I installed Win 7 Starter the game no longer works
  5. PaperzMask Win User

accessing the win 10 game bar

hi there,

you can actually change the shortcut

Settings > Gaming > game bar & there input your new shortcut
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

accessing the win 10 game bar

Hello Marco,

Thank you for posting her eon the Xbox forums. The windows key brings up the start menu on your pc so, do you have a key on your new keyboard that does the same thing? If so, you can try using that key + g to bring up the gamebar as well as other functions.

*"If your keyboard doesn’t have the Windows logo key built in, create a custom keyboard shortcut to open Game Bar. Press the
    Start button, select Settings >
    Gaming > Game bar, then enter a new shortcut."

*This information was found here : What should I do if Game Bar and shortcuts aren’t
    working?

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10) - Similar Threads - Game Bar longer

2. Xbox game bar no longer works

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar no longer works: Within the last few days Xbox game bar no longer works properly. I can open it with Win "G"; however, it doesn't display my friends list or even have a sign in option anymore. it lets me use...
  3. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  4. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  5. I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why: I've been using Game Bar for quite some time but, recently, it has stopped working for me. I press the Windows key + G and it opens but when I press the button to Capture it says "We can't record...
  6. No longer getting Game Bar notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer getting Game Bar notifications: Since recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps I'm no longer getting notifications for rewards - such as Play on PC - or achievements - its really useful to know when these things have...
  7. game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing

in XboX Insiders
    game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing: https://imgur.com/BshxJJt this started about 2 months ago i think, I was really enjoying the app as it's easy to use and I can upload and share gaming clips with my friends without having issues...
  8. in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were...: Today i realized in the game bar I can no longer copy link to share my clips which is also how they were uploaded to the network so that I could access the clips from my phone Xbox app. I’ve seen...
  9. Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes.: Hi ! Xbox Game Bar performances widget stops working and no longer refreshes and freezes. And windows 11 since few weeks. Thanks for your help. 00539ecf-3911-4228-86cd-356dcf19a325
  10. "Copy Link" Feature on Xbox Game Bar no Longer Available??

in XBoX on Windows
    "Copy Link" Feature on Xbox Game Bar no Longer Available??: I have recently become more confused and frustrated as to why this has happened, and wondering if this is either a bug, or if this is something Xbox decided to remove, to which I'm questioning why...