Xbox game bar messes with audio mix

Discus and support Xbox game bar messes with audio mix in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new computer. and I am noticing that often game bar will move around the audio mix sliders by itself. I never use the audio mix function, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gavin Beaver, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Gavin Beaver
    Gavin Beaver Guest

I have a new computer. and I am noticing that often game bar will move around the audio mix sliders by itself. I never use the audio mix function, and keep finding apps turned down to minimum volume. I can't find a setting that would make it do this and I just don't want to turn all of the sliders up every time i turn on my computer.

:)

Gavin Beaver, Mar 10, 2023
  2. StevenK_M Win User

Hello Gavin Beaver,

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear about this issue on your Xbox app. We understand how concerning this could be. Let's work together to get this rectified then.

Based on your description, this might be some sort of glitch or bug. Please ensure your Windows is updated and try the following methods from this support article to troubleshoot some audio issues on the app or your game.

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows | Xbox Support

Let us know how it goes. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

StevenK
  3. StevenK_M Win User

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)
  4. CarTzy Win User

Xbox Game Bar Capturing Audio Issues

Hello Lilliretta,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble with the Xbox Game Bar audio recording. I understand how frustrating that can be. Here are some possible steps you can try to fix the issue:

- Check if your Windows 10 is up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers or software can cause audio problems. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click Check for updates.

- Make sure your microphone and headset are plugged in correctly and not muted. You can test your microphone and headset in the Xbox Game Bar settings by clicking on the gear icon and then on Audio.

- Adjust the audio mix settings in the Xbox Game Bar. You can change the volume levels of your microphone, system sounds, and party chat by clicking on the speaker icon and then on Audio mix.

- If none of the above steps work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Game Bar app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features and find Xbox Game Bar in the list. Click on it and then click Uninstall. Then, go to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar and install it again.

Please see: Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. XBF - Evie Win User

Only capturing my voice when using Teamspeak & Discord when recording video game clips

Hi AnthonyMurdock,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with getting your friends’ audio to come through in your game captures. I have a quick question that I’d like you to answer before I can further troubleshoot you.

Based off the information I see in your post - I would assume that you are playing on a PC and are trying to make captures via the Xbox Game Bar? And encountering audio issues within Xbox Game Bar captures?

If so, there is a Mixer that is built into the Xbox Game Bar that you can fiddle with that can help your friends’ audio come through clearer in game captures/recordings. To access the Mixer, press “Win + G” to open the Game Bar, navigate to the Audio tab (Looks like a speaker in the top ribbon, or will auto open with the Game Bar), and navigate to Mix.

Under Mix, you will see all the applications open on the device and a volume slider for each app. I believe that by default all of the sliders are at 100%, but if not, you can change it to 100% or whatever volume level you prefer.

Also, within Settings in the Xbox Game Bar – there is a section labeled Capturing and then a sub-section titled “Audio to Record”. I believe by default it is set as Game which is just your game and your mic. You can change it to All as that includes Game audio, your microphone, apps, and your computer system. That would probably help include audio from other programs such as Discord/Teamspeak into your captures!

I hope these suggestions help! If this answered your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Cant hear game audio when in party on PC

Of course, mate.

Ok:

Open the Xbox Game Bar and join/initiate a party chat (don’t leave the party till the completion of the solution).

Now open the Xbox Game Bar Settings by clicking on the Gear icon and in the menu shown, click on Party Chat (in the left half of the window).

Then set your Audio Output to the headset and if it is already set to the headset change it to another device (if you only have one single device, then try to use a dummy device from applications like Virtual Audio Cable).

Repeat the same for Audio Input and then close the Settings Windows.

Then click on the Widget Menu and choose Audio.

Now make sure the output (in the Mix tab) and input (in the Voice tab) is set to your headset. And make sure the system sounds are on max.

Then repeat steps 2 to 4 but make sure your headset is set as audio output and input device.

Now close the Settings window and check if the party chat and the game's volume have started to work fine.

If not, then check if disabling Push to Talk in the Party Chat settings of the Game Bar solves the issue
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar messes with audio mix - Similar Threads - game bar messes

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  4. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  5. Xbox game bar party widget issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party widget issue: When I am using Xbox game bar, the party widget often breaks and I can't hear anybody and they can't hear me. This always happens if I get kicked from a party but can also happen at other times...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  8. Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party: Over the last week or so i’ve noticed my game bar having issues while i’m in party chat. I’ll be able to hear my friends and talk no problem, then suddenly all sound from the party is gone, can’t...
  9. why does Xbox Game Bar mess everything up?

in XBoX on Windows
    why does Xbox Game Bar mess everything up?: cant open the xbox app cause some process in the game bar will not allow it and the same with my RIOT client and its games, as long as the stupid game bar is operating no games function to the...
  10. Why does my xbox game bar mess with my audio volume?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox game bar mess with my audio volume?: So, when i am using my computer the Xbox Game Bar changes my sound volume higher and lower constantly and i cant fix it. Does anyone know how to fix it? 43f35989-a168-45ea-a1da-6ac905eb43ba