XBox Game Bar doesn't open

Discus and support XBox Game Bar doesn't open in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, my XBox game bar cannot open. It's been about 3-4 months since I got this laptop and the game bar only opened once and then closed again, and I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Charles Yu1, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Charles Yu1
    Charles Yu1 Guest

Hello, my XBox game bar cannot open. It's been about 3-4 months since I got this laptop and the game bar only opened once and then closed again, and I never got to open it since. Background apps is enabled for the Xbox game bar.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Things I've tried:
    Terminating and Repairing the app through settings

Check if all my drivers are updated

Check is my laptop's updated

Troubleshoot using Windows Store Apps troubleshooter (nothing came up)

----------------------------------------------------------

My Laptop Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz (2 Cores, 4 logical processors)

RAM: 16GB

SSD: TS512GMTE110S

Model: HP 255 G8 Notebook PC

----------------------------------------------------------

Things I found that might contribute to the problem:
    System>System Components>Game Bar> Advanced Options

Specifications

Publisher | Microsoft Corporation

Version | 6.123.11012.0

App 0 bytes

Data 172 KB

Total usage 172 KB

It shows the app has 0 bytes

:)

Charles Yu1, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Charles And my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are experiencing, I invite you to follow the steps suggested by Microsoft Support:

If nothing happens when you press Windows logo key + G, check your Game Bar settings. Open the Start menu and select Settings > Game Bar > Games and make sure Enable Game Bar for things like recording game clips, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites is set to On.

If the Game Bar doesn't appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start recording a clip, then press it again to stop. You will see the screen flash as the recording begins and ends.

For more information about the Game Bar, you can consult the following: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/troubleshoot-game-bar-windows#:~:text= Check%20the%20setting%C3%B3n%20of%20Game,G%20to%20open%20Game%20Bar

Information Source (Credits): https://support.microsoft.com/windo...-windows-74a718a1-2fbf-2ce3-5fbe-e959be352277

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Dragoridercc Win User

Fix for xbox gaming services bug on PC

If it doesn't work at first, open task manager and stop Xbox, Gaming Services and Game bar, then do the rest for both Xbox and Gaming Services
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Game Bar doesn't open all the way?

Hello Zirds,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that the Xbox Game Bar is displaying a minimal amount of options when you open it with the shortcut. We recommend making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . It is possible that the application being out of date could have affected it. We have support articles on learning how to access

the overlay menu
    and
    troubleshooting the Xbox Game Bar
    . Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. Hoskayra Win User

guys my xbox game bar doesn't open

Hi GabrielD, my name is Oskayra and I would be happy to help.

Have you already tried doing it from the Microsoft store?

To uninstall Xbox Game Bar from the Microsoft Store, you can follow these steps:

-Open the Microsoft Store app.
    -Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
    -Select "View profile".
    -Select "Manage".
    -Select "Applications and games".
    -Look for "Xbox Game Bar".
    -Select "Xbox Game Bar" and then Select "Uninstall".

You can also uninstall Xbox Game Bar from the Control Panel. To do this, follow these steps:

-Open Control Panel.
    -Click on "Programs and Features".
    -Look for "Xbox Game Bar".
    -Select "Xbox Game Bar" and then select "Uninstall".

Once you've uninstalled Xbox Game Bar, you can reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.

Through the following links that I will provide you you will be able to see more detailed information regarding the solutions that I gave you in case you want to be sure that my information is correct, keep in mind that I specified the information to help you in a more personalized way to your problem .
    https://support.microsoft.com/windo...-windows-74a718a1-2fbf-2ce3-5fbe-e959be352277

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/troubleshoot-game-bar-windows

Best regards,
    Oskayra
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

I can't open xbox game bar

Thema:

1. XBox Game Bar doesn't open - Similar Threads - Game Bar doesn't

2. Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft: I used to have no problems with the looking for group widget in the Xbox game bar. Now, every time I play Minecraft (Windows Version) it fails to detect that I am playing it. Every time I go to...
  3. Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?: Greetings all, I'm thinking of buying a GPU (the RX 6400) for a build, but I'm being devastated by the caveat of the 6400 not having any encoding support. I use Game Bar to record quite...
  4. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list [img] This has never...
  5. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list. This has never happened to...
  6. Whenever I get a Xbox Game Bar Message Notification it doesn't let me use Game Bar Keybind...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I get a Xbox Game Bar Message Notification it doesn't let me use Game Bar Keybind...: So about 4 months ago I decided to get a new computer and upgrade to Windows 11. it was around March and April where when I would get a Xbox Game Bar Notification I would try to use the Shortcut...
  7. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  8. Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...: Hello, I updated the Xbox game bar and I want to be able to talk to my friends while game bar is running in the background. The update disabled game bar's permission to run in the background, and...
  9. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...
  10. guys my xbox game bar doesn't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    guys my xbox game bar doesn't open: i tried everything,my windows version is 10 pro 19045,i tried unistalling it from the powershell, i tried uncheck and check the xbox game bar settings but none of this worked, please help, i need...