Xbox game bar doesn't allow me to share games as status

Discus and support Xbox game bar doesn't allow me to share games as status in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I just want my friends to know that I'm playing Stardew Valley LMAO I've done most of the things that have been suggested online and apparently, when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Tostbred, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Tostbred
    Tostbred Guest

I just want my friends to know that I'm playing Stardew Valley LMAO I've done most of the things that have been suggested online and apparently, when I tried to change the "others can see your pc game activity" setting the option is just blocked out. It doesn't allow me to change options. Anyone know why?

https://i.imgur.com/5Gy7pdU.png

:)

Tostbred, Jan 10, 2023
  2. Goatsnatcher Win User

Does MS seem to have limited purse strings?

I'd love to use the game bar in pc games, it be good to share screen shots with friends on xbox. The thing just doesn't work properly in full screen though. I managed to take a screen of a game on pc through the game bar, when I went to share it, it just
    came up as not recognised. Think it was the witcher.
  3. Gobbet Win User

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Battery Status on Windows 10

I have same problem. In [tag:Windows10] game bar overlays default application for battery status (that doesn't work). :-(
  4. David Wirsching Win User

why cant i find the share clips button

Hello DraketonE, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you're experiencing difficulty finding the clip sharing button in the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11, here are some possible reasons and solutions:

Game Bar Update: There may have been an update to the Xbox Game Bar that has changed the location or way the clip sharing button is accessed. I would recommend checking if there are any updates available for the Game Bar and making sure you have the latest version installed.
    Settings changes: There may have been changes to the Game Bar settings that affected the availability of the clip sharing button. Go to the Game Bar settings and check the options related to screenshot and video recording to make sure they are set correctly.
    Game Compatibility: Some games may have specific restrictions or limitations on sharing clips. Check if the Ascended Ark Survival game has any restrictions on capturing and sharing clips. You can check the forums or the game documentation for more information on this.
    Restart the Game Bar: Try restarting the Xbox Game Bar. Right-click the Game Bar icon in the taskbar and select "Close Game Bar." Then, reopen the Game Bar and check if the clip sharing button is available again.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox console companion- how to stop console companion from displaying what i'm doing

Hi,

You can change your online Status on PC via the Game Bar. Press and hold the Windows Key and
    tap G on the keyboard.

Or with an Xbox controller attached to the PC, access the Game Bar by pressing the
    Xbox button.

Depending on how the Game Bar is set up on the PC a number of Windows will be displayed. Showing as Online or Offline is available in the Xbox Social window. To configure the game bar to your liking, press the Overlay Menu, next
    to the time. This will allow you to change what Windows of the Game Bar are displayed.

Full information including a tutorial video can be found here: Customize Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10
  6. Kathy A. Win User

My xbox gamebar is glitched

Hi Dragoonboi,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to make good use of the Xbox Game Bar however you are having some issues with the updated version of it. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To better isolate your issue, would you mind providing details about it?

Can you please share with us any error message you encounter with Xbox Game Bar?

Are you also having issues linking your socials to the Xbox Game Bar?

May we know if you have already check your email and social media accounts for the verification that you allow the link of your social accounts to Xbox?

Are you trying to post on social media using the Share button of your controller?

Based on support article Capture game clips and screenshots - Note: The Share button on the new Xbox Wireless Controller is not yet functional with Windows 10 devices and has limited functionality on Windows 11.

By the way, you can change and locate the location of the Xbox Game Bar's clip by going to PC settings > Gaming > Captures.

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar doesn't allow me to share games as status - Similar Threads - game bar doesn't

2. Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking For Group on Xbox Game Bar doesn't detect that I am playing Minecraft: I used to have no problems with the looking for group widget in the Xbox game bar. Now, every time I play Minecraft (Windows Version) it fails to detect that I am playing it. Every time I go to...
  3. Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox Game Bar use the iGPU for encoding if the dGPU doesn't support it?: Greetings all, I'm thinking of buying a GPU (the RX 6400) for a build, but I'm being devastated by the caveat of the 6400 not having any encoding support. I use Game Bar to record quite...
  4. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list [img] This has never...
  5. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list. This has never happened to...
  6. Whenever I get a Xbox Game Bar Message Notification it doesn't let me use Game Bar Keybind...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Whenever I get a Xbox Game Bar Message Notification it doesn't let me use Game Bar Keybind...: So about 4 months ago I decided to get a new computer and upgrade to Windows 11. it was around March and April where when I would get a Xbox Game Bar Notification I would try to use the Shortcut...
  7. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  8. XBox Game Bar doesn't open

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Game Bar doesn't open: Hello, my XBox game bar cannot open. It's been about 3-4 months since I got this laptop and the game bar only opened once and then closed again, and I never got to open it since. Background apps...
  9. Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...: Hello, I updated the Xbox game bar and I want to be able to talk to my friends while game bar is running in the background. The update disabled game bar's permission to run in the background, and...
  10. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...