XBOX Game Bar cannot record the screen (neither in game nor desktop)

Discus and support XBOX Game Bar cannot record the screen (neither in game nor desktop) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I also added exceptions for the games in my Windows Security settings and I installed the Windows Media Pack. adfc6a43-4f58-480d-9e2d-482ebdf3f1ab Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Oregano Hauch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. XBOX Game Bar cannot record the screen (neither in game nor desktop)

I also added exceptions for the games in my Windows Security settings and I installed the Windows Media Pack.

:)

Oregano Hauch, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Oregano Hauch Win User

Thank you for the answer, I have Win10 Pro 1909. I already read the troubleshooting, but it didn't help... :-(
  3. GallegoRR Win User

Check your Game DVR settings: Open the Xbox app,
    then Settings and then Game DVR. Make sure that Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR
    is set to On. Make sure that the game isn't set to full-screen mode only. You can use the Game
    bar
    for some full-screen games, but not all.
  4. Oregano Hauch Win User

I de- and reinstalled it. I cannot find the reset button, I can open the settings only via the Windows Settings. I am using OBS Studio right now which does a very good job. I seem to be the only one with this problem anyways, so I guess nobody will read
    this thread anyways...
  5. KilRoY1166 Win User

Maybe a little more information could be useful for us to can help you. You said that installed media components, so you're using a Windows 10N version?

The first steps I suggest you to follow is the support guidelines here:

Support.xbox.com game bar troubleshooting

Hope this could help but in case report again here to see if someone other have the right tip for help you.
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Did you try resetting the Game Bar app? You can right click on it, then go to app settings.
Thema:

1. XBOX Game Bar cannot record the screen (neither in game nor desktop) - Similar Threads - Game Bar cannot

2. Cannot login to battle(dot)net while Game Bar is open

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot login to battle(dot)net while Game Bar is open: Hi guys, just to inform, not to discuss. When I start my XBox Game Bar, which is linked to Battle(dot)net, it starts Battle(dot)net automatically. Guess that's how it should be. But: I cannot...
  3. cannot connect through game bar to sea of thieves via windows 11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    cannot connect through game bar to sea of thieves via windows 11: I have Steam Sea of Thieves. I have always connected to friends through game bar, right-click the friend, join game. I want this to work, not a workaround. It worked up until a new PC I just...
  4. I cannot sign into Xbox game bar or Clipchamp editor with Microsoft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot sign into Xbox game bar or Clipchamp editor with Microsoft.: I cannot sign into Xbox game bar or Clipchamp editor with Microsoft. 8f32f6da-8e17-40b5-9d0b-b30b129b9457
  5. i cannot capture screen or screen capture not working in xbox game bar.

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot capture screen or screen capture not working in xbox game bar.: i cannot capture screen or screen capture not working in xbox game bar I already tried repair and reset and reinstall xbox game bar and scam sfc /scannow in CMD 4b7472e0-70e1-46dc-8083-39e942c57833
  6. Cannot navigate Game Bar on Windows with Controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot navigate Game Bar on Windows with Controller: I've been having difficulty using Game Bar with my Xbox1 controller (via the wireless USB receiver) recently. I can open and close the Game Bar with the guide button, but other button presses...
  7. I cannot sign into xbox game bar or several other microsoft services (Xbox GameBar on PC)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot sign into xbox game bar or several other microsoft services (Xbox GameBar on PC): When ever I try to login to Xbox game bar, the app will display the signing in screen for a split second then return to the "sign in button". my system is up to date, I have tried resetting,...
  8. My Xbox Game Bar cannot update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Game Bar cannot update.: My Xbox Game Bar cannot be updated regardless of the prompt. I think I have been Update-Banned from Xbox Game Bar. 360529ca-df4e-4d1a-8864-3f94554be27f
  9. I cannot change my account on xbox app or xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot change my account on xbox app or xbox game bar: As listed in the main question, I cannot change my account. I have searched thoroughly for an answer, but so far nobody's issues seem to mimic mine. When I try to log in to my Xbox account, it...
  10. cannot turn on xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    cannot turn on xbox game bar: when i go to windows settings and try to turn on the xbox game bar, it turns on but after a few seconds it just crashes and when i open back up windows settings it is turned off. i also can't...