Xbox Game Bar (beta) notifications

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar (beta) notifications in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am unable to join LIVE parties from my PC. I get no notifications of invites neither in Xbox Companion App nor in Xbox Game Bar. I can join voice... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by НиколайКондаков, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Xbox Game Bar (beta) notifications

I am unable to join LIVE parties from my PC. I get no notifications of invites neither in Xbox Companion App nor in Xbox Game Bar. I can join voice chat but not parties. When I see my friends in a party in Xbox Companion App and try to join it errors me
    with a message about a program missing to open this link.

Also unable to create a party through Xbox Game Bar.

:)

НиколайКондаков, Sep 19, 2019
  2. НиколайКон Win User

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox App on PC. I recommend to try this link: Troubleshoot
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

If the issue persists, try this:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
    That did not help at all.

I've tested it a bit more.

I have an Xbox One, iOS Xbox app and PC with Xbox Companion App and Xbox Game Bar (beta) and my family helped me test it with their accounts

I can receive notifications about party invites from everyone when I am on my Xbox One. This actually works fine.

I can only receive notifications from parties created by Xbox Companion app on my iOS Xbox app. No notifications about party invites sent from Xbox One.

I can join any parties both on my iOS app and on my Xbox One console.

On my PC I can only receive message notifications and voice chat requests both in my Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Companion.

I do not receive any notifications about invites to party neither in Xbox Companion, nor in Xbox Game Bar

From my Xbox Companion I can join open parties that were created by Xbox Companion on another PC if I click on a friend's name.

From my Xbox Companion I CANNOT join open parties that were created on Xbox One console, even if I click on a friend's name and see that he is in a party

From my Xbox Game Bar there is NO option to specifically join a party if a friend is in one, if I choose to "join voice chat" I join a different voice chat and not the one that he has with his party.

Please sort this out. This stuff is actually messing up my ability to join premade groups in Gears 5 multiplayer and I am wasting that XP boost that I got for paying for a deluxe version of the game!
  3. Vinny #1 Win User

About notifications, make sure your notification settings are enabled to display them, not in "do not disturb" mode
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox App on PC. I recommend to try this link: Troubleshoot
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

If the issue persists, try this:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Party Chat invites on Xbox Companion App on PC

I think the party invite notification was removed and put on the Xbox Game bar instead, if you launch the game bar by pressing windows key and g, then goto settings - social, you should find an option to turn on notification for invites to party.
  6. Richard Vazquez1 Win User

I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION

Xbox companion app is discontinued, and the "Party Invitations" and "Games" notification settings are nonexistent in the Xbox PC app. Settings for invites and messages are all on the Game Bar app for PC.

You'll just have to make sure these settings are checked after reinstalling the game bar @ (Game Bar)Settings>Notifications>Xbox Social>Notify me when I'm invited to a party or multiplayer game
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar (beta) notifications - Similar Threads - Game Bar beta

2. xbox game bar beta, performace tab broken

in XboX Insiders
    xbox game bar beta, performace tab broken: [IMG] for some reason i cant strech the performace tab window, any fixes? im using sdk developement version (the problem is that i cant se the fps counter(thats the one on the bottom))...
  3. Can not sign into Xbox Live on PC (Xbox App Beta, Xbox Game Bar)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can not sign into Xbox Live on PC (Xbox App Beta, Xbox Game Bar): I am at my wits end with an issue involving the Xbox Gamepass PC App. For some reason, I am unable to log into my Xbox Live account after the app recently updated. When I click on the sign in...
  4. Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App: I'm having an issue where pressing Shift + F will enable listening to my own mic. I think its tied to Xbox Beta or Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10, but I can't find the setting to disable it....
  5. my xbox(beta) Microsoft Store, xbox game bar & xbox companion none of them let me sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox(beta) Microsoft Store, xbox game bar & xbox companion none of them let me sign in: hi, i have an issue with all 4 of this apps for Windows 10 where I try to access my account and it is unsuccessful. The issue consist in, when I access one of this apps, I am requiered to sign in....
  6. Xbox Beta Wapp - Gaming Services Dependencies won't install, Game Bar won't open

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Beta Wapp - Gaming Services Dependencies won't install, Game Bar won't open: [IMG] The app wasn't able to install Gaming Services Dependencies, reboot of the system, repair and reset of both apps itself didn't helped. I granted Administrator rights to the popup. Closing...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Beta

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Beta: Hello fellow Xbox community members, Hoping I may be able to get some assistance here, I got my PC back in January it has an Xbox game bar beta which is EXTREMELY convenient to keep connected...
  8. Xbox Game Bar and Xbox(Beta) applications are unable to join to a voice chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar and Xbox(Beta) applications are unable to join to a voice chat: I am not able to join to voice chats using either Xbox Game Bar or Xbox (Beta) applications. I am getting the following errors dump in the Event Viewer. I also copy below the .wer file content I...
  9. PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Xbox (Beta) App/Game Bar will only let me start a Private Chat: With the newly arrived Xbox (Beta) app with the Game Pass for PC content, when I invite a friend to a voice chat using either the app itself or the game bar, My friends are saying that I invited...
  10. Help test the new Game Bar Beta, including integration with Spotify, Xbox, and lots of...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help test the new Game Bar Beta, including integration with Spotify, Xbox, and lots of...: Hey everyone! We are excited to begin beta testing several new features for Game bar on Windows 10. The Game bar is a gaming overlay built into Windows that works over any PC game and can be...