Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game...

Discus and support Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When ever I turn my pc on to play with my friends I have to go into settings reset Xbox game bar and select my preferred audio settings but when I turn... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Mason Bodiford, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game...

When ever I turn my pc on to play with my friends I have to go into settings reset Xbox game bar and select my preferred audio settings but when I turn my pc off the fix goes away and I have to do this everytime I turn my pc back on can someone tell me how to fix this permanently please

:)

Mason Bodiford, Feb 16, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game bar in settings

Hi Mason, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Then, download the Gaming Services Repair tool:

https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool

Moving on from there, reset your network settings:

Please, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X > Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Network Settings > Network Reset > Reset Now.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Adam Sheetz Win User

Anyone know how to enable xbox game bar to run in the background on windows 11?

Hi Taylor M, my name is Adam.

To enable Xbox Game Bar to run in the background on Windows 11, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Settings and click on Gaming.

2. Click on Xbox Game Bar and turn on the option to Open Xbox Game Bar using a keyboard shortcut.

3. Go back to Apps and select Apps & features.

4. Search for Xbox Game Bar and select Advanced options.

5. Make sure the Background app permissions are turned on.

If the app is still not working, try repairing or resetting it. You can also press Windows + G to open Xbox Game Bar.

I hope this helps!
    Adam.
  4. Vivian Dsena Win User

Party Chat Trouble Exclamation Point Triangle

1. Open the Xbox Game Bar and navigate to its settings: Check the microphone settings within the Game Bar to ensure it's using the correct microphone and that the microphone access is allowed both in-game and while the Game Bar is running in the background.
    2. Background App Permissions: Your computer might have certain settings that prevent apps from running in the background or accessing the microphone when they're not in focus. Check your system's privacy settings to ensure that background apps have the necessary permissions.
    Best Regards by:

Funny Names
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area in windows 11 right now. Any ideas on how to make it run in the background?

Hello David!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're trying to run Xbox Game Bar in the background. In this case we recommend you try the following steps:

1. Open the Xbox Game Bar by pressing the Windows key + G.

2. Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) on the Game Bar.

3. Under the General tab, toggle on the "Enable Xbox Game Bar for things like recording game clips, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites" option.

4. Close the Game Bar and check if it's running in the background.

If the above steps don't work, you can try resetting the Xbox Game Bar app. Here's how:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps.

3. Scroll down and click on Xbox Game Bar.

4. Click on Advanced options.

5. Scroll down and click on Reset.

6. Restart your computer and check if the Game Bar is running in the background.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. leonharlick Win User

Xbox Game Bar

hello,

ms-settings:appsfeatures doesnt bring up any options to reset game bar.

the mic works fine when game bar isnt in background.

game bar isnt listed in apps and yet searching in store shows game bar as installed.
Thema:

Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game...

1. Xbox game bar background permissions is off and only way to fix it is by reseting Xbox game... - Similar Threads - game bar background

2. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  3. How to turn on xbox game bar in background?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to turn on xbox game bar in background?: Hello, everyone. I've been having a problem with the game bar for a while now. It doesn't let me use it in the background of my PC. The Gamebar tells me that the app permission is off. I follow...
  4. game bar is not allowing background audio and its permissions are unfindable

in XboX Insiders
    game bar is not allowing background audio and its permissions are unfindable: ever since I installed the lockdown browser for a class my gamebar hasn't worked at all, I've since installed lockdown but its permissions are still flummery beyond all repair. submitted by...
  5. I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar: I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating the xbox game bar, what can I do? d9667d4d-593e-4fc1-9969-bf20e8d78b76
  6. Anyone know how to enable xbox game bar to run in the background on windows 11?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Anyone know how to enable xbox game bar to run in the background on windows 11?: I cannot find anywhere in settings a place to enable xbox game bar to run in the background 523ba6db-a6d0-494b-baa6-4035f33fcea9
  7. Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...: Hello, I updated the Xbox game bar and I want to be able to talk to my friends while game bar is running in the background. The update disabled game bar's permission to run in the background, and...
  8. Game bar doesnt work in background anymore

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar doesnt work in background anymore: I have this weird problem, where the game bar app only pics up my mic, when its actively open... It also only works, if I pin the widget on my screen. But thats just annoying, when In play...
  9. Background on Game Bar party

in XBoX on Windows
    Background on Game Bar party: I updated Xbox Game Bar do find when I join a party a weird background shows up, I have it set to minimal mode just I see a transparent gray block on background. Is there a way to get rid of this?...
  10. Xbox Game Bar picking up too much background noise?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar picking up too much background noise?: So I have been having a problem where Xbox game bar is receiving too much background noise in recordings through my Blue Iceball condenser mic. I have tested my mic with other Windows recording...