Xbox game bar audio mixer just spins.

Discus and support Xbox game bar audio mixer just spins. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I use Xbox game bar on my PC, however the audio widget just spins and doesn't show anything and I'm unable to select my input or mix my audio. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Lancer645, Apr 9, 2023.

1. Lancer645
    Lancer645 Guest

I use Xbox game bar on my PC, however the audio widget just spins and doesn't show anything and I'm unable to select my input or mix my audio.

I've tried reinstalling both the game bar and the Xbox app. All the other widgets work fine.

Xbox game bar audio mixer just spins. [​IMG]

:)

Lancer645, Apr 9, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Let's try to troubleshoot. Please follow the steps on this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again. Thanks!
  3. Lancer645 Win User

Thanks for your response, I was able to get it working by re-installing my sound drivers.

Thanks!
  4. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Game sounds too quiet

• With your headset attached, press the glowing “Xbox” button
    • Navigate to the “System” tab
    • Select “Audio”
    • Adjust the “Headset chat mixer” option
      • Slide the bar left to favor game audio
      • Slide the bar right to favor chat audio
  5. Ledtherebelight Win User

XBox Game Bar Audio Mixer

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

That's pretty odd that the volume adjustments for other apps have disappeared from the Game Bar. What apps did you normally use this feature with and are those apps currently open and running? Have you checked in the Microsoft Store for any updates to the
    Game Bar? Or checked for any new updates to Windows?

If everything is up to date, and if the apps that worked before are running in the background, but you cannot adjust the volume for those apps through the Game Bar, then it may be best to restart Game Bar.

1. Close the game or app.
    2. In the search box on the Windows taskbar, type Task Manager, and then select it.
    3. In Task Manager, select More details.
    4. In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast bar server (bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select
      End task.
    5. Restart your game or app and check the Game Bar again.

Let us know if this helps!
    I've used Ziggo Go, Firefox, Chrome. (They are running now, but don't show up). It also used to showed some other apps, but I don't remember which ones.

Game bar and Windows are up to date.

I can't find the bcastdvr.exe process, closed other game bar processes, but didn't solve anything.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

XBox Game Bar Audio Mixer

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

That's pretty odd that the volume adjustments for other apps have disappeared from the Game Bar. What apps did you normally use this feature with and are those apps currently open and running? Have you checked in the Microsoft Store for any updates to the
    Game Bar? Or checked for any new updates to Windows?

If everything is up to date, and if the apps that worked before are running in the background, but you cannot adjust the volume for those apps through the Game Bar, then it may be best to restart Game Bar.

1. Close the game or app.
    2. In the search box on the Windows taskbar, type Task Manager, and then select it.
    3. In Task Manager, select More details.
    4. In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast bar server (bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select
      End task.
    5. Restart your game or app and check the Game Bar again.

Let us know if this helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar audio mixer just spins. - Similar Threads - game bar audio

2. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  3. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  4. game bar is not allowing background audio and its permissions are unfindable

in XboX Insiders
    game bar is not allowing background audio and its permissions are unfindable: ever since I installed the lockdown browser for a class my gamebar hasn't worked at all, I've since installed lockdown but its permissions are still flummery beyond all repair. submitted by...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11: My clip's video and audio of others in discord + ingame are fine. My microphone for some reason is the only one distorted in the clip. It is not distorted on discord or in the game and my friends...
  6. Why does Xbox game bar mute audio when I start a recording?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game bar mute audio when I start a recording?: When I open Xbox Game bar it never remembers which device I set for default output or input device on either the Mix or Voice tab. When I record a clip or Start a recording it auto mutes and I'm...
  7. Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work: xbox game bar party chat isnt working for me. i join a party I can hear them but they can only hear me when I have the game bar open, which is a problem because i cannot play a game with it...
  8. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  9. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  10. Game bar only picks up audio when looking at it

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar only picks up audio when looking at it: My microphone is connected however Game Bar only picks up audio when I have it open on screen. submitted by /u/Kingdaddysalmon [link] [comments]