Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications

Discus and support Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have a friend on Xbox who’s a favorite. All of a sudden every time they stream, I get notifications every 5 minutes from them that they are... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by TheTrojan320, Apr 17, 2024.

1. TheTrojan320
    TheTrojan320 Guest

I have a friend on Xbox who’s a favorite. All of a sudden every time they stream, I get notifications every 5 minutes from them that they are streaming. If I remove them as a favorite it stops. Microsoft/Xbox, please fix this so I can keep as a favorite and get notifications from them like being online, party invites, and game invites without being spammed every 5 minutes that they are streaming. Something broke, and it’s not on my end. Several users have this issue. I am not modifying any settings unless there is a specific setting for streaming notifications.

Thanks!

:)

TheTrojan320, Apr 17, 2024
  2. Frathos Win User

Just Started Broadcasting message keeps going out to online friends while I stream.

This problem might be related to the Xbox Live services issues that occurred earlier today. Do you monitor your stream via PC, laptop, or tablet to see if you can verify whether the stream is being affected by a network or XBL issue?

If your friends don't want to continually get started broadcasting notifications then they can go into Settings - Preferences - Notifications - Xbox notifications and turn Friends & broadcasts off. This is my personal default setting preference. I just rely
    on the Messages or Party & game notifications if I want to play with someone who sends me an invite otherwise it can become very distracting if you have a large friends list with players from around the world who can come online or start streaming at all hours
    of the day.
  3. - AJ - Win User

How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

Hi, Lazydaydreamer! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Considering you are receiving notifications for both when your friends come online and when they start streaming, it's likely they are set as favorites in your friends list.

For your reference, this is the description for favorite friends on Xbox:

"Favorite friends are listed first in your friends lists. You will see when they are online or live streaming."

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent only the 2nd notification from popping up, as the reason why you get it is the same for the 1st notification.

------------------

There are two ways to stop receiving these notifications:

1) Edit friendship:

- Go to your friend's profile, select "Change Friendship" and select "Friend" from the list of available options. This will prevent you from receiving both the 1st and 2nd

2) Change your notification settings:

- Go to Settings > Preferences > Notifications > Xbox Notifications > Friends, and uncheck the box for "Friend notifications on"
    * Please note that this will disable notifications for all friends, not just your favorites.

-----

Alternatively, some things that could work for you are:

- Disabling notifications banners only at Settings > Preferences > Notifications
    - Changing the default notification position at Settings > Preferences > Notifications
    - Or mute the notification alert sound by going to Settings > General > Volume and audio output > Additional options.

------------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help.
    Best regards.
  4. Tzar of kaos Win User

General friend question

Strange,I never put someone in "my favourites" and always got a notification when a friend log in/stream/ect. (Xbox one to Xbox one).
  5. shadnater Win User

Not getting invites to party's

And i will get a notification if someone adds me as a friend, someone online, and even when someones streaming. But not a invite to a party.
  6. D3ATH PRONE Win User

So why no Twitch streaming?

We will be able to stream to Twitch on Tuesday, 11th of March. Microsoft has been doing in house testing of the service as Major Nelson has been streaming everyday. Some things they must test by themselves unfortunately. :/

Just a tip, to receive a notification on your console when one of your friends starts streaming, make sure to (have them as a friend :p ) and set them as a favorite.
Thema:

1. Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications - Similar Threads - Friend Streaming Nonstop

2. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  3. How can I stop notifying my friends of my live stream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I stop notifying my friends of my live stream?: Every time I stream Twitch on Xbox, my friends keep getting constant notifications that I am streaming. This is true for all my friends, including those who have me "Favorited" and those who do...
  4. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox: I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online get bombarded with (1st notification) That...
  5. i am streaming on twitch and cannot hear my friends through my stream

in XBoX on Windows
    i am streaming on twitch and cannot hear my friends through my stream: i am streaming on twitch, but whenever i’m playing with friends, you can’t hear them on my stream. you can only hear myself. how do i fix it? 05822477-7885-4f16-9809-0eb30846fecb
  6. Whenever I try to start a stream on twitch, my friends tell me that they can only see a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever I try to start a stream on twitch, my friends tell me that they can only see a...: I can’t stream because of this and I love streaming!! Help please!? fbe502d9-0ccb-473d-8b22-2f5b9a9c8827
  7. Stream from Xbox to your Discord friends Support & Discussion: Week of August 29th, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Stream from Xbox to your Discord friends Support & Discussion: Week of August 29th, 2023: Discuss your experiences with streaming your Xbox gameplay directly to your Discord friends here all week long! This thread is open all week long to discuss your experiences with streaming from...
  8. Stream from Xbox to your Discord friends Support & Discussion: Week of August 22nd, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Stream from Xbox to your Discord friends Support & Discussion: Week of August 22nd, 2023: Discuss your experiences with streaming your Xbox gameplay directly to your Discord friends here all week long! This thread is open all week long to discuss your experiences with streaming from...
  9. Trying to stream to friends on Discord but get slapped by a “Stream unavailable while...

in XboX Insiders
    Trying to stream to friends on Discord but get slapped by a “Stream unavailable while...: Trying to stream on Discord but can’t. submitted by /u/Roguen1995 [link] [comments]
  10. Does Xbox game bar have an option to include my mic audio for my friend who is streaming in...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does Xbox game bar have an option to include my mic audio for my friend who is streaming in...: I play on PC with friends that play on xbox and i talk to them using the party system from the Xbox game bar. Some of them stream and said that i need to allow my audio to be included so they can...