xbox four letter gamertag issue

Discus and support xbox four letter gamertag issue in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i want to get a four letter tag and i look for them and see that they aren’t taken. but when i try to change my gamertag it puts numbers at the end.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by xiykr, Oct 5, 2020.

1. xiykr
    xiykr Guest

i want to get a four letter tag and i look for them and see that they aren’t taken. but when i try to change my gamertag it puts numbers at the end. can you not get four letter tags anymore because even when i search them up on the friends list they are
    available

:)

xiykr, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Daft Badger Win User

The system doesn't recognise capital letters & lower case letters as different so when searching for a tag you need to type it in exactly as it is. You could type in the tag "Type" & it'll show as available but someone could have it as "TYPE" so in fact
    it isn't available if that makes sense.

Gamertags are also used on other services so just because it might show as available on xbox live it could be being used somewhere else.

Available four letter tags are extremely rare so if you are getting numbers at the end then it is being used somewhere in the system.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

GAMERTAG PRE-APPROVAL REVIEW

The last four letters of the op's old gamertag also violate the CoC so I can see two reasons why you were issued a fnc.
  4. tjayars Win User

Gamertag Question - What's the minimum amount of letters?

I have a few four letter gamertags on my fl from playing with them in the beta. There was an ex-employee that was one letter that was still gold the last time I checked. Don't remember ever seeing a 2 or 3 letter gamertag.
  5. XpLiciT 0n3 Win User

Gamertag

I'm thinking because the first four letters of that gamertag is a known acronym for something vulgar.
  6. Inferior-91D30E2D-4F Win User

Changing my gamertag leads to a "Gamertag is already in use" message when nobody actually has the gamertag

Thema:

1. xbox four letter gamertag issue - Similar Threads - four letter gamertag

2. Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day using my checking...

in XBoX on Windows
    Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day using my checking...: Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day (12-19-23) all in the amount of $52.42 using my checking account information. I had a Windows 365 account that I was paying...
  3. Why do I have strikes why four when I should have only one

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do I have strikes why four when I should have only one: Why do I have four strikes when I only have one and that's because little kids talking smack and trash talk and get by with it because mommy and daddy buy them game's that are for grown ups and I...
  4. Why am I only getting four search results on Minecraft marketplace?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I only getting four search results on Minecraft marketplace?!: Searching is going fine until I search something on the search bar. I type something in or set one of the settings on the filter, then all of a sudden only four results are listed out of the 6...
  5. hello i bought the game but it won't connect to the server. i've been trying for four days.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello i bought the game but it won't connect to the server. i've been trying for four days.: hello i bought the game but it won't connect to the server. i've been trying for four days. f88c94fe-3fcc-4864-a4bf-fd7580f3e46b
  6. I'm not sure why I'm being charged four times in a month

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm not sure why I'm being charged four times in a month: I need to talk to someone about being charged seven times when I should only have one account 8a6ebdc0-98f6-4817-b906-3bfaa5b58c56
  7. Four controllers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Four controllers?: Which PC games allow use of four controllers. I'm a new Game Pass Ultimate customer. 6c08e286-96e8-4989-9db4-582e028a3e62
  8. sooooo after your update fallout four bugthesda that you took over like you did skype youve...

in XBoX on Consoles
    sooooo after your update fallout four bugthesda that you took over like you did skype youve...: sooo you decided to take over Bethesda and now my fallout 4 game is glitching constantly not only that you messed up skype because you do not have the appropriate advisors to work with technology...
  9. In Forza horizon four I got 50% completion on the festival playlist. The game said that I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In Forza horizon four I got 50% completion on the festival playlist. The game said that I...: In Forza horizon four in the festival playlist, I tried to claim the horizon backstage passes that I was supposed to be given for 50% completion. I did not receive it. How do I fix this?...
  10. Can you change the last four digits of your xbox gamertag ID? I've tried it in the new...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change the last four digits of your xbox gamertag ID? I've tried it in the new...: Can you change the last four digits of your xbox gamertag ID? I've tried it in the new gamertag system but every time it makes the number part of my gamertag and not my ID....