Xbox forced an update which deleted all my saved games and gamer tag

Discus and support Xbox forced an update which deleted all my saved games and gamer tag in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox asked me to update my profile I did then all my saved games were lost I have a new gamer tag which they told me I had to have and I can't get it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alex Burrows1, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Xbox forced an update which deleted all my saved games and gamer tag

Xbox asked me to update my profile I did then all my saved games were lost I have a new gamer tag which they told me I had to have and I can't get it back how to get back my ten years of saved games I am not a happy customer infact livid.

:)

Alex Burrows1, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Alex Burrows1,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Alex Burrows1,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to recover your lost games and gamertag. It sounds like your saved games and gamer tag were lost after updating your profile. I understand how frustrating this can be, especially if you've been using Xbox for ten years. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check the account or the devices that is connected to your account. No worries, we do have some effective troubleshooting steps here that could fix the issue.

To recover your saved games, you can try the following steps:

1. Check if your saved games are still available in the cloud. To do this, go to "My games & apps" > "See all" > "Saved data" > "Cloud saves". If your saved games are there, you can download them to your console.

2. If your saved games are not in the cloud, you can try to recover them from an external hard drive or USB drive if you have backed them up previously.

3. If you have exhausted all options and still cannot recover your saved games, you can contact Xbox support for further assistance. They may be able to help you recover your lost data.

Regarding your gamer tag, if you're unable to retrieve it, you can create a new one. However, if you have any subscriptions or purchases associated with your old gamer tag, you may need to contact Xbox support to transfer them to your new gamer tag.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. addictgaming360 Win User

Marvels Avengers Battle for Earth Freezes on Opening Menu

I understand this is a old thread. But I will tell you this. the ubisoft tech should of did a trial bug. Because it's the update. If your account wasn't ever linked to uplay at all. Then the update works.

For my account I of done so many trial and error as deleting your gamer tag, move your save file to see if the gamer tag or save file was corrupted.

With the update and being offline using same account the game can be played. But if you use another gamer tag which never link to uplay being online with the update works.

Just as long you never linked uplay at all.

I tried assassin creed 2 uplay. And works fine. Why sell a game while the update of uplay freezes the console?

I can confirm that if you use another gamertag then link that gamertag through the game it self to uplay account does freeze the game. Even if you link the another gamertag from uplay account (pc) still would freeze your game in the menu's.

My last save was 2015

So the update had to happen around 2016 jan
  5. Poet4u2b Win User

Feature Unavailable

I don't know what I've done, but it's all fixed now. All I did was delete all Forza 3, 4, and Horizons saved games under my gamers tag name off of my Xbox hard drive and poof, everything works just fine now. Remind you of one important thing though, I was
    not logged in under my gamer tag name when I did this.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Gamer tag in xbox profile

the free gamer tag change was only allowed when your gamer tag change was forced. People abused this by reporting gamer tags that people wanted to change so once a force change was made they then changed it again to what they wanted for free. Because
    of that abuse of the system all game tag changes now cost even if a force change has happened.
Thema:

1. Xbox forced an update which deleted all my saved games and gamer tag - Similar Threads - forced update deleted

2. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone: I'm trying to join a party on my phone so I can play on my PlayStation while talking with my friends on Xbox (they refuse to set up discord integration.). However, the Android App will not allow...
  5. Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft sidewinder force feedback wheel driver: Hi microsoft sidewinder force feedback steering set does it have drivers compatible with windows 11? I know it is very old but it still works in computer games, I need a driver to test the...
  6. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  7. My xbox one console requested a forced update after i downloaded and installed the update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one console requested a forced update after i downloaded and installed the update...: Any help to solve this problem would be highly appreciated! The noise sound like a refrigerator noise. I have tried to get in contact with the xbox team but it has been utterly impossible!...
  8. Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced console update mid-game? Still an issue after so many years!!: I have seen so many complaints about this and I have encountered this too many times. Was doing basic training in Gotham Knights (doing the checklist) and in the middle of performing this I got a...
  9. New update is forcing password change, this service isn't available right now

in XBoX Accessibility
    New update is forcing password change, this service isn't available right now: title pretty much says it. I did the update, cant sign into my Xbox account because it requires me to reset my password, i had to download Microsoft authenticator. when i reset the password i get...
  10. Network transfer now forcing update over internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer now forcing update over internet: I've used network transfer substantially for years because I own more than one xbox and my internet provider charges me a fee if I download more than their cap allows each month. Removing the cap...