Xbox for PC won't open, I've tried almost everything

Discus and support Xbox for PC won't open, I've tried almost everything in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I had some kind of crazy stuff happen to my system last night maybe an APT attack, a lot of my .sys files were apparently being tampered with. So I ran... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DarrelC83, Feb 2, 2024.

1. DarrelC83
    DarrelC83 Guest

I had some kind of crazy stuff happen to my system last night maybe an APT attack, a lot of my .sys files were apparently being tampered with. So I ran sfc /scannow, it failed. I ran DISM, it failed. I tried reinstalling windows from windows update so I don't lose all my data, I updated my bios also. That seemed to help stop the green screens and the .sys files being tampered with. I had to change passwords. ok so I can't get Xbox for PC app to even open. It gets stuck on the black screen with the xbox logo until it eventually crashes. I've tried Settings>Apps>Installed Apps>Xbox>Advanced Options - have tried terminate, reset, uninstall/reinstall. I have tried using Powershell to force uninstall/reinstall, that didn't work. I am not sure what is causing xbox for pc app to break for me, but if I try to run it, it just gets hung like that and never opens. I don't know what to do man. I tried to update it through the store too, no luck. Can someone please help me? Thank you.
    I've been hammering at trying to figure out how to fix this since 12 AM last night and its 2:25PM right now

:)

DarrelC83, Feb 2, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: