XBOX - Fanatec (and other) steering wheel button support - Logitech breakthrough!!!

Discus and support XBOX - Fanatec (and other) steering wheel button support - Logitech breakthrough!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Howdy, I am fully aware and appreciate there is a lot of information (and misinformation) on this subject out there - and I’m sure we’ve all heard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Monzie83, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Monzie83
    Monzie83 Guest

XBOX - Fanatec (and other) steering wheel button support - Logitech breakthrough!!!

Howdy,

I am fully aware and appreciate there is a lot of information (and misinformation) on this subject out there - and I’m sure we’ve all heard this at some point - primarily that this is a Microsoft/ XBOX issue where ‘wheel mappings are only allowed to that
    of XBOX controller inputs’.

I accept it probably was the case historically, BUT see below...

I had a Logitech G923 (recently upgraded to Fanatec for better immersion) and ALL (you read that right) - ALL button/dial inputs and rev lights on that G923 wheel ARE SUPPORTED in Assetto Corsa Competizione on XBOX. On GRID, the Trueforce
    functionality and rev lights on the G923 are supported on XBOX - SO THERE CLEARLY IS A WAY to get more buttons on other wheels working!!!

Demonstrably, the above is allowing mappings well beyond the number of standard controller inputs, rendering that old chestnut (used by Fanatec, not sure if other wheel manufacturers are saying the same) that ‘Microsoft limits mapping to that of it’s controller
    inputs’ as null and void - at least in my mind.

Does it mean the Microsoft castle wall has been breached and we can now expect better wheel button support in future? Or was this a one off?

I’m by no means a software development expert (and please correct me if you DO KNOW), but I assume and am hearing this was achieved via Microsoft OK’ing, and ACC game developers then using, the new Logitech produced SDK to support Trueforce... The hardware
    manufacturer produced software to make their prodcuts work on a platform - Hmmm I wonder where I’ve heard that before... (PC Driver anyone?).

It would seem (please confirm if I am wrong) as if all wheel manufacturers need to do to get their products working on XBOX is to produce a SDK (appreciate it may take time and money). But If this is the case have Fanatec even produced one? And why do they
    tell us the issue lies with Microsoft not allowing inputs more than the standard controller, if all that is needed is a wheel manufacturer developed SDK? If Logitech can do it why not them?

I am posting this as the more (correct) information that is out there, and knowing what has been achieved, the better equipped the “little guy” is in making requests and hopefully could lead to a better result for all wheel users on XBOX.

I will be reaching out to Fanatec to let them know what Logitech have been able to achieve. If the issue also affects you as a Fanatec user or your wheel brand, feel free to do the same.

P.S. Happy to be corrected on any of my assumptions and thoughts above (if you know about these things).

P.P.S. Yes I know I “should” be on PC to unlock all Fanatec functionality (I will get there eventually if this can’t be solved), but that’s not the point - my Fanatec wheel is officially XBOX licensed and SHOULD work (as should any XBOX licensed wheel).
    And with the above development I see no reason as to why this can’t be achieved, especially as the equipment is expensive!!!

:)

Monzie83, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Sodangidni Win User

what steering wheels are compatible with FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 STANDARD EDITION XBOX ONE/PC (UK)?

Hello, David1973GO. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Officially, Forza Motorsport 7 is compatible with the following wheels:

“Fanatec Clubsport V1
    • Fanatec P1 Xbox

Fanatec Clubsport V2
    • Fanatec P1 Xbox

Fanatec Clubsport V2.5
    • Universal HUB
    • BMW GT2
    • Formula Rim
    • Porsche 918 rim
    • Mclaren GT3

Fanatec CSL E XBOX
    • Fanatec P1 Xbox

Fanatec CSL E PS4
    • Fanatec P1 PS4

Fanatec CSR wheel
    Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 and GT3wheel
    Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V1, V2, V3
    Fanatec CSL Pedals
    Fanatec Shifter SQ 1.5
    Fanatec Handbrake 1.5

Logitech DrivingForce GT
    Logitech DrivingForce Pro
    Logitech G25
    Logitech G27
    Logitech G29
    Logitech G920
    Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel

MadCatz Pro
    MadCatz

Thrustmaster TS-XW
    Thrustmaster 458 Spider
    Thrustmaster T150
    Thrustmaster T300RS
    Thrustmaster TMX
    Thrustmaster TS-PC
    Thrustmaster TX
    • 458 Edition
    • Leather Edition
    • 599XX
    • F1
    • GTE

Note: If you have a Thrustmaster TX wheel, it will default to the 458 Edition, the first in the list, because all Thrustmaster TX wheels use the same vendor product identifier (VIDPID). Make sure you select the model that you have to ensure the button mappings are correct.

Thrustmaster RGT
    Thrustmaster T500 RS
    Thrustmaster TH8A
    Thrustmaster Sequential Shifter/Handbrake
    Thrustmaster pedals T3PA and T3PA pro”

Reference link:
    https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360012861493-Supported-Wheels-and-Devices

If you play on PC, make sure to install your wheel drivers and be on the latest wheel firmware, if available.

To avoid issues, connect the wheel and test it before opening Forza Motorsport 7.

I hope you find this answer helpful to your inquiry. However, I'll remain attentive to any other one you may have.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  3. ReeceLad Win User

Logitech G923 in Forza Horizon 3

Hi Brett

Below, find the list of wheels currently supported by Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10 PCs. On Xbox One, Forza Horizon 3 supports all wheels currently supported by Xbox One.

The list of currently supported PC wheels for Forza Horizon 3:

Thrustmaster T150
    Thrustmaster T500 RS
    Thrustmaster TMX V1
    Thrustmaster TMX V2
    Thrustmaster T300RS
    Thrustmaster TX
    Thrustmaster RGT
    Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
    Logitech G920
    Logitech G929
    Logitech G25
    Logitech G27

Players can use the Logitech G27 and the Thrustmaster TX (and some TX variants, like the new Leather Edition), but these wheels have some limitations with their functionality in-game. While these wheels work on default or custom wheel settings, button mapping and force feedback are not properly recognized. These issues will be addressed in an upcoming update for Forza Horizon 3. In addition, there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex.

From this, unfrotunately G923 is not compatible with Forza Horizon 3
  4. ebigg Win User

Criterion ruined this game

Something I forgot to add is that it won't recognize my Fanatec CSR wheel. It sees it as a MS racing Wheel and I am unable to properly adjust button assignments. There is also no support for Force Feedback adjustment or Advance wheel settings like steering
    sensitivity or deadzone settings
  5. Patrick M. Martin Win User

Will forza ever support logitech?

Due to the technology differences you're never going to see support for old Logitech wheels. The best we can hope for is that Fanatec comes out with a great new wheel for the Xbox One.
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

Steering wheel not connecting

I know my Logitech G920 isn't the most straight forward thing to connect to Xbox.

Just make sure that there are no controllers or other input devices connected to the console when you connect the steering wheel and turn it on. I know for me if my controller is on when I connect my steering wheel, the steering wheel isn't registered by
    the console.

The other thing is to make sure all the cords for the steering wheel are plugged in correctly.
Thema:

1. XBOX - Fanatec (and other) steering wheel button support - Logitech breakthrough!!! - Similar Threads - Fanatec steering wheel

2. Fanatec Wheel Compatibility on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fanatec Wheel Compatibility on Xbox: Dear Microsoft, I am owner of an Xbox and Fanatec Sim setup, however most of the wheel mappings don't work. I am annoyed that I have spent a lot of money just to get the functionality of 10% of...
  3. Xbox OS support for FANATEC - more features of third-party input devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox OS support for FANATEC - more features of third-party input devices: Hello, Since three years Microsoft is working on enabling proper functionality of FANATEC’s devices. With Forza Motorsport already launched, Assetto Corsa Competizione having cross play with PS5...
  4. Series X shut off with F1 23 and Fanatec

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X shut off with F1 23 and Fanatec: After playing F1 23 on Series X with Fanatec CSL DD and McLaren V3 wheel, the Series X put a green screen for a couple of seconds, a “buzz” sound and shut off completely. The only way to start it...
  5. Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both controllers and fanatec stopped working ?: Has anyone ever experienced this before please? Very strange that it’s all stopped at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! a3fa46d0-3467-4936-8610-5a6a130d48dc
  6. Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport: D-pad stuck when connecting fanatec wheel with the console (XBOX series X): Hi I am using a Fanatec CSL DD wheel base with Mclaren GT3 V2. I can nevigate in the console main page. However, D-pad stuck on "UP" when I am in game. With the wheel base contected, the D-pad is...
  7. Fanatec csl dd not working with grid legends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fanatec csl dd not working with grid legends: Just went to play grid legends on xbox series x and the wheel makes loud grinding sound. Works fine with other racing games even dirt rally,another codemasters game. From the information I've...
  8. Microsoft V Fanatec

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft V Fanatec: I have just spent over £1000 on a new Fanatec system to go with my Xbox series x, only to find half of the functions on the xbox compatible wheels don't work, contacted Fanatec and they have told...
  9. I have just spent a lot of money with Fanatec why can't I use all the functions on my csl...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have just spent a lot of money with Fanatec why can't I use all the functions on my csl...: I have just spent a lot of money with Fanatec why can't I use all the functions on my csl fanatec steering wheel with my series x a535e8e8-1c1c-41ac-8a16-7d72eccdba90
  10. XBOX SERIES X issue - Support FANATEC steering wheels

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X issue - Support FANATEC steering wheels: Please Microsoft, can we have some progress or communication around this issue? 849d9457-8571-48b5-838e-8a5371ee6533