Xbox fan not turning off even after Xbox is fully off is that normal ?

Discus and support Xbox fan not turning off even after Xbox is fully off is that normal ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a xbox series X notice the fan takes far to long to turn off longest it’s taken is 2hrs is that normal or should I be contacting place I brought... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zachary Stuart, May 15, 2023.

1. Xbox fan not turning off even after Xbox is fully off is that normal ?

I have a xbox series X notice the fan takes far to long to turn off longest it’s taken is 2hrs is that normal or should I be contacting place I brought from ?

:)

Zachary Stuart, May 15, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Zachary. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try doing a complete power cycle and check if the fan is still turned on.

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.
  3. M3dIeV4L G4M3R Win User

Corrupted my profile because the console doesn't shut off?

Oh that is just the inside fan of the Xbox cooling off before it turns off. Its normal even If its kind of hot in the area. Its normal so do not get scared. I hope I helped and BYE.
  4. Mesa uwu Win User

Xbox one X Fan running at max power

No, the xbox has the fan at full power even when sitting idle. I’ve also tried restarting the xbox multiple times or even not playing at all and waiting for tomorrow and without failure, the fans still kick in loudly

one weird thing is that after i turn off the xbox, the fan is still whirring at a fairly high speed... some would say it is the excess momentum of the fan, but firstly if i unplug the main power source to the already off Xbox, the fans instantly come to a halt
    and also, if i wait around 3-5 mins after i turn the xbox off the fans would instantly come to a halt.
  5. RaffardTheWhite Win User

Xbox X fan continues when off using Instant On Mode

I have exaclly the same problem. Today the fan was working for about 15 minutes after turning xbox off. It would be nice to know if this is normal or some issue with a power brick.
  6. JoeSchiavone Win User

Xbox not turning off fully?

If you have a plug and play kit plugged into and charging, you can sometimes hear the motors working too, when you pull the cable out you hear it going dead.
Thema:

1. Xbox fan not turning off even after Xbox is fully off is that normal ? - Similar Threads - fan turning off

2. What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning...: Been having this issue lately whenever I play some games like disney speedstorm, my pc is still on and fans start spinning faster but I still hear sound coming from the PC. Been searching and...
  3. Fan turned off during sleep mode on series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fan turned off during sleep mode on series x: Hi all, Not sure if I'm being paranoid or if this is a legitimate concern. Last night I turned off my series x and left it in sleep mode. The fan was on still which I presumed is normal. Then...
  4. My Xbox Series S fan does not turn off, is there a way to reset it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S fan does not turn off, is there a way to reset it?: The fan on my Series S would turn off and on as it was needed but now it's on and never turns off (unless I power down). I checked the fan and the inside of the console and there is no dust or...
  5. Xbox Series S - Fan dont turn off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S - Fan dont turn off: I noticed since last update that even i turn my Xbox off the fan still goas on. Im not talking about 10-15 min but several hours. Sometimes the fan stops but in this case i find the xbox is very...
  6. My xbox one S will not turn off, or connect to tv and the fan is over running and really loud

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one S will not turn off, or connect to tv and the fan is over running and really loud: My xbox one S will not turn off, isn't connecting to the t.v. and the fan is over running and really loud I've tried holding down the power button to reset/turn off but nothing happens and I've...
  7. Series X - Anyone else have their fan finally turn off on stand-by?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - Anyone else have their fan finally turn off on stand-by?: As much an FYI post but also curious if everyone is the same... First week or so the fan on my Series X was always on - even after the console had been in stand-by for hours. I've seen a few...
  8. my xbox series x fan is turn off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x fan is turn off?: i dont know if it is an issue or not.my xbox series x in turned off its fan when i put it on stand by mode but it is still downloading and doing all normal staffs ,please tell me is that normal...
  9. My cooling fan and external SSD won't turn off when plugged into the rear USB sockets on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My cooling fan and external SSD won't turn off when plugged into the rear USB sockets on...: Anyone have any ideas how to get my cooling fan and external SSD to turn off when I turn off my Xbox One. I've tried it in both modes on the power options and also unticking the turn off storage...
  10. Why won't my fan turn off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my fan turn off?: So I had my Xbox one S for about a month now, and just recently every time I turn it off the fan won't. I wait for at least 5 minutes and check if it has turned off, and it never deos. I just...