Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming

Discus and support Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought my Xbox one x back in December and have been using it moderately, but as I was in the middle of playing palworlds today I noticed a noise that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nathan271563, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Nathan271563
    Nathan271563 Guest

I bought my Xbox one x back in December and have been using it moderately, but as I was in the middle of playing palworlds today I noticed a noise that kept getting louder. I checked the vents/fan and found that the fans making the noise.

:)

Nathan271563, Feb 14, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Nathan271563, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If the noise is loud and gets worse when you're playing, then I recommend that you make use of the console's warranty, as this indicates that the console has a hardware issue, as it shouldn't sound like that.

At the following link, you can create a service order for your console and make use of its warranty:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

If your console is not listed there, you will need to register it by clicking on the "Register device" button. Afterward, you must fill in the required information and follow the steps displayed to complete the service order process.

For more detailed information about the warranty service procedure, please visit the following website:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. zzzx RAMBO xzzz Win User

Xbox One is chirping

i have the same problem with the chirping noises, the chirping was not there when i first got the xbox one but after a wyl now it starts making the noises. the fan seems to be loud off and on.
  4. cambojnr Win User

Sounds like an old printer

Sorry for slow reply, yes the console works fine when I am playing a game, but when I want to watch tv on an app our it is just on the dashboard, also when it is being switched on and off it makes the wierd noises, which is a sort of like a clicking noise
    like as if something is being hit as the fan is hitting something but not sure what it is, kind of hard to describe.
  5. Echo4Ent Win User

Xbox one X-Buzzing sound, Possible Coil whine?

Your description of when the sound occurs makes it sound like it is likely fan noise. If your games are playing without issue, and the sound is not bothersome, then it should be fine.

If the sound gets worse, or if games have issues, then you will want to contact support. https://support.xbox.com/
  6. Pokebreaker Win User

Is Xbox one quiet?

Mine is subtle when i'm not doing anything on it. However, when i start playing a game, it becomes hard NOT to notice it, lol. Funny part is, when I am playing Battlefield, and particular the Rogue Transmission map; if I am parachuting and look down at
    the big satellite dish in the center of the map, the noise gets even louder than it was before. It sounds like whatever it is, is going to jump of its tracks.

The noise it's making is less of a fan/air moving sound, and more of a ticking sound, like some solid object is making slight contact with another solid object. I have a gaming PC rig that has a couple fans (primarily liquid cooled now) in it, and the sound
    of those is nothing like what is coming from my Xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming - Similar Threads - fan started making

2. I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have two questions one about popping and other about fan.: My room was really hot today and i didnt realize that my xbox series x that was in instant on was very hot towards the fan. When i turned it on the fan got progressively louder and after a minute...
  3. My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...: My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console said the fan was fine and wasn't broken so I'm made to believe that a loud fan is normal?...
  4. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  5. When playing a game the pc shutdown and fan start full power.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing a game the pc shutdown and fan start full power.: Hi, I have a problem with my PC when playing quite heavy games. My PC is dead and the fan is very strong, if you want to say my PC is not strong enough, all this time I have been playing IT games...
  6. What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What kind of hardware issue am I having when the monitor turns off and fans start spinning...: Been having this issue lately whenever I play some games like disney speedstorm, my pc is still on and fans start spinning faster but I still hear sound coming from the PC. Been searching and...
  7. My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...: I don't understand why it's doing this, but i have a hunch. My little sister got some cleaner on it but i don't think any actually got inside, so i don't think it's that. I've tried a hard reboot...
  8. Can't start the "Fan Zone" side quest

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't start the "Fan Zone" side quest: I'm at 97% completion of the side quests, so i'm pretty sure this should be the final one. This is the one in the NW corner of Old Town, where you hear a guy over the loud speaker saying the...
  9. Xbox One fan runs at full speed from start

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One fan runs at full speed from start: I have the original xbox one, and I've stopped playing for a year because I had a PC, but when I played my xbox back and download the update my xbox runs the fan in full speed and never stops...
  10. Xbox one cannot start but only fan is working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one cannot start but only fan is working: When I first time play Xbox one at home for about 1 hour, it suddenly turned off itself and only fan still working, I guess it got overheating and I kepet the fan working for a while, but I had to...