Xbox False Notification Icon

Discus and support Xbox False Notification Icon in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; [img] I have a bug where it says you have a chat notification, but nothing is there. Has anyone else had this issue, and do you have any clues on how... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by FAiTZ 0VERK1LL, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Xbox False Notification Icon

Xbox False Notification Icon [​IMG]

I have a bug where it says you have a chat notification, but nothing is there. Has anyone else had this issue, and do you have any clues on how to fix it?

:)

FAiTZ 0VERK1LL, Jan 19, 2024
  2. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

It's Party Time

It can be found in your notifications. You can either go Home and go up top and select the globe icon or just say "Xbox Notifications" to bring it up.
  3. AyeeJamesy Win User

Xbox Game Bar - Missing Volume mixer in Audio tab

To do that, you simply right-click anywhere on the taskbar and choose Properties. Now, you need to click on the Customize button under Notification area. In the Notification Area Icons dialog
    box, there are two things you have to check. First, make sure the volume icon behavior is set to Show icon and notifications.
  4. MissedTheApex Win User

False enforcement notification

Mateus,

Thanks for continuing to take the time to reply.

I have taken the steps to rule out a cache problem on all devices:

- I deleted the app and its data from my main phone. Reinstalled, signed in. The notification appears.

- I installed the Game Pass app on a phone that's never had a MS app installed. Signed in, and the notification appears.

- I removed my account from one Xbox console, hard reset it, added my account back, and Xbox Assist still reports the same red tile.

- I logged into the support.xbox.com site using Private Browsing mode on a computer I had not used on an Xbox site before. It still gives me the Enforcement alert on my list of notifications (just as screenshot in my original post)

I am fully convinced there is no cache issue. Do you have other suggestions?
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Yes, I understand, as I said, I believe it was a mistake on the side of the Xbox enforcement team, or a bug, as normally this only happens when you are reported by someone, maybe someone has reported you for no reason, just to create this uncomfortable situation for you.

I suggest you try the procedures below, please.

On your mobile device, log out your account from the Xbox app and related apps, after that log them in again, there might be a cache issue on your mobile device

On your, Xbox does the same, for that follow the instructions below, please.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

After removing the account follow the procedure below.

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

Now add your account again.
  6. MissedTheApex Win User

Mateus,

The notification is still on my mobile device when I open the Game Pass app. It's still on my console when I open Xbox Assist. And it's still on the Xbox Support webpage when I sign in with my account.

This has been going on, continuously, since the start of that "5 days ago" period. I first noticed it on the morning of 22 Nov. I have played Xbox a lot in the days before and after that time, and at no point did any features of my account fail to work.

-------

Side note: I'm not even suspecting that I might have received a real suspension. I don't use the platform in ways that would even allow others to falsely report violations, much less permit them to flag any legitimate reports of bad behavior. I don't send messages to randoms, don't permit chat requests from randoms, don't use in-game voice communications (just in party with close friends), don't upload creative content, etc. I can't imagine how the Enforcement team would even have a bogus report to look at.
Thema:

Xbox False Notification Icon

1. Xbox False Notification Icon - Similar Threads - False Notification Icon

2. My friend has been falsely banned??

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend has been falsely banned??: I am writing this to inform you that my friend has been falsely banned on Xbox. So, my friend and I joined this group chat and they turned out to be extremely toxic, my friend said that one of...
  3. 61 day suspension? for what? Stupid False Reports Microsoft.

in XBoX on Consoles
    61 day suspension? for what? Stupid False Reports Microsoft.: Xbox listening to false reports on me yet again, only 2 reports this time and I get 61 days? seriously? how does that make any sense? Microsoft is being stupid at this point, the people that...
  4. Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection?: I started having this issue about a week ago where my Xbox is somehow detecting an Ethernet cable when I don’t have one and it won’t let me connect to my WiFi and not sure how to fix, sometimes...
  5. Why can I not appeal on a false report?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not appeal on a false report?: So my Xbox account was suspended for violating community standards however I have reviewed the community standards and have in fact not violated the standards at all but, Microsoft does not give...
  6. Xbox Tv detail settings triggers false features ?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Tv detail settings triggers false features ?: Hi everyone i want to know why xbox sometimes trigger false Hz or resolution in TV detail settings like im having lg tv 4k60hz but when i entre tv detail it says my tv support 120hz even that im...
  7. false reports and enforcement

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    false reports and enforcement: why people getting banned/ suspended for innocent looking for group posts. i made a looking for group post on fallout 76 on xbox saying come by vans corner store and see what i have. i got a 2 day...
  8. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  9. Can you guys patch the false low battery indicator

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you guys patch the false low battery indicator: Hi! I have been experiencing the FLBI (False Low Battery Indicator) despite my computer being about 50 some-odd percent. Is there something wrong with my computer, it is a Windows 10 and can you...
  10. Im being false reported

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im being false reported: I'm being false reported what do I do fefd3878-4044-4267-b65d-cd841ad1e6fb