Xbox Error Code. Unable to redeem prepaid 3 month gold membership!

Discus and support Xbox Error Code. Unable to redeem prepaid 3 month gold membership! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've encountered an error when attempting to redeem my prepaid 3 month gold membership card purchased from the corner store near my house. Can you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArceeSF, Dec 23, 2017.

1. ArceeSF
    ArceeSF Guest

I've encountered an error when attempting to redeem my prepaid 3 month gold membership card purchased from the corner store near my house. Can you check to see why it's unable to become redeemed as I'm trying to play online with my friends.

[Mod Removed]

:)

ArceeSF, Dec 23, 2017
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Dec 23, 2017
  3. Xbox One error code: Xbos-0x80169D3A b2df9454-1df6-4929-8df4-83655f368e1

I am trying to redeem my Xbox love gold membership and I keep getting an error message telling me to try again later. I get the error message when I try to redeem it on the Xbox one and when I try to redeem it online on the Xbox site. It's a prepaid 3
    month membership card. The code has been entered correctly every time.

Lurpinator775, Dec 23, 2017
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

Remeeming errors can be caused by issues on the account itself. Be sure to check if your billing information is correct at
    http://billing.microsoft.com and also check
    http://account.microsoft.com/services for any outstanding amount issues, these need to be sorted prior to being able to redeem codes.

After that try redeeming the code on both xbox console and via xbox.com/redeemcode

Also check that the Xbox Live account , the console and code all match region wise, using different regions for any of them cause issues too.

If you can't find anything wrong and it is still not working, best thing to do is to contact official Xbox Support via Phone or Microsoft Support Chat at
    Contact Us | Xbox Support they can do a more indepth look into this issue.

5. cryptic@me.com Win User

XBOX says there is a problem associated with your account. I am trying to purchase gold membership, i have paypal

[quote user="palathe4th"]

not a very helpful message, there is no error code. i purchased with paypal before.

[/quote]I would suggest purchasing a prepaid code from the Microsoft Store (3 Month or

12 Month). Make sure to select the download option so you may immediately receive the code and

redeem the membership
  6. HassanB Win User

Cannot redeem Office 365 promo code for 12 month Xbox Live Gold

Error Code: 8016A0FA – Appears when you try to redeem a gold membership card on your account and are unable to do so because you already have the maximum 3 years (36 months) of Xbox LIVE Gold time.

When you get the 2 year mark with your gold subscription time, you will then be able to redeem that code on this account.
  7. Miss Diggz Win User

0x80169CF9 & XBOS3008 Prepaid 12+1 problem

Hey there KSI MIDNIGHT V2,

I have a couple questions to ask to see if we can get things sorted.

1. What is the error code that pops up?
    2. Where are you trying to redeem your 3-Month Membership? Are you trying to redeem it on your Xbox 360 console or on xbox.com?
    In addition to those questions, here is a support article on
    prepaid code errors
    that I recommend checking out.
  8. Puppy Fujo Win User

Payment Issues

You cannot use your account balance to purchase an Xbox Live Gold subscription. You can use Xbox Live Gold membership cards. They come in one month, 3 month, and year memberships. It's the same kinda thing, a prepaid code that gets redeemed to your account
    and adds the number of months you have purchased. The gift cards with the dollar amounts that get added to your account cannot be used to buy a membership
  9. Klokkwork Win User

Xbox Live Gold

Indeed, token stacking works on a recent-first basis. The most recent membership you purchase or redeem is what is consumed first. If you have 3 weeks remaining on a 12-Month membership, and you redeem a 3-Month prepaid card, then after 3 months, those
    remaining 3 weeks kick back in and it's business as usual. Peculiarly, if you have a 1-Month membership set to auto-renew, and you redeem a prepaid code, it will turn off automatic renewal. In other cases, if you had a renewing membership, but you turned
    off auto-renewal, and you then redeem a prepaid card, this can turn your auto-renewal back on, as the prepaid card tells the system that you're not interested in canceling afterall. Therefore, it's always a good idea to go to Xbox.com/account after you've
    set up your Gold, to make sure that the automatic renewal is in the state in which you desire it to be, on or off.
Thema:

1. Xbox Error Code. Unable to redeem prepaid 3 month gold membership! - Similar Threads - Error Code Unable

2. Unable to log into Xbox online, showing error code

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to log into Xbox online, showing error code: Showing this screen, before that was flicking off game during loading, help anybody please. Many thanks. 0251d384-cdff-4162-8ed3-dfc30e83a05e
  3. Unable to sign into Minecraft Bedrock. Error Code: Drowned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into Minecraft Bedrock. Error Code: Drowned: When I attempt to log into Minecraft (Bedrock edition) on PC, I get the following error (also attached as an image) **Failed to Login We could not sign you into your Microsoft account. Access to...
  4. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  5. Error code: 0x800705b4. Unable to play any digital games on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x800705b4. Unable to play any digital games on Xbox Series X.: I am unable to launch anything, online or offline. The store pages don’t allow me to click to download new games, and games I already had no longer launch and instead give me the error code:...
  6. Xbox One X Unable to Factory Reset - Error code 102 - Trapped in Infinite Loop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Unable to Factory Reset - Error code 102 - Trapped in Infinite Loop: Hello, I have seen this issue through the forums throughout the years and NO ONE has been able to answer this question ever since I first saw it in 2019. I am hoping in 2023 someone has come...
  7. Unable to Login into Minecraft Launcher with error code 0x800704CF

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Login into Minecraft Launcher with error code 0x800704CF: I bought Minecraft today and can't log into minecraft launcher, where it keeps saying "You need internet for this" and gave me an error code of 0x800704CF. I did read the page...
  8. Unable to run gamepass games - Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to run gamepass games - Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001: I have tried the below fixes, please can my cloud account be reset as I believe it is corrupt. Thanks "Please try these options one by one and check after each option. 1. If you are able to open...
  9. Unable to install Forza Horizon 5 error code 0x80070002

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install Forza Horizon 5 error code 0x80070002: Need some help here, trying to install forza Horizon 5 from the store and Xbox App, I get the error listed. error code 0x80070002 From everything I see this seems to be attached to gaming...
  10. Unable to install gaming services on Windows 11 - Error code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install gaming services on Windows 11 - Error code 0x80070490: I'm unable to install Gaming Services on Windows 11 on my new Laptop. I have tried many of the suggestions on here but have not had any success with any. The error code I receive in the Microsoft...